LoL General Chat

The Fush

Imo the best supports at low elo are the ones that are best at getting their teammates to safety after they dive in 1v3. Whether that be a Thresh lantern or a Karma shield. since you can expect your team to make stupid moves, the best way to carry on support is to fill in the gaps and make up for their mistakes

Assuming people decide to actually take the lanturn.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

League of Legends and Surrender@20 pretty much lean on each other now. You'll see a lot more content previewed and revealed there than on the official site - they know this, and they've welcomed it. Nice change of pace compared to other game devs.

Assuming people decide to actually take the lanturn.

Eh, they usually try if you place it right under them after they finish their combo. So as long as they don't get stunned or anything they generally get it. Esp if they're the tank and I'm playing Orianna and they just peeled the enemy Assassin off me and I need the lantern to get out >_>

Please tanks, don't take the lantern when there's a squishy carry right next to you :P

Eh, they usually try if you place it right under them after they finish their combo. So as long as they don't get stunned or anything they generally get it. Esp if they're the tank and I'm playing Orianna and they just peeled the enemy Assassin off me and I need the lantern to get out >_>

Please tanks, don't take the lantern when there's a squishy carry right next to you :P

Speaking of lanterns dont you ppl hate it when like 3 big enemies sit on the lantern so you cant click it so you die D;

Yes, that's also very annoying, though that's often the Thresh's fault for throwing the lantern into the middle of things instead of just on the edge, since most people won't even think to block the lantern (and even if they do, it often puts them out of position if Thresh tossed it right)

How does one report bugs? Garen's new ult villain marker doesn't seem to work properly. If I'm not mistaken, it's supposed to mark whoever on the other team got the most recent kill as the villain. However, it seems to keep the first target it marks as the villain until Garen takes part in the kill of said target.

However I also wouldn't call her a hypercarry, she's not like Vayne or Jinx where getting to late game with her is practically an automatic win so long as you don't try to 1v5 or anything. She does a ton of damage yes, but it's all centered around her E, which doesn't exactly have the smallest cooldown. Imo her strengths are primarily in the early and midgame where her insane tower taking ability can give your team an early gold advantage and vision control

I'm sorry, but I'm still failing to see how any of this keeps her from being a hyper carry in the late game. Kalista is also considered a hyper carry (kind of sad to see these nerfs coming to her again), when her kit also revolves heavily around her Rend. Unless the rend kills a champion (which often won't happen in a team fight if the enemy is smart), you're gonna have to wait until it's off cooldown to do some legitimate damage again. At least with Tristana, her synergy with her Q and E allow the cooldowns of both to be lowered with each autoattack (which I might add, you'll be firing off a lot with your Q active as well as with full build and additional attack speed coming from Frenzy). With that, you E's cooldown becomes relatively short. Additionally, are we forgetting that regardless, Tristana still scales until 18, regardless of how far ahead or behind she is in terms of an item build? Every level spikes her power and safety as her main sources of damage all increase in range. Yeah, she's got a pretty strong mid game because of her E damage and how quickly it can shred a tower, but I wouldn't say that makes her any less of a hyper carry in the late game.

I'm sorry, but I'm still failing to see how any of this keeps her from being a hyper carry in the late game. Kalista is also considered a hyper carry (kind of sad to see these nerfs coming to her again), when her kit also revolves heavily around her Rend. Unless the rend kills a champion (which often won't happen in a team fight if the enemy is smart), you're gonna have to wait until it's off cooldown to do some legitimate damage again. At least with Tristana, her synergy with her Q and E allow the cooldowns of both to be lowered with each autoattack (which I might add, you'll be firing off a lot with your Q active as well as with full build and additional attack speed coming from Frenzy). With that, you E's cooldown becomes relatively short. Additionally, are we forgetting that regardless, Tristana still scales until 18, regardless of how far ahead or behind she is in terms of an item build? Every level spikes her power and safety as her main sources of damage all increase in range. Yeah, she's got a pretty strong mid game because of her E damage and how quickly it can shred a tower, but I wouldn't say that makes her any less of a hyper carry in the late game.

Hypercarries shouldn't hit power-troughs late game. Which is precisely her issue. Once everyone has ~4 items. she falls down to secondary damage dealer. Her tower damage is beautiful and all, but she doesn't do nearly as much in the late game as she used to. She's a strong ADC, but a hypercarry she is not.

