LoL General Chat

The Fush

So first of i get paired against a fiora.

Your own fault for picking an easily counterable champ early in champ select, or straight into an unfavorable matchup

my first death of the game was a fight where bot forgot to call mia and then we got flanked and lost that little fight.

You mean you didn't bother to ward at all despite your state as an immobile champion vulnerable to getting ganked

second death was a fail gank by shyv, i get blamed.

Sounds like you went in too early.

third death i was trying to kill a low fiora behind bot turret and shen showed up. while i died the adc and supp were just farming minding their own business farming. i get blamed.

You tried to proxy kill someone as immobile Kogmaw by yourself? That's literally begging to get killed. You got greedy as hell and chased Fiora all the way there. You probably could've stayed mid and taken a turret instead.

4th death... i get soloed by fiora under my own turret when i was full health. now this is where i think to myself all my teammates are the stupidest team i ever played with cuz i get blamed.

You fed her enough that she could dive you for deaths which all could have been avoided. Then you blame your team for it. Neat

5th death my team thinks its a good idea to go between the outer and inner mid turret and fight. while i slow the enemies so they cant kill the 3 teammates that were getting chased i got killed. this death was the only one that i believe was my fault even tho the 3 teamates lived.

You're blaming your teammates for something similar to what you did earlier, yet it's the only instance where you think it's your fault

now this is what annoys me even more after this game. this shyv and irelia act like they never seen a ap kog mid before and think the team doesnt have enough damage so irelia builds bork when we need tankyness and shyv builds a tri force for some reason even tho she is our engage.

If you wanted a tank so badly, you should've picked a tank. If you wanted a tanky initiator, you should have picked a tanky initiator.

and on top of everything i said i was kog, a tear champ that is shitty early game, has no escapes, and is against a fiora.

Am i the only one that understood that i was ap kog and i couldnt do anything early game besides farm?

Yep, you were absolutely useless due to a bad matchup, and because of this allowed Fiora to roam as much as she wanted without any fear of her lane opponent following up with her roaming. This is because, in general, AP Kog'maw is useless as a midlaner. Just because a champ has AP ratios, does not make them a midlaner. Kog'maw has no utility, mobility or crowd control, so he's a walking piece of meat ready to feed the enemy team whenever he's alone.

It's really just what Neo said, tbh. You seem to be under the impression that you can do absolutely nothing wrong

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your own fault for picking an easily counterable champ early in champ select, or straight into an unfavorable matchup

You mean you didn't bother to ward at all despite your state as an immobile champion vulnerable to getting ganked

Sounds like you went in too early.

You tried to proxy kill someone as immobile Kogmaw by yourself? That's literally begging to get killed. You got greedy as hell and chased Fiora all the way there. You probably could've stayed mid and taken a turret instead.

You fed her enough that she could dive you for deaths which all could have been avoided. Then you blame your team for it. Neat

You're blaming your teammates for something similar to what you did earlier, yet it's the only instance where you think it's your fault

If you wanted a tank so badly, you should've picked a tank. If you wanted a tanky initiator, you should have picked a tanky initiator.

Yep, you were absolutely useless due to a bad matchup, and because of this allowed Fiora to roam as much as she wanted without any fear of her lane opponent following up with her roaming. This is because, in general, AP Kog'maw is useless as a midlaner. Just because a champ has AP ratios, does not make them a midlaner. Kog'maw has no utility, mobility or crowd control, so he's a walking piece of meat ready to feed the enemy team whenever he's alone.

It's really just what Neo said, tbh. You seem to be under the impression that you can do absolutely nothing wrong

while I agree with you for the most part on the points you made, I do slightly disagree with the statement that Kog mid is useless, he does have his uses and can do massive ammounts of damage late and single handedly poke people off of important objectives. With blue buff combined with his ult he becomes one of the scarier long range threats.

while I agree with you for the most part on the points you made, I do slightly disagree with the statement that Kog mid is useless, he does have his uses and can do massive ammounts of damage late and single handedly poke people off of important objectives. With blue buff combined with his ult he becomes one of the scarier long range threats.

Midlane is the singlemost important lane in terms of earlygame influence. You are the primary roamer on the team and it's more or less your job to provide assistance to side lanes and ward areas key to the routes of the enemy jungler. If you're playing an EXTREMELY vulnerable champion like Kog'maw who's simply fucked if he gets caught out by the jungler or other midlaner while he's trying to roam, you are going to do an awful job at your role in most scenarios. And at a rate like that, it doesn't matter how good your lategame is, because if the midlaner is good at what he does, he will abuse your horrid early game to force a fast win.

Kog'maw's vulnerability is so bad that he isn't even played in LCS unless the whole team comp is designed around protecting Kog'maw.

