Pokemon News Speculation

Cyrus

Also, if gen 3 has gen 1 remakes, gen 4 has gen 2 remakes, and gen 5 has gen 3 remakes, then that means we're gonna have sinnoh remakes in gen 6, while sinnoh is still fresh in our minds. Just saying.

>Implying

The reason we'd get a Gen III remake is because the GBA is obsolete. That's not the case with Gen IV because it can still be played on the 3DS.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think gen 3 is still fresh...

The thing that mad fr/lg and hg/ss so intrigueting is that a lot of those pokemon were lost after the gba came out...

Charmander and Mewtwo were impossible to obtain til gen 1 remake, the only way to get chikorita was through colleseum, that was until gen 2 remake came out...

My question is, what would gen 3 offer

Also... does mystery dungeon 3ds have an american release date? If its not that then its probably a wii U pokemon revolution or a 3ds adventure... not sure what it would be about...

Knowing nintendo though, its probably a cheap spin off

The thing that mad fr/lg and hg/ss so intrigueting is that a lot of those pokemon were lost after the gba came out...

Charmander and Mewtwo were impossible to obtain til gen 1 remake, the only way to get chikorita was through colleseum, that was until gen 2 remake came out...

Also... does mystery dungeon 3ds have an american release date? If its not that then its probably a wii U pokemon revolution or a 3ds adventure... not sure what it would be about...

Like I said, Nintendo is slowly phazing out GBA games unless you have one of the older consoles you're cut off from Gen 3.

geh. you think they could get away with calling some cheap spin off an evolution of the game itself? lol, can you imagine a lol-like version of pokemon? 4 attack commands and a special ability this passive or activated on command? or something like wow,a closer third person control of a single pokemon that would support one another to take down legendary bosses? certainly fan,ade mmo's like pmu have been popular with gamers as mmo's, if still following the tried and true classic and pmd formulas. it would be something if they actually tried to do so,ething serious with it, especially if you paid subscription fees.

In all honest opinon, I think Hoenn remakes will come with Gen 6. BW2 pretty much changed the entire timeline. It'll be irregular to have Hoenn remakes. My guess is still a troll sidegame. pls dont be troll-zei

The best gen 3 could offer, in all reality, is more in-game shenanigans. Perhaps the PWT comes in, maybe merged with the old Battle Frontier. There won't be much in the way of new toys for competitive battlers except maybe some new move tutors (perhaps the old hags from Emerald return) and an easier way to get Groudon and Kyogre (perhaps at level 45 like the old games). There's also the possibility of new shinies similar to Gyarados/Haxorus from other games, or maybe it's given to you. (Shiny Beldum/Salamence, anyone?)

Yes Zirr. I forget when, although I know it's on Serebii. Too lazy to look it up.

I'm not inclined to think that it's the Gen VI, at least not without announcing any other games first (SURPRISE! A D/P REMAKE!). That said, I'm sticking to my theory of a Stadium-style game for WiiU, although I won't be surprised if it was a RPG like Colosseum or XD.

Reading on Serebii, the dude hinted that it might just only be a Wi-Fi event (but it would have to be a much sought-after Pokemon like Jirachi or my BL bro [maybe sis], Meloetta). I'm not saying get your hopes up; I'm just saying that with this level of hype it could be anything, really.

P.S. remember that they made Pokedex for iOS, so although it's farfetched, an iOS game is not out of the realm of possibilities.

1357487275223.png

Let's face it, there's gonna be a new eeveelutionsooner or later. Hell, if it is one, they'd probably release a spin off game involving eevees or something to introduce it. I call an 8th eeveelution on the 8th

Also

>Eevee is the 'Evolution' Pokemon

>Gamefreak saying they want to 'evolve' the series in 2013

>Eevee being glorified in recent promotional campaigns and in the anime and movie

Edited by TheNewEnigma

But they always seem to reveal furry (not that kind, just the adjective) pokemon before the starters, ala Zorua.

I think Lucario pretty much outshined Zoroark. Releasing idolized pokemon now is maybe not the best time (?)