Calling Kalista a hypercarry is a heavy stretch. So is Tristana. Hypercarries, by definition, are able to output massive amounts of DPS and shred anyone they want, assuming they get the protection they need. Their defensive measures are fairly minimal as a result.
Kalista is seen in the highest echelons of play almost purely as a utility carry with her ultimate, slow, objective power (in particular, seizing Dragon and Baron with Rend), and passive. She can peel by herself with the utility she has. She has a glaring weakness against the bruisers that have CC and gapclosers to close the distance, and her tankbusting requires dual focus between her and the support.

Tristana is seen as a bursty assassin-esque ADC with her strong, resetting mid game. She has high damage, but it's in windows, and her very poor Attack Speed scaling make her struggle in the DPS department when her window closes. She has a big enough problem with tanks that hypercarries such as Vayne, Kog'Maw, and Twitch don't have.

Also, the PROJECT post from last page has been updated with pictures of each skin! I'm debating putting videos of each one up when I get the time.

Calling Kalista a hypercarry is a heavy stretch. So is Tristana. Hypercarries, by definition, are able to output massive amounts of DPS and shred anyone they want, assuming they get the protection they need.

what is better then a adc that needs peel but can shred enemies? an adc that can do the same exact thing but has her own peel unless the enemy team has a vi or naut.

if the players are good they will pink as soon as they see the ! over their heads and cc him.

I already said this. If the Rengar isn't a retard, he'll use his ult to intercept if he wants to initiate a teamfight, not chase. If both him and his target are moving towards each other, there's probably less than half a second of reaction time. A good rengar also won't need more than 0.2 seconds to do his full burst which easily amasses to 3k damage, enough to kill any squishy.

Furthermore, Rengar's ult reveals targets nearby on his map, meaning it's a broken tool to pick off lone units in areas which would otherwise be impossible to ward. There is no anticipating this and the only way to deal with this is to not steer away from your team, which creates the scenario of being outrotated because you then can only safely cover one lane.

Granted low elo shitters don't know a thing about objectives so that part is redundant. Low elo shitters also have even less reaction time, so a rengar capable of quickbursting will never be caught out by CC or pink wards before he's able to casually walk away with a few free stacks to his bonetooth necklace.

also in that Yasuo game there was a before nerf Viktor with a rabadons and ludens. enough said. On top of that the only good cc engage we had was a yasuo ult or a lee kick into a yasuo ult

No, not enough said. Stop building full damage and actually build some defensive items. Yasuo AT MOST needs a shiv, IE and botrk. That leaves 3 defensive items, boots included. Noone on their team even built tanky, so you didnt need botrk or last whisper. Greaves are horrible on Yasuo. Always get either Mercs, Ninja Tabis or Swiftness based on what the most dangerous enemy champion is.

And you're joking, right? You had a Nocturne and Thresh which outclass Yasuo and Lee Sin in terms of initiation. You had absolutely no reason to dive headfirst into fights there and could've cleanly killed their entire team with minimal losses.

so if i die a lot its cuz I'm bad is what your saying. the enemy team cant possibly be good your saying. you dont always give 300 gold if u die like 2 or 3 times in a row without getting kills then I'm practically worth no gold.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. You see, I'm not bad. I don't die 5 million times. Pics related.

TeI6Ii4.png

uAhWYqM.png

HUkKRFe.jpg

And stop trying to sugarcoat it. If you die, you give large sums of money to the enemy. Not dying is one of the most imporant things in this game, because Gold makes the game go around.

your also saying that if i play nautilus support and go like 0/13/30 in a hour game that means im bad is what your saying? cuz i died 13 times. that is false. if i do nothing for the team that i did bad but i had good kill participation and having the 10 deaths shows i tanked a lot for the team so the backline can do dmg

Yes. Dying for an average ~2 kills is definitely not worth it. There are occassions where putting all you can into a fight while resulting in death can be profitable, in your example it's not. You still fed 5k gold to the enemy team. You can tank without dying. Tanking does not mean dying, or the class would be called "suicidal emo kid with resistance to pain but just not enough to be immortal".

and about me misunderstanding im bout to quote a little bit of what you typed under the image

"If you can't recreate a score like this(31/6) on a champ your familiar with you have a lot of improving to do."

