Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Expected Shulk? Then you got trolled hard. *llaughs at GGodot.*

Well never played Xenoblade, that's why I was all like: "Wonder what that guy would be like, never herad of him... could be interesting to see."

but well... at least the Captain is finally confirmed (as if he would be ditched... he was there since the beginning and is a fan favorite)

I like that all the Fire Emblem characters seem to play very differently ... well Marth and Lucina seem to have some similarities (well they are somehow related iirc)

I'm not confident Shulk from Xenoblade is going to make it into the game, but it's still a few months before the 3DS release so there could be more things revealed between now and then. I guess if Lucas can make it into Brawl and Saki/Isaac can be thrown around as playable character possibilities, no reason Shulk can't be.

Oh, and here's the vid from earlier:

• 2 weeks later...

I tried updating my personal tread a while back and my browser crashed ><

But a lot has happened in these past weeks. We got Takamaru deconfirmed. And 5 new stages! 1 for wii u and 4 for 3DS. What are your guy's thoughts on this?

stages we got are:

Wii U

Great Fox (Star Fox Assault)

3DS

Apartment Complex (Tomadachi: New Life)

Dr. Wily's Castle (Megaman II)

A Flip Book (Paper Mario Sticker Star/Thousand Year Door)

Indigo Plateau/N's Castle (Pokemon Black and White)

I am also curious as to when we see our next newcomer. Monday is a Nintendo direct for Hyrule Warriors. So I don't know if we will see smash in this direct. There is Coro Coro magazine which claims will be showing us new Mega Evolutions and the entire Smash bros roster, including every single stage in the 3D version. But people keep mentioning how Coro Coro said something similar when brawl was coming out, and all they had shown us was what we already knew.

You guys forgot the most important aspect of the N's Castle stage. MILOTIC IS IN IT! I don't care that it's only a stage hazard, I'm just happy they put my favorite Pokemon in a Smash Bros game!

SPECULATION CORNER

I predict that the stage will work similar to how Spear Pillar did, with Reshiram and Zekrom playing the part of Dialga and Palkia, and Milotic playing the part of Cressailia (a rare third option that not many people knew about because it's so rare).

Also, could her role in the stage be to show off a new mega evolution, exclusive to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? Please make it happen Nintendo!

Edited by Eagleby18

That's even more interesting

On a side note, some dude did up this peripheral for the 2DS/3DS and people are saying it has the "potential for competitive play"

nvgpGBi.jpg

Wouldn't go that far, but still an idea with potential.

I absolutely LOVE the Flip Book stage because it could potentially be a LOT more than is revealed in the picture.

- Hooktail's Castle

- Cortez's Cave

- Goombario's Verdana

- Flipside...?

...I mean, it's a book, so it would be kinda silly if it only had two pages....of course, most of the changes to the stage could be more subtle, justifying keeping the images to Sticker Star (a DS title) and the S.S. Flavion

Also...I HIGHLY DOUBT a Shulk 'reveal'..but that's not saying he doesn't make the roster. I think Shulk will be a hidden unlock-able character. He certainly won't make the starting roster, with Link, the Mii Fighter, and four Fire Emblem swordsmen already aboard.

and the picture of 'N's Castle' is the front steps of the Unova Pokemon League...perhaps that stage changes, like the Fire Emblem one in Brawl.

A. When you take the picture off of the main site it will change with each coming day.

B. I don't like the peripial for two reasons. 1. Screen is too small to play in a comfortable manner. The 3ds is made to be held in your hands. 2. Being that it is fan made and not a legit option. You can expect a noticeable amount of input delay in everything you do.

C. Paper Mario and Super Paper Mario was ok. Sticker star was meh.... But Thousand Year Door was fucking amazing! I would love the paper Mario to translation to Hooktail's Castle or the Glitz Pit.

D. I think N's castle will be a toned down spear pillar. Instead of the screen flipping upside down and backwards, we will instead get screen filling fire, water, and lightning.

E. I think that we will see at least 2 more trailers...

Here are my ideas

1. A villians trailer with Bowser, Gannondorf, Metaknight, and Ridley.

2. A musical Rhythem heaven trailer with Chorus Men/Karate Joe and Jigglypuff.

3. An "underrated JRPG" trailer with Isaac/Matthew, Shulk, and Ness.