Slow Freeze

Zen

So, since Christmas is coming, a Hail team seemed to be in order.

Made based on Blake's old team, for OU singles. Does reasonably well barring scizors which get their boosts up or genesect (which pretty much murders this team outright).

---

Cloyster (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Overcoat

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Ice Shard

- Rapid Spin

- Toxic Spikes

- Spikes

---

Abomasnow (F) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Snow Warning

EVs: 164 Atk / 132 Def / 136 SDef / 76 Spd

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Ice Shard

- Seed Bomb

- Earthquake

- Swords Dance

---

Walrein (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Ice Body

EVs: 252 Def / 120 SAtk / 136 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Surf

- Aqua Ring

- Toxic

- Protect

---

Glalie (M) @ Chople Berry

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Ice Shard

- Earthquake

- Crunch

- Iron Head

Vanilluxe (F) @ Leftovers

EVs: 120 Def / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Blizzard

- Flash Cannon

- Weather Ball

- Autotomize

---

Jynx (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Dry Skin

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Blizzard

- Psyshock

- Energy Ball

- Hail

---

So, it's basically a Hail team built to stall, with some backup offensive in it also.

Cloyster sets up hazards and is immune to Sand thanks to Overcoat - lovely ability, since most players expect Shell Smash. Also can act as a Spinner if played right. Abomasnow's the Hail-maker as always.

Walrein's the classic Hail staller, so it's nothing new. Also acts as a pseudo-wall against steel thanks to its dual-typing.

Glalie's just there for fun, frankly. It does reasonable physical damage, and isn't entirely sluggish. Vanilluxe does a lovely job at abusing opposing Sun if it gets its speed boost, especially against Chlorophyll teams.

Now, jynx. Probably one of my favourite ice types since Gen I. Manual Hail as a backup, with dual-STAB moves and anti-Rain measures. Sucks up all water handily, which sometimes comes in handy for opposing Scarfed pieces with water moves.

As mentioned earlier, steel wrecks this team, particularly genesect and scizor. Jirachi's not so much of an issue outside of Rain, and in the worst-case scenario, swap glalie out for rotom-F if the steel problem's that bad.

Heatran/volcarona/chandelure are more minor threats compared to steel, as glalie somehow outspeeds most heatran out there - cue Earthquake - and walrein handles fire decently. Cloyster's hazards tend to punish volcarona, or at least take a decent chunk of its HP out.

Great team. Is this mono-Ice? Actually, Steel is the least of your problems. Fire/Fightning will really crush your team. As it goes, Jynx is slow, even with the 252. I recommend Scarf on it. Scarf Jynx is a major threat to non priority users. If you really want to use the Ice cream against Sun, you have a huge problem. First off, Valliluxe probably can't take a hit under Sun, which makes it risky. Automonize might take care of that, but it does not have the raw power to do stuff.

I would love to see a battle log featuring ths team.

why not Shell Smash On Cloyster ?

You Can Use Ice Beam on Walerain Instead of toxic !

My Rate = 7/10

1. The point of the Cloyster is hazards. why make it a sweeper?

2. If you get rid of toxic that kind of kills its job of stalling

although the presentation and amount of effort put into the RMT is truly amazing, i am somewhat tired of seeing the exact same mono-ice team every other week by a different user.

They're less RMT's, and more "Here's a team that I made, and I like". It's kind of Dodrio's thing.

Regarding the steel-fire-fighting weakness, the biggest threat thus far was genesect as noted, since it typically carries speedy Flamethrowers (and if walrein goes down, that's pretty much game over). Scizor's Bullet Punch is also another big killer. Fighting... jynx is actually reasonable for handling that, although if there's lots of fighting types around I'd swap glalie out for froslass.

Probably I didn't see fighting moves as such a threat since jynx/froslass/glalie/vanilluxe typically can take a single hit.

And regarding the matter of sprites for the team, we personally prefer to not include them. While they do make things prettier, larger sprites could make it a little fiddly to see the team's moves as a whole (particularly since we tend to sequence the pokemon based on their roles). If the team really does merit sprites, though, we'd use drop-boxes.

Like someone said, this one's pretty much a slightly rehashed Hail stalling team, so why even go for sprites? ;P

They're less RMT's, and more "Here's a team that I made, and I like". It's kind of Dodrio's thing.

forgive me if i'm wrong, but weren't you the one who went around complaining about RMTs which aren't up to standard, and considering this is in the RMT section, one would assume this is an RMT, not a place where people can post their "team that I made, and I like".

" While they do make things prettier, larger sprites could make it a little fiddly to see the team's moves as a whole (particularly since we tend to sequence the pokemon based on their roles)."

This makes zero sense.

forgive me if i'm wrong, but weren't you the one who went around complaining about RMTs which aren't up to standard, and considering this is in the RMT section, one would assume this is an RMT, not a place where people can post their "team that I made, and I like".

We checked the rules long before we started posting here - sprites are optional. As for listing each and every thing that's common in the current game environment for a threat assessment, that's really a bummer - might as well list the most notable threats (particularly since everything we post here is playtested first, barring doubles/triples teams).