Yes, that's what I said. If I can carry a game in such a stomp, singlehandedly, on a champion I've never played before, in my worst role, then you have a lot of improving to do.

This is your LoLking, right?

Edited by Doj

I already said this. If the Rengar isn't a retard, he'll use his ult to intercept if he wants to initiate a teamfight, not chase. If both him and his target are moving towards each other, there's probably less than half a second of reaction time. A good rengar also won't need more than 0.2 seconds to do his full burst which easily amasses to 3k damage, enough to kill any squishy.

Furthermore, Rengar's ult reveals targets nearby on his map, meaning it's a broken tool to pick off lone units in areas which would otherwise be impossible to ward. There is no anticipating this and the only way to deal with this is to not steer away from your team, which creates the scenario of being outrotated because you then can only safely cover one lane.

Granted low elo shitters don't know a thing about objectives so that part is redundant. Low elo shitters also have even less reaction time, so a rengar capable of quickbursting will never be caught out by CC or pink wards before he's able to casually walk away with a few free stacks to his bonetooth necklace.

No, not enough said. Stop building full damage and actually build some defensive items. Yasuo AT MOST needs a shiv, IE and botrk. That leaves 3 defensive items, boots included. Noone on their team even built tanky, so you didnt need botrk or last whisper. Greaves are horrible on Yasuo. Always get either Mercs, Ninja Tabis or Swiftness based on what the most dangerous enemy champion is.

And you're joking, right? You had a Nocturne and Thresh which outclass Yasuo and Lee Sin in terms of initiation. You had absolutely no reason to dive headfirst into fights there and could've cleanly killed their entire team with minimal losses.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. You see, I'm not bad. I don't die 5 million times. Pics related.

TeI6Ii4.png

uAhWYqM.png

HUkKRFe.jpg

And stop trying to sugarcoat it. If you die, you give large sums of money to the enemy. Not dying is one of the most imporant things in this game, because Gold makes the game go around.

Yes. Dying for an average ~2 kills is definitely not worth it. There are occassions where putting all you can into a fight while resulting in death can be profitable, in your example it's not. You still fed 5k gold to the enemy team. You can tank without dying. Tanking does not mean dying, or the class would be called "suicidal emo kid with resistance to pain but just not enough to be immortal".

Yes, that's what I said. If I can carry a game in such a stomp, singlehandedly, on a champion I've never played before, in my worst role, then you have a lot of improving to do.

This is your LoLking, right?

While you do bring up many valid points, I'd like to ask you be a bit more polite in your approach. Remember that not everyone here has insane mechanical prowess. While yes, the ability to solo carry a game is definitely a staple part of climbing, it's unhealthy to keep the mindset that you must solo carry every game. Everyone is bound to have a game where they're not doing too hot and rely on the rest of the team to get them to the end. Just a reminder that league of legends is a team game. Sure not everyone will be great, but you gotta remember that your team contributes something.

Yeah I guess. Would have been happier if it was TL vs. CLG though.

Well that not happening cuz tsm is still the kings of na WOOHOO

TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM

Edited by foovy10

While you do bring up many valid points, I'd like to ask you be a bit more polite in your approach. Remember that not everyone here has insane mechanical prowess. While yes, the ability to solo carry a game is definitely a staple part of climbing, it's unhealthy to keep the mindset that you must solo carry every game. Everyone is bound to have a game where they're not doing too hot and rely on the rest of the team to get them to the end. Just a reminder that league of legends is a team game. Sure not everyone will be great, but you gotta remember that your team contributes something.

I am polite. You're mistaking assertiveness for rudeness.

I don't have any mechanical prowess. I'm completely mechanically retarded and still very often make laughable mistake that get me killed, let someone get away or fail to secure an objective. All sorts of stuff.

The reason this doesn't doom me to bronze is because I'm a good strategist, and I know this game inside out. I can read every situation that happens and act accordingly. I can calculate perfectly, predict like a king and use all of those things to my advantage to win out games even without my complete lack of mechanics.

Let me ask you a question. Name one constant entity that is present in every single game you play?