Midlane is the singlemost important lane in terms of earlygame influence. You are the primary roamer on the team and it's more or less your job to provide assistance to side lanes and ward areas key to the routes of the enemy jungler. If you're playing an EXTREMELY vulnerable champion like Kog'maw who's simply fucked if he gets caught out by the jungler or other midlaner while he's trying to roam, you are going to do an awful job at your role in most scenarios. And at a rate like that, it doesn't matter how good your lategame is, because if the midlaner is good at what he does, he will abuse your horrid early game to force a fast win.

Kog'maw's vulnerability is so bad that he isn't even played in LCS unless the whole team comp is designed around protecting Kog'maw.

oh yes, Fizz, Sivir, Rek'Sai and Morgana protect the Kog'Maw so very well. I do wonder sometimes if you watched the previous weeks of LCS. It isn't always Juggermaw comps

So an interesting announcement was just made by Lyte earlier today on his ask.fm page...

We are still working on the details for the 2015 Season, but the current plan is that players who have been Chat Restricted, Ranked Restricted or Game Banned during the 2015 Season will not receive Season Rewards in Ranked. Players who have had Low Priority Queues won't be affected unless they have had 20 min Low Priority Queues. Emails and Player Support sites will be updated with this new info when we finalize the details.

Also:

oh yes, Fizz, Sivir, Rek'Sai and Morgana protect the Kog'Maw so very well. I do wonder sometimes if you watched the previous weeks of LCS. It isn't always Juggermaw comps

Rek'Sai used to be considered an excellent peeler. Sivir used to be considered a "godsend" for Kog to the point that some would play her mid in juggermaw comps...

...until they got nerfed. Good riddance.

to answer doj on the second death i bought wards but im just warding around mid for protection.

3rd death: how am i supposed to be blamed for expecting bot to see a low fiora and help me kill her? If they showed up that was a easy 2 kills

4th: I understand that what happened before made that possible but i get blamed for that death when i couldn't do anything about it. At least my team should understand that i couldn't possibly get out of that situation.

5th death: but what my team did was actually well i went for a numbers advantage fight? They say its a good idea to dive them when they know that we are behind.

and to answer you about the tanks. How was i supposed to know in champ select that shyv and irelia would build extra damage? and i dont have a tanky mid as one of my comfort picks.

oh and im in silver and kog is one of my most played champs in ranked. Not all the teams i play with have 2 tanks to defend the backline.

So an interesting announcement was just made by Lyte earlier today on his ask.fm page... Also:Rek'Sai used to be considered an excellent peeler. Sivir used to be considered a "godsend" for Kog to the point that some would play her mid in juggermaw comps......until they got nerfed. Good riddance.

Jugger kog has changed in my mind. Used to think of it as shields and speed ups, god dang Lulu comps but I can see how Sivir and Rek'Sai fit, however the odd one out for me is still that Fizz

to answer doj on the second death i bought wards but im just warding around mid for protection.

3rd death: how am i supposed to be blamed for expecting bot to see a low fiora and help me kill her? If they showed up that was a easy 2 kills

4th: I understand that what happened before made that possible but i get blamed for that death when i couldn't do anything about it. At least my team should understand that i couldn't possibly get out of that situation.

5th death: but what my team did was actually well i went for a numbers advantage fight? They say its a good idea to dive them when they know that we are behind.

and to answer you about the tanks. How was i supposed to know in champ select that shyv and irelia would build extra damage? and i dont have a tanky mid as one of my comfort picks.

oh and im in silver and kog is one of my most played champs in ranked. Not all the teams i play with have 2 tanks to defend the backline.

I went ahead and bolded every instance of deflection for you. You don't have to adopt a carry mentality to climb, but you damn well need to adopt a student mentality. Just learn from where YOU messed up. Not "my team though x" or "if my team did x". You you you you you. Focus on how YOU'RE playing the game and what YOU could be doing better.

So an interesting announcement was just made by Lyte earlier today on his ask.fm page...

Also:

Rek'Sai used to be considered an excellent peeler. Sivir used to be considered a "godsend" for Kog to the point that some would play her mid in juggermaw comps...

...until they got nerfed. Good riddance.

In today's news, people are receiving flat out blanket bans/restrictions despite the fact every case is different. While there are definitely cases of people who have flamed, got the restrictions and still continue to do so, but this is a massive fuck you.

~ You could have been fucked over by Riot's horrendous client or the boundless supply of bugs ready to screw your day in the ass, such as the infamous firewall bug. Has this lead to you having a twenty minute queue despite being nice in game? Then fuck you, your toxic!

~ Have you been chat restricted but made efforts to improve your behavior and attitude? Fuck you! You were still chat restricted on June the 30th 2015 at precisely 7:14pm and so you don't get the rewards you worked hard to obtain!