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=46058718&postcount=509

Some guy posted this ridiculous copypasta on /vp/ several hours ago. Many of the people who read it confirmed it to be a fake.

HOWEVER, this pasta managed to get to places like serebii and bulbapedia, and a lot of people were like "oh yeah maybe this guy is right and we should agree to this post and it's totally legit."

It's ridiculous how people don't even have confirmation yet about stuff like this and blindly follow shady pasta posters.

simplifying the IV/EV system to appeal to both new and old players

does sound tempting though.

plenty of new evolutions of old Pokemon that have appeared following the time skip. Due to this, they'll be new evolutions that occur naturally.

this would be awesome.

Honestly, it sounds more legit than just a 'ridiculous copypasta', but I can see taking this with a grain of salt. gamefreak should have stopped eveelutions while they were ahead.

But I still don't see anything from it that 'evolves' pokemon. The true copypasta is the turn-based battles. Same old, same old.

Heh, you'd think Rotomfan was the oldest member around here: 'Don't change nothin'! ... Blasphemers!!!'

Hey guys, just in case stuff gets released earlier on the Japanese site due to time zones, have your Google Translators ready. This news likely won't be on Serebii due to the site being in the UK, but if someone can remind me later on tonight by forum pm or something, I'll fetch what I can find

Here's how I see it:

- WiiU Stadium/colosseum-style game: by a mile the most likely option. How they plan to evolve Pokemon in this case, it will be very interesting, but it would at the very least involve the WiiU's many ways to interact with players.

- 6th Gen: not as likely, but definitely a possibility. However, announcing it only two years after 5th Gen's international introduction would be premature.

- Hoenn remakes: This in my eyes becomes less and less of a possibility every day. Sounds viable, but the Regis were released in BW2, as were Lati@s. That and the weather trio's appearance in HGSS not too long ago would also kind of discourage it.

- Pokemon Ranger game: one of the Dark Horse candidates. I say that because Pokemon Ranger is very easy to toy with because of the standing of the series's gameplay.

- related to PMD: I doubt it. If it were an announcement about that, CoroCoro, Serebii, or Bulbapedia would have long beaten them.

- iOS game: the fact that they said they would "evolve Pokemon", combined with the fact that they released Pokedex for iPhone/iPad, this is a possibility, disappointing as it may be come release.

PS I don't believe that wandering graphic designer thing one bit.

I didn't mean simple things like that, I just meant things that would mean a whole change in gameplay

Yet again I am misunderstood

I don't know about how it affected you, but that was kinda a big change. Suddenly, it didn't make sense to want your Gengar to have a high Atk stat.

Hey guys, just in case stuff gets released earlier on the Japanese site due to time zones, have your Google Translators ready. This news likely won't be on Serebii due to the site being in the UK, but if someone can remind me later on tonight by forum pm or something, I'll fetch what I can find.

PS I don't believe that wandering graphic designer thing one bit.

From what I've seen Serebii's translators do a very good job of getting it transcribed into English quickly.

This time skip junk got me thinking about if GF will ever tell us when the Unova saga occurs on the Pokemon timeline. (Gen I & III happen simultaneously same with II & IV)

I don't know about how it affected you, but that was kinda a big change. Suddenly, it didn't make sense to want your Gengar to have a high Atk stat.

For god's sake, can you read what I'm actually saying? When I say mechanic change, I don't mean something like the physical/special split (heck that was a godsend). I mean something that changes the main mechanics of Pokemon entirely, e.g battle encounters and the battling system (e.g how it's turn-based). If they changed the main line of games to have different mechanics than the traditional Pokemon ones, THAT wouldn't be good.

We have received the details of the timeframe for tomorrow's announcement. This announcement is to come via a special Nintendo Direct called "Pokémon Direct", hosted by Satoru Iwata and will be a worldwide viewing at 11am GMT, 8pm in Japan and 6am EST. This Nintendo Direct will be 10 minutes long and simulcast worldwide on each individual Nintendo site. We'll provide the news as and when it comes so check the site as it nears! ***** From Serebii *****