That's right; the only answer is yourself. You are part of every game you play, and you control yourself. You do not control your teammates or enemies, both of them can be retarded, or they can be good. This is beyond your control and should be left out of the decisions you make. This leaves just you, who can be controlled completely. This is why it's crucial to only rely on yourself; because you can have it in you to be the major factor that wins game, if you actually improve enough to do this.

>muh team game

Just because you play in teams of 5v5 does not mean you need to start relying on your teammates to do exactly what you want them to do. Doing this create situations where angry bronze vayne mains cry about their support not doing what they want, or a zed main throwing a tantrum because his jungler didn't gank him, or a ragequiting jungler because your toplaner acted entitled enough to demand his full devotion and attention.

You get the point. Everyone else plays for themselves. They aren't trying to 1v5 the team, they're simply trying their best to have as much influence on the outcome of the team as you without expecting to get carried (that's the word you were looking for and you can freely use it). You should too. You should not expect to be carried, because you will get lazy and underperform.

Literally all I'm saying is to do your best. Try to play so well you can basically win the game singlehandedly. That's how you climb the ladder. If that's not how you do it, then you're playing a game of gamble and any rank you may reach has not been earned, but handed to you by a stroke of luck.

(It's called solo queue for a reason, after all).

im not sure if this should be in lol screenshots but this is just a example of your average kog ranked game

IwQw4o5.png

Now i got flamed and reported(even tho it doesnt mean anything if i get reported for a bad game even tho i didnt do bad really in my opinion.)

lets see why.

So first of i get paired against a fiora.

my first death of the game was a fight where bot forgot to call mia and then we got flanked and lost that little fight.

second death was a fail gank by shyv, i get blamed.

third death i was trying to kill a low fiora behind bot turret and shen showed up. while i died the adc and supp were just farming minding their own business farming. i get blamed.

4th death... i get soloed by fiora under my own turret when i was full health. now this is where i think to myself all my teammates are the stupidest team i ever played with cuz i get blamed.

5th death my team thinks its a good idea to go between the outer and inner mid turret and fight. while i slow the enemies so they cant kill the 3 teammates that were getting chased i got killed. this death was the only one that i believe was my fault even tho the 3 teamates lived.

the last 3 deaths were teamfights.

now this is what annoys me even more after this game. this shyv and irelia act like they never seen a ap kog mid before and think the team doesnt have enough damage so irelia builds bork when we need tankyness and shyv builds a tri force for some reason even tho she is our engage.

and on top of everything i said i was kog, a tear champ that is shitty early game, has no escapes, and is against a fiora.

Am i the only one that understood that i was ap kog and i couldnt do anything early game besides farm?

Edited by foovy10

im not sure if this should be in lol screenshots but this is just a example of your average kog ranked game

IwQw4o5.png

Now i got flamed and reported(even tho it doesnt mean anything if i get reported for a bad game even tho i didnt do bad really in my opinion.)

lets see why.

So first of i get paired against a fiora.

my first death of the game was a fight where bot forgot to call mia and then we got flanked and lost that little fight.

second death was a fail gank by shyv, i get blamed.

third death i was trying to kill a low fiora behind bot turret and shen showed up. while i died the adc and supp were just farming minding their own business farming. i get blamed.

4th death... i get soloed by fiora under my own turret when i was full health. now this is where i think to myself all my teammates are the stupidest team i ever played with cuz i get blamed.

5th death my team thinks its a good idea to go between the outer and inner mid turret and fight. while i slow the enemies so they cant kill the 3 teammates that were getting chased i got killed. this death was the only one that i believe was my fault even tho the 3 teamates lived.

the last 3 deaths were teamfights.

now this is what annoys me even more after this game. this shyv and irelia act like they never seen a ap kog mid before and think the team doesnt have enough damage so irelia builds bork when we need tankyness and shyv builds a tri force for some reason even tho she is our engage.

and on top of everything i said i was kog, a tear champ that is shitty early game, has no escapes, and is against a fiora.

Am i the only one that understood that i was ap kog and i couldnt do anything early game besides farm?

one criticism I have for you is you took heal which is so easily countered by ignite. Maybe a spell like ghost or barrier would have been more appropriate for that game. However your team had no right to flame you if they were the ones who were causing your deaths