LoL General Chat

The Fush

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed with Erick. It's a better idea to fix the champs that nobody plays add to the list of "viable" champions, thus adding diversity and fun to the game, than to rework a new champ and push the other reworks, VUs, etc. to the side, when there aren't even that many complaints about Elise to begin with.

you could really rework those guys anytime, but elise should have the highest pick/ban rate in the lcs and you can't nerf her like most champs so i don't see why she wouldn't get hers this year

Implying that just because a champion is popular and picked/banned often means its necessary to nerf him/her. I don't even see that many people crying about elise any more since they reduced her damage output, did you play her when she was first released? She was stupid op and well deserved of the nerfs she got but now, eh, not so much. When the meta changes (and it changes every season sometimes two or more times) different champs become a lot stronger. Case and point: shyvanna and mundo last season. Mundo was freelo up until like gold 3 after that: garbage. Shyvanna was garbage all last season but after the changes to her kit and the new masteries and items and gold changes to the jungle: suddenly the most viable jungler ever. Zac was the meta for a long time until he fell out of favor, now hes not nearly as strong. Riven: completely off the radar, meta changes and suddenly kaboom (though as a riven main i can wholeheartedly tell you she deserved the nerfs she got and i'm really happy with the changes).

Elise is fine the way she is.

Personally I think, rather than the scaling, the base damage, cooldown, mana cost, and most importantly, duration should all be cut. They currently have a ten minute duration, which is a hella long fucking time in this game. The other changes would be to compensate for significantly reducing the duration- in return for not lasting as long, he's allowed to place more. In short, this would force the Teemo player to be more active about setting up shrooms and maintaining them, rather than dropping a shroom in a distant lane/jungle and letting it be able to sit around for half of some games while he forgets about it.

The drawback to that is it lets him set up zone control of lane quicker/better, hence the reduction on base damage.

Another good idea I saw floating around somewhere (cant remember for the life of me where) is the idea of after a certain amount of time, they lose their stealth ability. This would force teemo players to actually position their shrooms strategically as opposed to all over the goddamn rivers. As in, the front of each bush, kinda the same way they made the vision ward visible but take 5 hits to kill. You'd have to position your shrooms the same way. Adds a new strategic field to teemos gameplay which doesn't seem like a bad idea at all

Edited by WanderoftheColossus

Another good idea I saw floating around somewhere (cant remember for the life of me where) is the idea of after a certain amount of time, they lose their stealth ability. This would force teemo players to actually position their shrooms strategically as opposed to all over the goddamn rivers. As in, the front of each bush, kinda the same way they made the vision ward visible but take 5 hits to kill. You'd have to position your shrooms the same way. Adds a new strategic field to teemos gameplay which doesn't seem like a bad idea at all

If they made his shrooms visible, I'd argue that they'd have to give them more durability then; that of a vision ward, perhaps; otherwise it reduces a WHOLE bunch of places where his shrooms could be, because anywhere that isn't a bush is gonna make it die in about a second, wholly reducing the effectiveness.

Then comes the question about the value of the Lightbringer / Hextech Sweeper. I'd never buy an item if its only purpose ended up being to counter one of the worst 3v3 champs in the game (Shaco), and his traps that last a minute long at that; thus would prompt reworking/removal of the items and possibly more work on Shaco than what's being done already. The game as a whole has to be taken into account.

riot pls let ruby sightstone raise the amount of wards you can place by one plsplsplspls

I'd just vote to let the cap for stealth wards raise by one in general. I'm fine with vision wards as they are, but since nobody on the team other than the support or me wants to buy anything more than a warding totem it gets really frustrating when we're in a war for map vision. Hell, they don't even UPGRADE their warding totem to make it useful.

It's time for the patch notes! 4.3 brings about some stuff including a new champ, but for those of you too lazy to look at the site, I might as well give a rundown of everything.

Champions

• Corki's Phosphorous Bomb now has a 0.5 bonus AD ratio.

Way back, we added more gameplay to Phosphorous Bomb in the form of a travel time, thereby increasing the difficulty of the skill but not the reward. We’ve added some extra gunpowder to the bomb this patch to rebalance the ability.

• Gragas took a couple of hits; his Body Slam's AD ratio was reduced but it increases with rank, and his Explosive Cask had a slight drop in AP ratio as well.

Short-term, we’re making these changes to slightly tone down Gragas’ overall power curve without making him “Old and Busted.” In future patches we’ll look at Gragas and make changes that leave him feeling like more of a drunken brawler than a fat mage.

