Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

I too will get an opportunity to play the game, as Nintendo is at the Canadian National Exhibition along with Microsoft and Riot. You can't expect me to not relive my Melee days and spam the hell out of Mario, but I'll try as many characters as I can.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mayhaps, though the list of artists is irrelevant. There are composers that did work for Kingdom hearts, Devil may cry, and Chrono Trigger.

I doubt Sora, Dante, and Chrono would make it in frog>Crono

I'm sure Bowser and Yoshi are in most, if not all of the demo builds. Charizard would be a a stretch but the potential for added demo characters is there.

Also what is with your fascination of anything lizard/dragon? Not that it is important mind you.

Edit: Oh yeah, I need to ask anyone who is able to go to PAX. Can you QAC on Greninja? I forgot to do that when I played.

Oh, and if you don't know QAC, then look it up first.

Edited by The Radiant Aeon

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!!!

Shulk!
k2s6GmN.jpg
4w7E44w.png

Here is the Gameplay Trailer

On top of all that, His official character art Fits the leak...

main.png

Shulk hails from the JRPG hit, Xenoblade, which came out on the Wii.

BHQ5ouI.jpg

He Fights using the Minato, A legendary Sword that grants him the power to see the past and future.

2MNdbR6.png

Shulk using a Sword Arte.

Fun Fact, the leak claiming that the final new characters will be Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, the Chorus Kids, Ridley, Dixie Kong, Duck Hunt God, Dark Pit, and of course Shulk, claimed that shulk will have a neutral B special that changes his stats using Sword Arte. The leak also Claimed that there were 5 different Artes. The Trailer calls them; Jump, Speed, Shield, Buster, and Smash.

xiEfnR7.png

Like most JRPGs it involves a Teenager and his friends trying to either throw over a government or destroy God... or both!

Shulk's Final Smash I assume, though the weird animal thing on the right appears outside his final smash... Taunt maybe?

E9U7Ijp.png

Shulk's Alternate Costume used in a way that I approve of... Anyone that played XenoBlade can probably tell us where this costume is a reference from...

Edit: One of Today's new Pics of the day...

5VjUny8.png

Eagleby...The dlc characters that were confirmed fake were Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Snake, and Chorus Kids. The Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo, and Chorus Kid's rumor was never mentioned to be DLC, It that information also came out of a different person.

Season 1 Amiibo Figures, ~$12 a pop.

also:

Register Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U on Club Nintendo, get the Smash 4 OST :o

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

I told you guys the amiibos are gonna be nintendo's new cash cow. You buy just 5 characters out of that huge ass roster and it's already $60. Totally worth, but holy crap, that's like buying 2 games.

Edit: if Mewtwo returns and they fix all his numerous mistakes from melee... I will forgive nintendo for pacman, and metaknight, and all the other scrubs in the roster.

Amiibo wise, I want...

Fox, Shiek, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Zelda, Bowser, Lil' Mac, Falco, Ganon, Ridley, Samus, Link, Duck Hunt Dog, Charizard, and DK.

I am so ridiculously hyped for Shulk that it is not even funny anymore

anything else i was planning to main is completely swept out of the water now that he's here and also METAL FACE IS GOING TO BE A BOSS BATTLE LIKE I THOUGHT HE WOULD

Thank you, Sakurai.

I am so ridiculously hyped for Shulk that it is not even funny anymore

anything else i was planning to main is completely swept out of the water now that he's here and also METAL FACE IS GOING TO BE A BOSS BATTLE LIKE I THOUGHT HE WOULD

Thank you, Sakurai.

I CAN FINALLY TRASH HIM INTO UTTER PIECES ONCE AGAIN

YES

Anyways, from Shulk's trailer...is it just me or is his jab combo finisher a hard knockdown? Also, Riki and Dunban? Hell yeah!

Finally it is about DAMN TIME that a stance-change character was added to smash.

Edit: Oh and for my mains, at least from the leaked roster in order of what I'll use the most: Robin, Lucario, Bowser, Sheik, Shulk, Lucina, Greninja, Pikachu, Falco, Dr. Mario, Captain Falcon, and Fox.

Edited by The Radiant Aeon

All hail the Mash Potato Samurai, Fush did you see the 3DS Xenoblade game?

I have indeed, but whether i get it or not comes down to if I'm ever gonna have the money to buy the new 3ds model

also I approve of Riki and Dunban

now all we need is Reyn as an assist trophy for some classic REYN TIME

I have indeed, but whether i get it or not comes down to if I'm ever gonna have the money to buy the new 3ds model

also I approve of Riki and Dunban

now all we need is Reyn as an assist trophy for some classic REYN TIME

Yes! It's not even that difficult as to what he could do if you think about it! You could stand behind him and he'd block attacks for you =D

That rikki thing was announced to be XenoBlade's Trophy. Also regarding the Reyn/Shulk Time thing. When characters are put into the game, they sometimes borrow from characters in their own universe.

The most common example is Ness. He doesn't actually fight like Ness, he fights like a a wack job fusion of Ness, and his allies, Paula and Poo.

PK Fire and TK Thundah are both abilities that only Paula could learn. And Ness's Final Smash is Poo's ultimate move, PK Starstorm. A lot of Ness's physical attacks play homage to Poo as well.

Remember that Smash 4 Leak?

Remember how I mentioned that a Second Leak that came 2 weeks earlier than that leak Stated that on top of Shulk, Duck Hunt Dog, Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr, and Dark Pit, we will be getting Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Ridley, and Chorus Men.

What further proved the second leak was he info that came after it...

It Told us how Shulk, Duck Hunt, and Bowser Jr. would play...

Everything that the Leaker told us about them ended up being EXACT....

However... that wasn't all. He said that EVERY CHARACTER will have exactly 8 different alts...

That is a cool, but odd thing to mention....

Today's Pic of the day...

UnNX8Ca.png

cpP38rn.png

iPWD9Te.png

Soooooo.... When's Ridley?

Edit: The Leak in question...

c24iomb.png

Smashboards is blowing up as well...