LoL General Chat

The Fush

That strategy solely relies on the stupidity and greediness of your lane opponent (AP shaco in general). Boxbox very likely kept going in just for entertainment purposes. He's not stupid and would know not to try going in after it happening just once.

It's a really strong and safe strategy in the early game but since boxes don't have scaling health it gets worse the longer the match goes on.

It's a pretty clever box placement strategy which I never thought of though. Props.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"So I bought Veigar and played him adc"

I quit, this guy is beyond hope

Wow, it's almost like everyone's a beginner at some point.

(And let's be real, if you're under Plat, you should refrain from judging too harshly.)

No, it isn't, because you should have basic knowledge of itemization by level 15

I have tried to explain the basics several times. I've written so many posts just trying to explain why you should build differently for mid and support, even if you're using Morgana for both. He is more stubborn than I am (assuming that's even possible, because I'd probably stare down an elephant) And I'm absolutely terrible at explaining things, so all I can really do is repeat myself... Except being less cohesive with each successive repetition

I'm sure he can be taught, but I'm a horrid teacher

By the time you're Platinum rank you should be able to play with a Rock Band controller.

notreallytheexactcontrollerbutyouremindedmeofit

Edited by Pocky

The launcher for the game stopped working for me. Keeps giving me an error message. Will uninstalling and reinstalling it fix it?

EDIT: No, nothing changed. Uninstalled everything related to League, removed the updates to my computer from yesterday, restarted, and it still doesn't work.

The Error states that PVP.net Patcher Kernel has stopped working. Anyone know what this means and how I can fix it?

Edit #2: Watched a video on how to fix it, now it works. Unfortunately, now I have to wait for this to install... again.

Edited by Generalguy64

The launcher for the game stopped working for me. Keeps giving me an error message. Will uninstalling and reinstalling it fix it?

EDIT: No, nothing changed. Uninstalled everything related to League, removed the updates to my computer from yesterday, restarted, and it still doesn't work.

The Error states that PVP.net Patcher Kernel has stopped working. Anyone know what this means and how I can fix it?

Edit #2: Watched a video on how to fix it, now it works. Unfortunately, now I have to wait for this to install... again.

Sadly, Riots launcher seems to run off of a coconut and a bit of string combined together to make some primitive form that works via crossing your fingers and hoping for a miracle.

Alexus, try finding some decent guides on the subject and linking him them. Try not to talk down to him or expect anything from him. Take it slowly and patiently. Demanding them to use skills they don't have isn't going to work. Trust me, I know this from experience.

I just wish he could use the knowledge I've given him several times over ono I haven't expected him to understand any more than what I've already told him

I gave him a link to a thingy that explains lanes and roles fairly well, so hopefully that'll help

No, it isn't, because you should have basic knowledge of itemization by level 15

I have tried to explain the basics several times. I've written so many posts just trying to explain why you should build differently for mid and support, even if you're using Morgana for both. He is more stubborn than I am (assuming that's even possible, because I'd probably stare down an elephant) And I'm absolutely terrible at explaining things, so all I can really do is repeat myself... Except being less cohesive with each successive repetition

I'm sure he can be taught, but I'm a horrid teacher

try to tell him that if he reads the skills and the damage appears in green he should get ability power, if its in orange he should get attack damage, maybe he'll learn ._. but he'd build many adc's as AP

Some of Vlad's abilities do, others don't.

• Transfusion (Q) doesn't cost anything.
  • Sanguine Pool (W) costs 20% of his current Health (so if he has 300 health left, it will cost 60 health)
  • Tides of Blood (E) has a flat health cost (30 to 70, depending on rank) that increases with the number of stacks you have of Tides of Blood. (At max stacks, it's double the cost)
  • Hemoplague ®, like Transfusion, doesn't cost anything.

It is a little inconsistent as a lot of champions who use Health (such as Mordekaiser) have associated Health costs with all of their basic abilities, so any confusion is understandable.

Aaaaaand take a guess what's around the corner.

Patch 5.5, of course! There's a ton of balance changes with this new patch, a couple of skins, and a new champ as well! Here's a look at what you can expect with the new patch.

Skins
The following skins will go on sale in the store for 975 RP unless otherwise stated:

• Elderwood Bard
  • Secret Agent Xin Zhao
  • Headhunter Akali - 1350 RP

Champions - Updates
The next champ to receive a VU is Kassadin! His update is a lot like Alistar's in the sense that he's mainly getting new animations, models and textures for each of his skins, but no new voiceover.