~ Has some fuckery between your friends or acquaintances, or errors that DO happen, especially by such a flawed and automated system given you any of the mentioned restrictions? Fuck your hard work! You don't get shit.

I disagree with this. Strongly.

I went ahead and bolded every instance of deflection for you. You don't have to adopt a carry mentality to climb, but you damn well need to adopt a student mentality. Just learn from where YOU messed up. Not "my team though x" or "if my team did x". You you you you you. Focus on how YOU'RE playing the game and what YOU could be doing better.

CnyEbVv.jpg

This tbh

In regards to Lyte and his statement on end of season rewards, he has come forward saying there was a mistake in what he said. Players who do not have these chat or ranked restrictions or have reformed from them by the end of the season will get their rewards. However, those who were banned for 7+ days will not be receiving ranked rewards.

In regards to Lyte and his statement on end of season rewards, he has come forward saying there was a mistake in what he said. Players who do not have these chat or ranked restrictions or have reformed from them by the end of the season will get their rewards. However, those who were banned for 7+ days will not be receiving ranked rewards.

oh good, because I was kind of confused on his wording there

With the recent changes to some support items, what are good builds on Nami? She's a lot of fun to play, even if I do suck with her bubbles.

frostqueen or talisman for your starting item, banner is a must on ap supports now, crucible is strong on nami as well since she needs the mana regen, zeke's is also really good if it's right for your adc or midlaner and the rest is situational

I'd go FQC, Sightstone, Ionian Boots as a main set on Nami; however, as a support, most of your build is situational. You will have to cater to the enemy team and look into getting Aegis of Locket if your top/jungler doesn't get it. Banner of Command and Zeke's Harbinger are pretty good items on Nami as well, but their uses are situational - I personally like Banner if the game's at a standstill or against multi-AP comps. Mikael's is also pretty important, now that I think about it, as you get massive mana regen for Nami's high-cost spells. You also get CDR and a nice passive to save a teammate who's been goofing off. ...usually.

I don't play support very often though, so that's bSed on my knowledge and (admittedly little) experience. Erick / Neo is your man to go to about anything support-related.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Talisman or Righteous Glory if your team lacks a hard engage (Nami has a good engage but her tools are best used as followups).

he has come forward saying there was a mistake in what he said.

I don't know who he's trying to kid, really. His statement was very clear and accurate, he probably just didn't expect such a big backlash since he rarely thinks of what kind of consequences some of his stupid ideas may have.

What he did was called damage control. Wouldn't be the first time he did something like that, either.

I don't know who he's trying to kid, really. His statement was very clear and accurate, he probably just didn't expect such a big backlash since he rarely thinks of what kind of consequences some of his stupid ideas may have.

What he did was called damage control. Wouldn't be the first time he did something like that, either.

Um excuse you. Lyte MD. Doesn't make mistakes when it comes to behavioral analysis. He's got a PHD. He's a big time DOCTOR. Who knows all because he took all the time to go through a DOCTORAL program to receive his DOCTORATE. He's a certified DOCTOR. Please don't assume he's wrong on things like this because in his professional expert DOCTOR opinion he knows what's right for League of legends. I mean, he does have a PHD after all. I place my faith in Lyte MD 100%.

Um excuse you. Lyte MD. Doesn't make mistakes when it comes to behavioral analysis. He's got a PHD. He's a big time DOCTOR. Who knows all because he took all the time to go through a DOCTORAL program to receive his DOCTORATE. He's a certified DOCTOR. Please don't assume he's wrong on things like this because in his professional expert DOCTOR opinion he knows what's right for League of legends. I mean, he does have a PHD after all. I place my faith in Lyte MD 100%.

I approve of this message

PhD in women's studies or something tbh

Oh, I'm well aware. I'm just referring to how Lyte chose to word it.

To confirm, Lyte has a PhD in psychology. Will have to confirm but I believe he has mentioned that it's from USC.

He's pretty intelligent, but dealing with millions of salty kids (and adults) within a video game community is generally not something that someone with a degree like that would do everyday. Poor dude is trying to do the impossible.

To confirm, Lyte has a PhD in psychology. Will have to confirm but I believe hhe has mentioned it's from USC.

He's pretty intelligent, but dealing with millions of salty kids (and adults) within a video game community is generally not something that someone with a degree like that would do everyday. Poor dude is trying to do the impossible.

If Reddit didn't supply me with a ton of information I wouldn't know otherwise, I'd probably stay away from it as much as I can. Everyone there whines and complains about pretty much everything.

If Reddit didn't supply me with a ton of information I wouldn't know otherwise, I'd probably stay away from it as much as I can. Everyone there whines and complains about pretty much everything.

hmm internship with riot to ask in person wouldn't be a bad idea either