• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

yone more like yawn

But I guess this is supposed to be their samurai-archetype character?

I just spent the past three minutes or so indulging a thought of what his ult might be, if so:

You know how in anime or whatever, Samurai characters always have that super dramatic run-at-the-enemy-and-slash-them-across-the-chest thing and then both the samurai and the enemy freeze and the opponent inevitably collapses after a dramatic moment

Perhaps his ult would be like that: A targeted high-damage gap closer. After a brief channel time (<1 sec), Yone rushes at the target, and then slightly past them (like Fizz Q). Yone is then rooted for one second, while his target is stunned for two. After two seconds, the target receives #tons of damage (probably scaling off of missing health as well).

As a counter play mechanic, Yone could be interrupted any time during the channel or his dash towards the target.

Personally I think that would be neat.

edit: I mean I guess the new champion could be yasuo too, but I see this more as setting up a story of how the noble samurai took down his corrupted brother and gained influence that way, versus just another story of how x champion is off their rocker and killin erryone

Why do you refer Yone as a guy? Yono could actually be a girl? =OO And will both siblings be champions? Many questions, many speculations =p

I had the same thoughts as Ame though, I really do wonder about the(ir) ultimate(s). I bet one of the passive will be something like Iai Strike which would deal bonus damage and gap-close for the first hit on a champion every 10 seconds. But if they release a samurai/ronin-like champ and another melee type champion it'd be repetitive. Or some crazy legendary katana merged their spirits together and bam, double skillset. What am i talking about.

Edited by Soysauce

random first impressions as i read each thing

Call me crazy, but those Corki changes look like a straight buff? Not that it even brings him to the level he was on before...

RIP Gragas

Various silly changes

Nerfing AP ratios on supports is pretty disgusting

Eh items I'm too lazy to read

Jungle items are somewhat interesting... Wriggles might just be insane now. I don't like encouraging farm junglers though....

Various other items I don't want to read through

I have many thoughts on the vision changes. A very small percentage of them are actually in approval

Blue Buff nerf makes me smile, though that's 100% personal and I doubt anyone will understand. Also, once again, farm junglers seem optimal, though I didn't read too closely here I'll admit

I don't like buffs on dragon. I'd rather keep punishing people who overvalue dragon

Turret changes I have mixed feelings about. I dislike the changes to how gold is distributed by destroying them. I feel like it's not a necessary nor helpful change. Oh well. Making last hitting more consistent irks me as well. I have a big internal rant about how it's bad to lower the skill level for things like this, because League if already a relatively low skill game compared to say, Dota 2, and taking out the rewards of being able to do small intricate things is not a good direction for the game to go. Basically, while that specific change is fine, it's signaling a possible mindset that is unhealthy for the game, especially if it wants to grow as a competitive e sport. Other changes I think are fine and justified.

Again, reducing early death timers is what I feel a step in the wrong direction. Snowballing is a thing that people need to learn how to cope with. Trying to stoop down and make things easier for players of lower skill levels is not healthy for the game. Other anti-snowballing changes, same comment.

Nerfing proxy is just dumb

Masteries... no comment I'll mess with them when they go live

I have a massive complaint regarding summoner spells

Removing Clarity is a more minor offender because at least it's still gonna be in aram

But they're removing revive

completely

riot wtf why would you do this now we can't super speed spawn and race across rift gg no re I quit LoL

On an awesome note, however; along Lulu's buffs is the AP scaling for Pix. AP MACHINE GUN LULU A-GOGO

So this guy looks cool. I can always appreciate a melee ADC, especially if they can jungle. And why wouldn't this guy be able to?

Also, this wind energy stuff keeps me thinking that Yasuo has some indirect connection to Janna. For example...

Yasuo's lore mentions the Noxian conflict, which included Zaun's alliance with Noxus, while Janna learned the magic of the air in Zaun. Thus it's very possible that whoever killed the elder, since they used wind magic, could be a Zaunite who either learned such techniques from the same place as Janna or perhaps was even a student of Janna's, seeing as her total mastery of the winds could potentially make her an ideal teacher (however the latter is less likely as that would require Janna to return to Zaun, which she probably doesn't want to do).

Might be a bit of a stretch though.

EDIT: It just hit me...one of Riven's abilities is Wind Slash. Thus it makes way more sense that she was the Elder's killer (and then promptly ditched the Noxian army).

EDIT: It just hit me...one of Riven's abilities is Wind Slash. Thus it makes way more sense that she was the Elder's killer (and then promptly ditched the Noxian army).

[Bonus Yasuo Tidbit]: Riven's champion page lists Yasuo as a rival.

BINGO I WIN