dfas.jpg

Champions - General

• Azir's soldiers have a longer attack range.
  • Bard incoming.
  • Gragas is getting a buff to his base mana as well as the damage cap vs. Monsters on his Drunken Rage.
  • Kassadin is getting some numbers tuning to his Riftwalk, including a mana cost reduction and a 2 second cooldown at max rank.
  • Lissandra lost base damage on her Ice Shard.
  • Nautilus is receiving heavy changes to his Titan's Wrath and Riptide - although the damage on both spells is down, Riptide's cooldown and mana cost have been reduced, and Titan's Wrath has a stronger shield.
  • Nidalee's Bushwhack no longer deals %health damage.
  • Shyvana's Flame Breath had its own %health damage buffed - attacks against marked targets deal more damage (damage cap remains the same).
  • Skarner is getting some damage buffs to both Crystal Slash and Fracture.
  • Sion is getting a slight adjustment; the scaling mana cost on Decimating Smash has been moved to Roar of the Slayer. Decimating Smash also received a slight boost in AD ratio.
  • Sona's ultimate now costs 100 at all ranks.
  • Tristana's Rapid Fire cooldown is lowered by 1 second each time she attacks a unit marked with Explosive Charge (does not affect turrets).
  • Trundle's Frozen Domain now offers 20% healing/regen from all sources (scaled up from 8% before). His passive's range has also been buffed.
  • Urgot's Terror Capacitor shield now scales with mana. His ult's cooldown is down at higher ranks as well.
  • Varus's Piercing Arrow cooldown now starts at the beginning of the charge, rather than the end,
  • Veigar's Event Horizon now appears immediately instead of after a .25 second cast time, and apparently they cut back on the delay by .25 seconds as well...I dunno. The notes aren't very clear here, and they don't list the dash-stopping power that he had on the PBE.
  • Vi lost some Movement Speed as well as base damage on Assault and Battery at earlier ranks.
  • Volibear's Frenzy now gets half its cooldown shaved if it hits a Monster.
  • Xin Zhao's Battle Cry heal was buffed at earlier ranks, as well as Audacious Charge's base damage at later ranks. WHAT WOULD AP XIN ZHAO DO?
  • Zac's Elastic Slingshot has been buffed to CC its targets for double the previous duration.
  • Zilean's Time Bomb cooldown is down at earlier ranks.

Champions - Texture Rebalances
The following champs are getting rebalances to their skins, including bases:

• Cho'Gath
  • Janna
  • Taric
  • Warwick

Champions - Insignificant Stuff
The following champs will be getting insignificant changes, mainly bug fixes: (to be updated)

• Gangplank
  • Kassadin
  • Rek'Sai
  • Singed
  • Sona
  • Soraka
  • Trundle
  • Viktor
  • Zac

Items - new stuff

• The Cinderhulk enchantment is the new green jungle enchantment, replacing Juggernaut.

Enchantment: Cinderhulk

(Recipe: [smite upgrade] + Bami's Cinder)
+350 Health
+30 Bonus Gold per Large Monster Kill
UNIQUE Passive: Increases bonus Health by 25%.
UNIQUE Passive - Cinderhulk: Deals magic damage equal to 15 + (champion level) to nearby enemies each second. Damage increases each second while in combat, up to 100%.

• Bami's Cinder is a new HP item that builds into Cinderhulk, and will also replace Giant's Belt in Sunfire Cape's recipe.

Bami's Cinder

(Recipe: Ruby Crystal)
+300 Health
UNIQUE Passive: Deals 5 + (champion level) magic damage to nearby enemies each second. Minions and monsters take 50% bonus damage.

• Luden's Echo is the new major AP item.

Luden's Echo (Recipe: Needlessly Large Rod + Aether Wisp
+120 Ability Power
+7% Movement Speed
UNIQUE Passive: Gain charges upon moving or casting. At 100 charges, the next spell hit expends all charges to deal 100 (+15% AP) bonus magic damage to up to 4 targets upon hitting.

Items - General

• Zz'rot Portal's Armor and Magic Resist have been buffed.
  • The Point Runner Passive (Raptor Cloak, Ohmwrecker, Zz'Rot Portal) now works with fallen turrets.

Summoner's Rift - Jungle

• The Raptors and Gromp deal less damage.
  • The Wolves give more gold.

Summoner's Rift - Turrets

• The Middle Inner Turret no longer has the Vanguard passive (shields itself and nearby allies).
  • The Vanguard passive has been nerfed; the tower no longer gives itself as strong a shield.
  • Turrets in general give less gold and XP.

That's it for now!
Kassadin VU...Bard...there's a whole bunch of stuff to look forward to this patch...especially if you're like me and like playing immobile mages, because Luden's Echo is a very good item for them, not to mention Bard can be a big help with his Magical Journey and other tools to help them out.

Nautilus is receiving heavy changes to his Titan's Wrath and Riptide - although the damage on both spells is down, Riptide's cooldown and mana cost have been reduced, and Titan's Wrath has a stronger shield.

I like the changes on Titan's Wrath, but not so much on Riptide. I feel like Riptide was my main source of damage output, not that I had much, but I would have preferred he keep at least a little of his meager damage. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens

Gonna miss having Giant's belt in Sunfire honestly, but at the same time, the new thing seems kinda handy

Also, AP Shiv seems awesome, I like that it uses Aether Wisp, which is among my favorite items for some reason

I like the changes on Titan's Wrath, but not so much on Riptide. I feel like Riptide was my main source of damage output, not that I had much, but I would have preferred he keep at least a little of his meager damage. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens

Gonna miss having Giant's belt in Sunfire honestly, but at the same time, the new thing seems kinda handy

Also, AP Shiv seems awesome, I like that it uses Aether Wisp, which is among my favorite items for some reason

I'm actually going to disagree w/ that Naut comment.

See, while its going to do less dmg on 1 cast, in the time it takes you to cast 2 when its at max rank (correct me if im wrong, but dont you max e second? So it'll be level 13 or 9 presumably)

so now

its on a 4 second cd at max rank, which you will most likely get in all games around teamfight stages.

0.3 x 2 = 0.6

0.5 x 1 = 0.5

In the time it takes for you to get 1 e off right now you'll do more dmg with the new changes due to 0.6 ap scaling AND double the base damage. Its not a nerf. Plus, Naut stays alive, hes going to do a lot more consistent damage with these changes and its not really bad at all.

When I'm playing Top I generally max E first because the range and slow are better for trading imo. Always W first in the jungle, though I've yet to play that. And I was mostly thinking about laning where I can't just E constantly due to mana. The more damage I can get off it in one cast, the better

You're right that by teamfighting times it won't matter much, I'm probably focusing too much on lane