LoL General Chat

The Fush

Looks like this is the next VU...

They didn't say it would be the next one. That was a preview of a WIP of an upcoming VU, but wasn't confirmed to be the next.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Braum + Draven bot lane. Gee.

Also patch 4.6 came out yesterday! While Braum's a bit of a ways away, the patch is not. For those of you too lazy to look at the site, this is what the rather small patch had to offer.

Skins (all priced 750 RP unless otherwise stated)

• SKT T1 Jax
  • SKT T1 Lee Sin
  • SKT T1 Zed
  • SKT T1 Vayne
  • SKT T1 Zyra
  • Atlantean Syndra - 975 RP

Champions - Visuals

• Twitch got a visual upgrade! Also he got changes to some of his abilities' names.

"Twitch’s visual update has snuck his way out of PBE and appeared on live! A new animation rig, along with models, voice work and effects have turned the Plague Rat and his various skins more maniacally noxious than before, while a host of quality of life updates bring the verbose vermin up to speed with today’s champions. Head over to the PBE announce article for the full details."

Champions - General

• Gragas got follow up buffs to his rework; he's no longer slowed while channeling Drunken Rage, and his Body Slam cooldown is now equal at all ranks.

Now that Gragas is a full-on drunken brawler, he needs a little help in the mid-fight mobility department.

• Kassadin got a series of buffs to his base stats, Null Sphere and Nether Blade.

e're happy with Kassadin's direction as a high-mobility mana-fueled void mage, but he's a little under-equipped for the job. Old Kassadin could survive by blowing up targets (dead targets don't deal damage), but since the rework put more emphasis on his mobility and close combat, he's had some problems sticking around the fight. These changes are to give Kass more opportunities and rewards when he Riftwalks into the fray.

• Rengar got some buffs to his Savagery, and his Thrill of the Hunt now only alerts enemies if they would be able to see him had he not been stealthed.

Following up on our Rengar rework, we're giving him power back in two areas where we've heard your feedback: Savagery and Thrill of the Hunt. Rengar's rework is currently doing a lot of things successfully, but we agree that kitty needs a little more claw.

• Rumble got buffs to his Danger Zone Scrap Shield and Electro-Harpoon.

We're adding more danger to the Danger Zone in order to separate the good Rumbles from the great Rumbles.

Champions - Insignificant Stuff

Minor changes, mainly fixes, were made to these champs:

• Aatrox
  • Maokai
  • Twitch

Items

• Wriggle's Lantern got the nerf people were waiting for. More expensive, more stacks needed to transform.

We wanted to err on the stronger side with Feral Flare's release so that players could see exactly what it offered as a carry jungle item. That certainly hasn't been a problem, as it's performed extremely well thus far. Too well.

• Hextech Sweeper has been reworked to function more as a tanky sweeper item; ability power gives way to armor.

The recent update to Twin Shadows made for a lot of design overlap with Hextech Sweeper, so we're pushing Hextech Sweeper into more of a tanky mine-sweeping direction.

• Blackfire Torch no longer grants Movement Speed.

This change was also spurred by the recent changes to Twin Shadows. Generally speaking, we knew Blackfire Torch needed to be toned down, so when we started seeing piles of additional movement speed on casters, we felt we could step in now.

Summoner Spells

• Heal's heal debuff has returned.

The Heal debuff was something we should have left in when we updated the summoner spell. Without the debuff, ther's no real drawback to bringing multiple Heals to a fight instead of an assortment of spells.

Twisted Treeline

"Now that we've hit the middle of the 2014 season, we were able to safely assess how to update Twisted Treeline to the new game flow mechanics."

With that in mind, here are the changes to the 3v3 map:

• Inhibitors respawn after 4 minutes instead of 5
  • Destroying an inhibitor only buffs the minions in that lane
  • Jungle camps now grant additional gold and experience
  • Health relic now spawns at 3:00 instead of 1:55

Bots

As a follow up to the "botfix" that came out a week or two ago, here are some more changes to the bots:

• Bots now use wards (including trinkets and sightstones)
  • They place wards in lane as they're laning, as they're roaming through the jungle, and in brushes during chases to prevent facechecking
  • Some other bug fixes

In addition, the bots in Co-op vs AI now have a 50% chance to start on the blue side with the players on the other side (as opposed to bots constantly being on purple side).

That's it, I think...

I should head back to 3v3. It's going to be quite the different game now. Anyone else who cares to join me on my endeavors is welcome - you all should become more acquainted with Twisted Treeline!