• Kassadin got a couple of nerfs, notably to the base damages of Null Sphere and Force Pulse. His Null Sphere's silence duration was lowered by half a second as well.

We’re currently working on more aggressive changes for Kassadin in the future. In the meantime, these are short term tweaks to knock his power levels down a peg while we continue testing. Maybe, someone, somewhere, will get to play him in a ranked game.

• KhaZix's Evolved Enlarged claws deals less % missing health damage, and Leap's AD ratio was gutted; instead, Void Assault got a couple of buffs.

Kha’Zix can be oppressive to play against if he starts snowballing in the early game. Even if his opponents stick together to prevent isolation, the bug deals stupendous amounts of all-in damage before leaping to safety with his E resets. Even though we trimmed down his explosive initiations and crazy fast Dragon/Baron killing speed, we still like Kha’Zix as a speedy hunter, so we buffed his ability to maneuver in fights.

• Ryze now has more Health, and Overload's range has been buffed.

In previous patches, we cemented Ryze’s role as a mid-range mage. Now, we’re helping him adjust.

• Skarner got a couple of follow-up buffs. His Crystal Slash costs less mana, and his Fracture has a stronger slow.

We’re giving Skarner some help in the early game with a focus on his crowd control capabilities.

• Teemo's Noxious Trap no longer scales as well with AP.

Late game, Teemos stacking pure AP could pretty much opt out of fighting by laying deathshrooms everywhere and spamming the laugh button. If you’re ever close to losing it after dying to a shroom, just remember; millions of Teemos die each day.

• Vel'Koz incoming!
  • Yasuo's Resolve (shield) has been nerfed.

We want to further emphasize Yasuo’s defensive weaknesses, like triggering his shield with a basic attack and then waiting out the duration, or making him more vulnerable to lots of things hitting him at the same time.

• Zac's blobs now have a greater interaction radius for picking up and stomping out.

Champions - Crowd Control

All instances of Fear have now been changed to Terrify. In other words, champs no longer run in random directions when under the effects of Terrify / Unspeakable Horror / Jack in the Box, but instead run away from the source with impaired movement.

Champions - Insignificant Stuff

The following champs have received minor little things, some bug fixes:

• Kayle
  • Sejuani
  • Twisted Fate
  • Volibear

Items

• Tear of the Goddess now has a new passive where it grants +1 maximum mana to its Mana Charge every 8 seconds.

Not enough tears on the Rift.

• Doran's Shield's Health and Health Regen have been nerfed.

We want to further emphasize Yasuo’s defensive weaknesses, like triggering his shield with a basic attack and then waiting out the duration, or making him more vulnerable to lots of things hitting him at the same time.

• Spirit Stone items had their Health / Mana vamp decreased, but area of effect damage no longer halves this effect.

We like the changes we made to the Spirit Stone line in patch 4.1, so these are just some general tweaks to promote a wider variety of junglers.

• Boots of Mobility cost 800 gold but now have 25 for a base movement speed buff.

As the premiere set up boots for getting into - and initiating - fights, we’re introducing a strategic tradeoff. There has been some discussion that this change will hurt some junglers, so we’ll keep an eye on this change.

• Ruby Crystal and Sightstone had their cost reduced, but same with the health that they provided. However Ruby Sightstone had the opposite effect.

We don’t expect Ruby Crystal to suddenly be a great starting item, but we want to lower its barrier of purchase. Same’s true of the Sightstone items.

• All "support" items received changes. Check the notes for more details.

Buying a Spellthief’s Edge is a commitment to harassing your opponents from afar. It’ll be the highest risk and reward item in terms of gold generation. ... We’re reinforcing the Relic Shield line as “all-in” tanky support items for those who want to scrap in lane all day. This is the moderate risk, moderate reward item. ... We’re giving the Ancient Coin line a reduction in combat-related stats so that we can focus on its hold-out pattern of staying alive in lane. This is definitely the lowest risk line of them all, but it also provides the lowest overall rewards.

Team Builder

“Some Team Builder assets are included in this patch in preparation for an eventual two-day live beta test,” said Pwyff.

I think that's it.

The support changes will be interesting...let's see how they play out. I've played Vel'Koz a bit on the PBE, people are probably going to cry OP but that's the nature of newly released champions. He is a really cool champ though.

Vel'koz is hella awesome; play your cards right, and know your motherfuckin' geometry and you could be laying 12 stacks (4 true damage procs) one one champ in the span of 10 seconds.

His damage output is pretty damn hard to fully master, but once you're good at remembering the lag in your skills you can aim shit and literally fuck up their day. Ult works best when they're running away like cowards and ya gotta finish em'.