Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But outside of minor buggy shit on the Character Select (I mean Wario da fuck is yo pupil at?), I currently am pleased with this list. Also in regards to Duck Hunt God, usually they have some retro character presented with each new game with the exception of 64, which is a retro as we can get with the franchise. So having the Duck Hunt God there would be totally excusable as I've heard from many people already.

In regards to Goku, that would be a silly choice, even from Nintendo. For starters, the popular Dragon Ball games are usually centered around Sony Playstation consoles, such as the Budokai games (which btw are some of the best games on the PS2). Admittedly there is a larger list of Gameboy games and Famicon games, but they aren't as big as as the PS2 era of DBZ games. Another point from this is DBZ, nor any other anime, made a MASSIVE impact with Nintendo's consoles. So choosing to add such a character in a game where it show cases popular or historical NINTENDO characters is impossible.

Edit: I intentionally put Duck Hunt God. Sue me.

Edited by The Radiant Aeon

Meh... True, but they said there's a chance. I know personally, I'm not gonna be spirit bombing bowser anytime soon. (You gotta admit you wanna try that) But with battle of the gods out, dbs popularity has only gotten bigger. If we could have goku, I don't even care if it's the original db goku, in any future smash bros game, I would be extremely happy, and surprised... At least we have that troll- I mean duck hunter dog.

But outside of minor buggy shit on the Character Select (I mean Wario da fuck is yo pupil at?), I currently am pleased with this list. Also in regards to Duck Hunt God, usually they have some retro character presented with each new game with the exception of 64, which is a retro as we can get with the franchise. So having the Duck Hunt God there would be totally excusable as I've heard from many people already.

In regards to Goku, that would be a silly choice, even from Nintendo. For starters, the popular Dragon Ball games are usually centered around Sony Playstation consoles, such as the Budokai games (which btw are some of the best games on the PS2). Admittedly there is a larger list of Gameboy games and Famicon games, but they aren't as big as as the PS2 era of DBZ games. Another point from this is DBZ, nor any other anime, made a MASSIVE impact with Nintendo's consoles. So choosing to add such a character in a game where it show cases popular or historical NINTENDO characters is impossible.

Edit: I intentionally put Duck Hunt God. Sue me.

They already have a random retro character who is basically a joke/troll: pacman. Classic megaman is retro as hell too.

They need to make a shounen jump allstars for any console/handheld, if you really want your anime character mix up brawler.

Goku was the only anime/manga based character I want to see in any mixup fight game. It's obvious they wouldn't choose anyone other than him. No gohan's or anything. I don't really like anime in general, but db was just... Different.

An all-stars for handheld is a great idea tho.

Here comes a new challenger!!!!

Pokken!!!

yeah... I don't see it comparing very well to the new smash game. Even the Forbes contributor who wrote this article about it was disappointed for a number of reasons: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/08/26/nintendo-reveals-pokemon-fighting-game-pokken-tournament/

And as a bonus, his analysis as to why Nintendo might not ever make a 'true' console pokemon game: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/01/09/why-wont-nintendo-make-a-pokemon-console-game/.

That's what he thinks, but I have a more simple answer that I think is closer to the truth- Nintendo has gotten stupid and sucks now.

So the game comes out on 3ds in Japan on September 13th, but will CoroCoro come out before then? Because it might ACTUALLY have the full roster this time (last time they said it would, but it was an outright lie), since the game's about to/already came out.

P.S. I love how in the leaked pics, Shulk and Duck Dunt's images have a vastly different art style from the rest of the fighters. Either this leak is obviously fake, or Nintendo did a very lazy and bad job. Considering how Sakurai is with his games, I'd sooner believe it's the former.

Edited by Eagleby18

Mael, I read your forbes articles and I don't agree with the guy 100%

I know you and I have been hating on Nintendo for a while, but ninty has been smart recently.

They have been hosting public Super Smash Bros events. They also made an appearance at e3, comicon, evo, gamescon, and soon PAX this weekend. Nintendo normally only goes to e3 and doesn't really do anything else. But ninty went to all of these cons and made a HUGE presence there. E3 attendees said that no matter where you were, you could hear the sound of people playing smash bros.

Nintendo also has been hosting Pokemon tournaments, #pacharisu4ubers.

I can see Nintendo doing more game tours for smash 4 and Pokken as well.

Ninty has also been thinking outside the box with games like Pokken, Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon, and Project Guard. Also keep in mind that most of the Developers who spend all of their time making Mario games are working on a new Star Fox. And the Mario kart 8 DLC is turning Mario kart into Super Smash Bros Kart or Mario and Nintendo All Stars Racing with it's Zelda, Animal Crossing, F-Zero, and Excitabike themed DLC.

Nintendo is finally stopped riding the bus and are actually making some smart decisions. Mael, you gotta give them that.

That's true, they've gotten better. And even the gamestop ceo knows it. It's in another Forbes article talking about how he's certain the wii u will make a comeback.

But that's cuz mario kart 8 alone skyrocketed sales. Still a very lonesome game atm.

And then he knows the hype that Smash is making, and he specifically mention the amiibos- which we've already agreed is that the amiibo will be such a huge moneymaking cash cow farm. *nods to skylanders and disney infinity*

And then yeah, Hyrule warriors and a few other games.

Still not many, but enough that nintendo will start making up for lost ground. It still won't be enough lure back many third party developers. There will still be a shitton of games that will port their games to every console BUT the wii u. Nintendo will have to do the vast majority of the work with its own IP's to make it a real success.

You mean do what they did during the GameCube era?

Also sakurai needs to post less pictures of the menu and announce either new characters of pictures of balance tweaks made to existing veterans. I find those interesting.

You mean do what they did during the GameCube era?

Also sakurai needs to post less pictures of the menu and announce either new characters of pictures of balance tweaks made to existing veterans. I find those interesting.

Yeah, too many pics of menus and bonus games; I remember those amusing pictures in the Smash Dojo that he took where he timed them right to make the characters look silly; I wish we could see some of those here.

Trust, me there are a ton of those haha

I just want more announcements and less show and tell. We have seen nothing but menus this week, and were are currently have 2 more pics for this week. Then 2 weeks until Japanese release.