Pokémon X and Y! (Official Discussion Topic)

Nyrias

I've seen this design in a monster capturing game before... but which one...

But seems cool!

Curious about how it animates and it's stats

Ps, that Gold 3DS looks fucking Glorious!, the blue one doesn't look half bad either :o

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is, this thing is one glorious motherfucker.

3nH52SV.jpg

He looks ALOT like Kid Buu to me which makes me want him even more. Such a badass.

It will be powerful and fast surely. However, the God-Elk from Princess Mononoke will be the most amazing thing ever. Versus Yveltal? Bah. Cool but not nearly as interesting.

Anybody who chooses Pokemon Y instead of X has lost their mind.

i'm really hoping to see EVOs for Mawile, Kangaskhan, Spinda, Sunflora, Magcargo, Corsola, Hariyama, Grumpig, Banette, Luvdisc, Vespiquen, Glalie and ESPECIALLY Delibird, Kecleon, Shedinja and Dunsparce. All cool pokemon but most of them have awful stats and all lower than rhydon's with the exception of Kangaskhan being 5 higher in total. Still, it's unusable right now. So it's plausible for any of them.

A houndoom evo is theoretically plausible we wont know something like that really. I mean....Rhydon has a base stat total of 485 only 15 less than houndoom. That didnt stop them from making an EVO although it's only 50 higher base stat total(Rhyperior)

Where are my dark/psychic, poison/psychic, Fighting/Ground and ghost/steel Pokemon? i dunno about other people but those are the ones i want to see really bad. Oh and fire/grass. It would be the second fire pokemon not weak to water(reshiram) and its only weaknesses would be rock, and the fairly uncommon flying and poison attacks. To top it off all three of those are mostly used as physical attacks, especially rock. If it has Torkoal Defense it would be quite formidable.

You got your wish with Honedge! :D

I wants the lizard, if it has an evolution then that's a plus. And i have a feeling that everyone'll nickname that fighting panda Po. Even I'd be tempted to name him that or Bepo.

Sven I love you even more now. Are you a fan of One Piece? Because that's what I was gonna name teh Panda.

You know what just hit me, since they're changing Gardevoir's typing to Fairy. Shouldn't they change Gyarados' type to Water/Dragon because of the amount of dragon moves they have now?

You and I are soo alike. I've always wondered why Gyarados wasn't Dragon Type it would only make sense and he barely learns any Flying-Type moves.

Overall I'm really stoked about this , The Graphics, character customization, New Type, New Mewtwo form.. This is becoming my favorite Gen and it's not even out yet. Can anyone just imagine the Metagame after this comes out?

Apparently Honedge learns swords dance. Lolololol. perfect. It had better learn chip away. And maybe have some piercing move that always crits like frost breath, but steel type.

Actually it would make a lot of sense to have a ghost type move that ignores defenses to always crit, or just ignore increases to enemy phy def.

The more I think about it, the more I like Honedge. Nice play on of honor, hone, and edge. Hopefully it gets levitate. It'll probably be able to use rock polish as well. I'm surprised they didn't go for more of a rapier looking design, seeing as rapiers/fencing foils are seen as stereotypically french, though they've been battling with that basic european design of sword as long as anybody else.

I would love to see an evolution. Or split evolution. One that excels in attack, like a broad/great sword or a scimitar to include a little historical significance from all the Moors in french history. I could envision a defensive evolution too- a sword breaker that excels in defense and with an ability that lowers a foe's atk whenever it comes into physical contact with it. But that doesn't seem likely even to me.

It needs a move called Parry. Which would probably work like protect against physical attacks but with some added effect.

Btw, found some art that goes a long way towards making me forgive game freak for the new form.

AfZIErp.jpg

Serebii has been updated again! Check below for details.

• Yveltal and Xerneas' abilities and some moves have been announced. Xerneas' ability is Fairy Aura which boosts the damage of Fairy-type moves. Yveltal's ability is Dark Aura which boosts the damage of Dark-type moves. Xerneas is Fairy-type, Yveltal is Dark/Flying-type. Xerneas has a special move called Geo Control and Yveltal has a special move called Death Wing.
  • Pancham's evolution is named Koronda. It is called the Aggressive Pokémon. Its ability is Iron Fist and it is Dark/Fighting-type. It has the move Hammer Arm and a new method of evolution.
  • The squids are called Maika, the Rotation Pokémon and its evolution is Karamanero, the Reversal Pokémon. They're both Dark/Psychic-type. Maika has a move called Turn Over which reverses stat changes. It's a Dark-type move. Karamanero has the move Hypnosis. They both have either Suction Cups or Contrary.
  • The pink bird is called Shushup and is Fairy-type. It is the Perfume Pokémon. Its ability is Healer. It knows the move Aromatherapy and is exclusive to Pokémon Y.
  • The puff ball is called Peroppafu and is also a Fairy-type. Its ability is called Sweet Pale which prevents your allies from falling asleep. It's the Cotton Candy Pokémon and has the new move Drain Kiss. It is exclusive to Pokémon X.
  • Honedge has the ability No Guard.
  • Clauncher is exclusive to Pokémon X while Skrelp is exclusive to Pokémon Y.
  • There's a new Gym Leader, with the robot arms, called Shitoron while the other Gym Leader is called Zakuro.
  • The professor is called Purataanu. He will occasionally battle you.
  • The evil team is called Team Flair or Team Flare. Their sole purpose is to make money.

