LoL General Chat

The Fush

Her aesthetic doesn't feel quite right to me. I can't quite pin down why

I figured it out

She's too electronic. Doesn't really have the same hextech feel that Ori (closest champ to compare her to) gives off. She almost feels like a PROJECT type thing with the eye barrier thing

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay so basically: with the new update with the replay stuff I've decided "Meh, why not post some of my games on youtube?" so I just decided on one of the Akali games and did it so here

Go wild Nas c:

Okay so basically: with the new update with the replay stuff I've decided "Meh, why not post some of my games on youtube?" so I just decided on one of the Akali games and did it so here

Go wild Nas c:

oh yeah we can do that now. Instead of just posting our scores and saying what happened we can record it and send it through youtube with the replay system

oh yeah we can do that now. Instead of just posting our scores and saying what happened we can record it and send it through youtube with the replay system

Yea and it's pretty damn awesome tbh :Dnow I can get even better feedback from ie Nas

Camille reminds me of Diana. Technically a fighter, but with the tools to play as an assassin

tfw camille is just a better, easier to play fiora

I was literally just thinking this. Particularly since her ult is a "duelist ult"

I'm curious as to how her passive interacts with mixed damage champs (particularly Corki since I play him a lot)

Why hello there.

Camille's been out on PBE for a week or so. I've spent a bit of time watching a few Camille games (often dittos, which were hilarious to watch). This woman seemed to be my kind of champ, so I gave her a shot or two too. Sooooo...here are some initial thoughts.

Camille's Niche

Highly mobile AD-based initiation/aggression bruiser.

Pros

• Elusive early-game, making her very hard to gank even in top lane
  • Very strong sticking power
  • Powerful jungle duelist
  • Untargetable dash
  • Physical, magic and true damage, including %health scalings
  • Can function late-game with either tankier or more damage-oriented builds
  • Feels great and fun as hell once you get used to her

Cons

• Questionable strength vs mixed comps
  • Disengaged from very easily outside of lane
  • Mediocre waveclear
  • Gets absolutely ruined by CC in teamfights
  • Very feast-or-famine-ish
  • Requires precise control in order to achieve optimal play

Camille's Damage

Camille's a physical damage-oriented champion first and foremost, but her Q gives her access to true damage if she can stick to her target. Once Camille gets her Ultimate, she gains magic damage equal to a portion of the target's current Health as long as she's in the zone.

Adaptive Defenses

This is very important for anyone who plays Camille. Attacking an enemy gives Camille a Health-scaling shield to protect from their primary damage type; for example, attacking Yasuo will give her a shield to protect against physical damage, while taking a swing at Elise will give her a magic damage shield. As you can imagine, there's no way to protect against both types of damage simultaneously (unlike most shields). As a tradeoff, the shield strength is a whopping 20% of her maximum Health - just enough meat on it to stuff less impressive early-game damage. The shield acts as incentive to make the first move in fights and trades, nullifying many panic options. Thus staying unpredictable and on the attack will usually draw the best use of the shield, as opposed to playing reactionary and defensive.

This can backfire in lane however, and it will backfire hard if you let it. Champions with high mixed damage early game, such as Shen, Singed or Tahm Kench, can work around this shield through their damage, particularly if they have high DPS to shred the shield while continuing to whittle down her health, staying up close in order to not give her Tactical Sweep's incentive for landing the long-range kick. The 20-second cooldown of the passive enables adversaries to jump on her in this window to lay down large portions of hurt without much opportunity for a worthy return trade. In order to use this passive to its fullest, remember that Camille ought to be the one to set the pace of lane, NOT her opponent; If control of the lane is lost, it will take a lot to get it back.

6c421a233e12435396a428a656cd4215.png
When you make the first move, the shield acts as incentive to keep the pedal to the metal and out-trade.

