Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't see Palutena in the short bit of lunch break I was able to watch.

Your Mii character joining the fight isn't exactly a surprise. The 3 styles and all that possible customization definitely IS though. I look forward to wrecking you all online with my vicious proxy.

Here are some more challengers!

Pac-Man and Mr. Game and Watch!

vsVKKcU.png

apparently Pac can eat fruit and Power Pallets, He also has his own stage

Edit: he can also apparently summon ghosts, Galaga Aliens, he makes Dig Dug referances, and Turns 8-bit for his final smash!

Sakurai tweeted saying that he looks like how he does in Pac-Land and said Stay Tuned!

http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry2.html

Remember way back when, when I wanted smash to be customizable like Soul Caliber- be able to customize primary weapons/attacks to affect the way they deal damage or affect a target? Well Nintendo actually went and did it. If you'll look at some of the old direct stuff, they showed mario shooting different fireballs than usual. One shot straight forward very quickly, and the other was larger, moved slower, but hit multiple times if enemies stayed in its path. They also showed DK doing his headsmash on Lil Mac, taking a very long time to attack but completely ignoring hits raining down on him.

Turns out they're giving each special attack two other alternative variations to choose from. This can only improve the technical depth of the game.

As a side note, in one of the older videos they showed a player fighting the big ghost dragon thing from Find Mii, with a cage hanging in the background with a captive mii inside. Probably the in-game fight that unlocks the Mii for your roster.

• 4 weeks later...

No it's Shulk. Trust me!

After This news was made public, Monolith Soft and all of the Xenoblade Devs, Including Shulk's VA and the Game's Director tweeted that we should all watch the trailer.

8Pq8PjH.png

No it's Shulk. Trust me!

After This news was made public, Monolith Soft and all of the Xenoblade Devs, Including Shulk's VA and the Game's Director tweeted that we should all watch the trailer.

8Pq8PjH.png

Sounds like cheating to me. I'd rather have Robin.

Which Monado would Shulk have though?

If we're going off speculation here, I'm willing to assume he wields the ordinary form at base and uses the awakened version during his Final Smash. Either way, I'd love to see that beautiful thing be rendered wonderfully in Smash Bros.

Wasn't there a battle on top of mechs? If that is the stage, you would know that Mael and I would fight there regularly. He and I already really like the Fire Emblem stages.

I also really like the final destination version of Dr. Wily's Castle and Guerado Valley. They look great and have this musical score that is.... Skudkakkfjdj

Wasn't there a battle on top of mechs? If that is the stage, you would know that Mael and I would fight there regularly. He and I already really like the Fire Emblem stages.

I also really like the final destination version of Dr. Wily's Castle and Guerado Valley. They look great and have this musical score that is.... Skudkakkfjdj

That'd be grand and all, but I think it'd be a far better idea to put one of the complete vistas of Xenoblade in as a stage instead. The beauty is pretty much unmatchable.