Pictures that were attached to the post on Serebii are below, in the spoiler. (Warning: A couple of them are huge images.)

corocoro7131.jpg

corocoro7132.jpg

corocoro7133.jpg

corocoro7134.jpg

corocoro7135.jpg

corocoro7136.jpg

corocoro7138.jpg

Corocoro leaked and we got a lot of new info. For starters Xerneas's and Yveltal's types were revealed! Xerneas is going to be a Fairy type, and Yveltal is going to be a Dark/Flying(called it) type! Not only that, their abilities were also revealed, and both are brand new! Xerneas's ability is called Fairy Aura and it powers up Fairy moves, while Yveltal's is called Dark Aura and powers up Dark type moves! They also have signature moves each! Geo Control for Xerneas and Death Wing for Yveltal.

Pancham's evolution was also revealed and is called Koronda, and is a Dark/Fighting Pokemon! It was also mentioned that a new method of evolution will be used to obtain it. That sounds pretty exciting, huh?!

Other new Pokemon were revealed(including some version exclusives)but I will just let you see them for yourselves when I link to Serebii.

That's not all though! The baddies of X and Y were also revealed! They're called Team Flair/Flare and are only out for money according to Serebii. Not only that, but a new gym leader was also mentioned: Shitoron, and he apparently has.... robot arms attached? The Professor was mentioned as well, Purataanu.

Last but not least, Honedge's ability was revealed too. Sadly, it's not anything new, but if you're wondering, it's No Guard.

Anyway, if you want to see for yourself, as well as things I left out, go here http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

EDIT: I was beaten to the punch. :CCCCCC

Still a lot of info that isn't translated, it looks like.

Kinda want the squid.

*notices how the 'feminine' pokemon are exclusive to Y and the more 'masculine' ones are exclusive to X. I'm still getting Y, despite your balance issues, gamefreak.

But the badguys are team Flair- only goal is to obtain money. AKA team bling.

OUR GOAL IN THIS GAME IS TO DEFEAT THE SWAGGOTS (to use a term from our other local halo enthusiast). Gamefreak, you have just redeemed yourself so much.

I swear, GameFreak is toying with me. I don't want all these pretty-pretty Fairy Pokemon, but yet, I wanna get Y. It seems as if all the fluffy pink Pokemon are in Y...well fuck it, I'm still getting it.

I'm 100% sure that was intentional.

I'm stilly getting Y too. Gotta catch that Yvetal.

It still kind of annoys me that going full fairy gave GF license to go and make some really odd/inane creatures that are trying way too hard to be cute.

That pink bird/nose thingy is totally a rip off of the 'fairy king' in Ni No Kuni.

A cotton candy fairy? FOR THE LOVE OF CHEESECAKE, WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS??? cotton candy is man-made and there's no real logic behind it. I WILL HYPERBEAM THE HELL OUT OF IT EVERY TIME I SEE IT.

Did someone just bring Ni No Kuni into this

Mael whaaiiiiiiiii

WHAAIIII

I WANT THAT GAAAAAME qq

brb drawing fanart of me blowing up the world with cotton candy

But actually, that doesn't make sense. It is manmade, you're right...so...um...maybe someone dropped their cotton candy and it got possessed by the spirit of a happy little girl/boy

perfect

Edited by SapphireSkyWillow

I'm really loving the squids, though not expecting they would be Dark/Psychic.=/ At first I thought it would be part Water. I still haven't made up my mind on which one I want, but as long as I have a squid I'm happy with either version.~

It still kind of annoys me that going full fairy gave GF license to go and make some really odd/inane creatures that are trying way too hard to be cute.

That pink bird/nose thingy is totally a rip off of the 'fairy king' in Ni No Kuni.

A cotton candy fairy? FOR THE LOVE OF CHEESECAKE, WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS??? cotton candy is man-made and there's no real logic behind it. I WILL HYPERBEAM THE HELL OUT OF IT EVERY TIME I SEE IT.

1. I totally see where your coming from with this... ug... fairies.. no thanks... Xerxes is the only cool looking Fairy Imo....

2. I didn't realize that the pink bird thing looks like Mr. Drippy... also... I coulda swore I have seen a monster like Honedge in a Monster capturing game before... maybe it was DQM, mayhaps Ni no Kuni again...

Fairy type should be renamed Ghibli type :P

3. Ya.... that cotton candy is so... ya... **Barfs**

Overall my opinion...

Panda looks boss... but why does it have Dark Typing? Kinda Racist yo!

Squid thing... what? No thanks...

I am actually curious about the pink fluff... though I prob won't Train one... unless it has an evo I really like....

Cotton Candy? Really? Sigh...

Also I am gonna maybe pick up both... though I already preordered Y

C-co-cotton candy pokemon!?
X.

X.

Must.

Get.

X.

But seriously, why're all y'all hating the Fairy Types so much? True, GameFreak is being pretty stereotypical by making most of them girly, but hell, Look at Xerneas. Remember: Most of the Fairies we've seen are in their first Evo- so let's not judge them until we can see their second and third stage ^_^ I'm Getting Both X and Y because I preordered 'em, so I can get two pink fluffy things <3

Fairy isn't terrible... its just... not for mme...

I am predicting that Whisicott will be Grass Fairy... which seem like a Legit idea and I love Whimsi.... but most them are looking all Heeeeyyyy~ and that's not for me...