Power spike

Camille gets going in the early-game, particularly between levels 4 to 6 where the damage from Precision Protocol really starts to hurt. As with other snowbally champs like Diana and Riven, the length of her power spike hinges on her success in lane; if she loses the momentum, she is easily countered by simply grouping up and taking objectives, since she's only an average splitpusher. If she can continue pushing her advantage past level 9 this is when she gets super scary, being able to give (and take) a ton of damage in a moderate timeframe. Reaching six items before her opponents will give her team an immense leg up provided they give her the ward support and followups on her engages once she makes a move in a fight.

Regardless of how poorly she's doing, if there's one thing Camille can always do well past lane phase, it's initiate a teamfight by isolating a key threat (or several) through proper use of her ultimate. The timing of its use makes or breaks fights however; sometimes it just makes more sense to ult on the tank for peel, or in order to make it clear to your teammates who priority number one is in your mind. But don't push melees too close to your ADC however! Keep in mind where the rest of the team is going to be knocked to when you ult someone.

Camille in the Jungle

All in all, while I do think Camille is best suited to top lane where she can exploit all of her strengths to the fullest, her jungling isn't bad. She has sustain, a stun, an attack speed steroid, %health damage, and auto resets to rack up DPS on the camps. Hookshot helps her get through the jungle pretty quickly when she has blue buff. Unfortunately, if you're picking Camille in the jungle, she doesn't have a lot of tools there that aren't outclassed by Lee Sin's. What she does have going for her, however, is a slightly better late-game thanks to Hextech Ultimatum (her ult) that can have more catastrophic effects on teamfights.

Example build 1

You have to choose between super tanky and super damage-y going from game to game, but in an average Camille outing, I think you can rely on this path.

• The Black Cleaver
  • Boots of Swiftness / Mercury's Treads
  • Frozen Heart
  • Banshee's Veil
  • Frozen Mallet
  • Dead Man's Plate

When it comes to Camille and bruisers like her, Black Cleaver is love, Black Cleaver is life. Camille loves everything about this item, from the armor-shredding damage to the movement to the Cooldown Reduction. You can augment Camille's tricky movement even further with Boots of Swiftness, but given how Camille doesn't like getting hit by hard CC, Mercury's Treads can mean the difference between dying and being able to hookshot your way out of trouble. After this I've just built standard off-tank stuff, but Frozen Mallet and Dead Man's Plate have their own great benefits with Camille, a champion that likes to look for skirmishes and picks above full-blown teamfights.

There may be more to add to this later, so if something noteworthy arises, I'll post it. I'll continue to play Camille right through to release!

...lol jk, Elementalist Lux is out today

EDIT: Speaking of, this just popped up.

the worst part about the assassin rework so far is that two of my mains have become basically permabanned (for good reason tbh)

a moment of silence for all kha'zix and rengar mains pls

Edited by Knight of Argentum

3 minutes ago, Knight of Argentum said:

the worst part about the assassin rework so far is that two of my mains have become basically permabanned (for good reason tbh)

a moment of silence for all kha'zix and rengar mains pls

I honestly never see Kha or Rengar when I play even when they aren't banned .-.

Tho ever since Shiri happened I permaban Kata as mid dammit Shiri

5 minutes ago, Wendel said:

I honestly never see Kha or Rengar when I play even when they aren't banned .-.

Tho ever since Shiri happened I permaban Kata as mid dammit Shiri

very rarely do i see the two of them not banned

in like the last 15 games i played, either both or one of them was banned, and 90% of the time both of them were banned

9 minutes ago, IronWraith said:

I've been seeing Kha'zix banned more than Rengar in the few preseason games I've had so far.

that's been the case for me most of the times

when kha'zix isn't banned, it's usually because i have blue side first pick and with rengar it's usually the same thing, but to a lesser extent

22 hours ago, TACHIBANA SYLPHYNFORD said:

I keep running into people who ban Rengar or even Zac over Kha'Zix and it makes me crai

Zac's terribly strong with CoC and more of a pain to deal with than a Kha tbh