EDIT: Corrected Atlantean Syndra's price

What I want to know is...

When will they fix the Vel'Koz ult bug? ;~; That ruined me a few games back...

For those who don't know, if you die while channeling VK's Ult before it fires, it ends up not working anymore post-respawn.

What I want to know is...

When will they fix the Vel'Koz ult bug? ;~; That ruined me a few games back...

For those who don't know, if you die while channeling VK's Ult before it fires, it ends up not working anymore post-respawn.

Last I checked on PBE, that was fixed. Likely an undocumented bug fix.

>first nerf Gragas, now buff Gragas

>first nerf Rengar, now buff Rengar

>first nerf Kassadin, now buff Kassadin

Am I the only one who thinks Riot's balance team has no idea what they're doing, and they just push through random things without actually thinking about what the effect of it will be?

I mean what else explains those occasional mini tweaks like "boots got reduced in price by a whole 25 GOLD"

Out of us, not sure. The examples you listed are pretty poor though, since in between those nerfs/buffs there were extensive kit overhauls. The only questionable (and not totally necessary or justified) change I can think of in recent memory is the trinket changes to 2:00 when they could first be placed (I probably worded that badly), which did have a lot of people scratching their heads.

If Riot went ahead with all the balance changes they've pitched, Pantheon would be the laughingstock of the game, top lane would be more of an island than it already is, and mobility creep would be so insane that the only champs you could effectively play at any elo would be targeted-skill-heavy champs which would be League of Bruisers to the max.

As for the boot cost reduction they out-and-out stated it was part of a plan to change starting item diversity (as it went with the cost reductions to Doran's Ring and Shield), so players could start shit like Boots, 2 Potions and a Ward.

Out of us, not sure. The examples you listed are pretty poor though, since in between those nerfs/buffs there were extensive kit overhauls. The only questionable (and not totally necessary or justified) change I can think of in recent memory is the trinket changes to 2:00 when they could first be placed (I probably worded that badly), which did have a lot of people scratching their heads.

If Riot went ahead with all the balance changes they've pitched, Pantheon would be the laughingstock of the game, top lane would be more of an island than it already is, and mobility creep would be so insane that the only champs you could effectively play at any elo would be targeted-skill-heavy champs which would be League of Bruisers to the max.

As for the boot cost reduction they out-and-out stated it was part of a plan to change starting item diversity (as it went with the cost reductions to Doran's Ring and Shield), so players could start shit like Boots, 2 Potions and a Ward.

I just brought up the most recent examples I could think of. I'd look up more examples, but that'd be beating a dead horse, considering you understand the point I'm making thanks to those ward changes.

If you just pay attention for it, you'll see riot making such small changes, mostly on champs, that don't seem to have any thought behind it at all.

But meh, could just be overcriticizing me.

Your daily reminder that you shouldn't decide whether you will win or lose by looking at someone's rank.

Bronze, silver, gold and plats tend to be just as bad with the exception of having better map awareness.

Don't get demoralized when you look at your match with Lolnexus only to see a gold on the other team. Don't be a defeatist about it. Take it as a challenge and kick their ass, because you're not going to improve if all you win against are people who are worse than you.

I would ask for one, but...at the risk of starting an argument, I feel the need to post this for you all to see:

http://forums.las.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=83611

This is a rough translation of what the rioter said:

[[Note]] Regarding Curse Voice and other "assisting" programs

Hello everyone!

I think this is a very important issue that we need to address.

I will reiterate what [Mister] Candanga has said:

Curse Voice is not created by Riot Games; it is a third-party application and, as such, is not approved by Riot.

It and other similar third-party programs should not be used on the Latin America servers, since from our point of view, they give a competitive advantage which should not be allowed, and if we catch someone using one in-game, there will be penalties.

But worry not:

In the future, the Design team may add this kind of program, or something similar, to the game if they feel it is something from which every player can benefit.

How can you help us?

- If a friend asks, please link them this thread! Everyone needs to be warned.

- If you see someone using these programs, please report them (and include a screenshot) to us at: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/home

It's very important that fair play remains fair!

Thanks!

It seems that with this happening in LAS, this stance on third-party apps, including Curse Voice, is likely going to be a universal one. So...I'll just leave curse voice for other people to use at their own discretion.

NA Riot has already shown support for Curse Voice, and they've also said that they'd make it more than clear if they change that. Odds are anyone using Curse Voice is okay.