Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

If sakurai were to try and keep the roster the same size as brawl, he would have to cut characters to make room for the newcomers, so far we have 6, I am expecting at least 4 more. Pop quiz! Who gets the hammer? Pick 10 of the following to get replaced that you don't like! Not 1, not 2, ten! Don't pansy out half way! :P

Wario

Gannondorf

Metaknight

Falco

Wolf

Squirtle

Ivysaur

Jigglypuff

Ice Climbers

R.O.B.

Captain Falcon

Ness

Lucas

Ike

Mr. Game and Watch

Snake

Also keep in mind, the 35 character comment was made before development even started! I read that article :P

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about Chrom from the newest Fire Emblem? I feel like this was a brain dead choice but not a lot of people are talking about him and he hasn't been announced yet.

I was personally thinking that it would make more sense if we got 3 fe reps, Marth, Ike, and Robin, aka the Tactician!

Marth and Ike will have to have alternate skins to make them look like Chrom and Lucina. So far we only have 2 alt skins confirmed, which are for lil Mac and wii fit trainer.

Also trust me, we talked about Chrom here, we have tons of Fire Emblem fans here! Last year out forums were like "forget Pokemon! How far are you in Awakening!?!"

From that list, the ones I would not care to be kicked and burned are

Lucas, ROB, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Metaknight (can burn in a fiery hellhole for all I care), and Wolf.

The rest are Ok and ganon deserves some justice after brawl

I think Owen speaks for all of us when he says that Meta Knight can stay out of this one.

As for the rest of his list, we may need to have a talk...

Also, the whole newcomer thing makes more sense now; after all, there were about 16 of them in Brawl.

Meta knight doesn't need the the boot, he needs ridelin or however you spell it.

I have 2 problems with him.

1. He wins EVERY ATTACK COLLISION! Whether it's shiek's pencil thin arms or DK's massive biceps, Metaknight's sword always wins! It's bullshit!

2. Metaknight never... Ever... Has an opening...

My main gameplay is to wait or make an opening in my opponent's defense and take advantage of it to its fullest...

High level meta knights never... Ever... Have an opening... Ever!

• 3 weeks later...

Holy Shit! Nintendo just did the unexpected! They are giving us a surprise at e3 this year!

HkB81Vr.png

First off, Nintendo is hosting their very first Smash Bros tournament! WTF!?! Nintendo is going to throw a tournament after what they pulled at Evo last year?!? Ok... this is kinda huge and unexpected.

For those who are like "OMG Y DOES ONLY THESE PEOPLE GET TO PLAY THE GAME?!"

Look at this

BbI5aMQ.png

So apparently there is going to be a demo at select Best Buys. Last year ninty did something similar, but unfortunately, the event last year didn't hit my local best buys :(

Smash is huge however! Hopefully NIntendo expands their list of locations this year!

So... who's hyped?

For reference, e3 is June 10th to the 12th.

tbh i really wanted this game to be almost a throwback to the old melee days. EXTREMELY UNFORGIVING AND SO MUCH FUN TO PLAY

but as of seeing all these new characters i doubt i'll actually get into the competitive scene with smash again

:C

What do you guys think of Sakurai stating that for online play on glory mode there will be only Final Destination versions of each stage?

It seems to me this would hamper a lot of characters who love platforms (aka Marth) and severely hamper some characters potential for online play. It would be like in Melee only having Final Destination, the amount of Foxes and Falcos you would see competitively would just be absurd.

• 3 weeks later...

Falcon was always a Combo Character, even though he sucked in Brawl, his combos in Melee and P:M were top tier material... He had MvC3 style combos in 64.

I guess you could put Falcon and Mac on simular levels.

• Administrators

I mained Roy and Mewtwo in Melee I know the argument you're going to present and personal preference should probably be seperate from arguments about effectiveness. He's not terrible but his best matchup was 65% in his favor against Ganondorf, with barely 30-40% against higher tier characters. He was super slow and it was a terrible representation of how good he was in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Regardless of tiering and effectiveness though I'm mostly upset that they brought back a character from a pair of games that's nearly impossible to come across nowadays (Radiant Dawn is still $70 at best on Amazon, USED) and then pointed people to the Awakening site to learn more about him. Marth as a recurring character I get- main character of the very first game (and a few afterward) and probably the most well known face in the series. But I'm not even bothered about Ike, I'm bothered about the implications of his confirmation. As I mentioned above it's obviously not for marketing or anything, so I don't understand why they wouldn't have just brought in one of the main characters from their most successful game to date- unless they still intend to as Wolf says, but I won't hold my breath.

tl;dr Ike is fine I'm just disappointed that it wasn't Chrom or Lucina