Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

Oy Peoples! There is a patch you should Download asap,. You can DL it even though you don't have the game. It is live now and you cannot play online unless you DL the patch. You can find the patch on the 3DS eShop. It is on the main Menu.

In related news, Japan have us their official tier list. Keep in mind, tiers don't mean everything and Asians are some wierd mofos.

A.

Rosalina, Shiek, Yoshi.

Greninja, Zero Suit Samus.

B

Bowser, Lucario.

Fox, Sonic, Wario.

Duck Hunt Dog.

C.

Captain Falcon, Dark Pit, Diddy Kong, Lil' Mac, Pit.

Pac-Man, Peach, Villager.

Bowser Jr., Mario, Metaknight.

D.

DK, Marth, Pikachu, ROB, Toon Link.

Charizard, DDD, Dr. Mario, Game and Watch, Lucina.

Jigglypuff, Megaman, Olimar, Robin.

Falco, Link, Ness, Zelda.

E.

Ike, Kirby, Luigi, Samus, Shulk, Wii Fit.

Ganondorf, Palutena.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how do I do that?

I intended to main - Zero Suit Samus / Greninja / Rosalina / Meta Knight

3 in A-Tier... lol

I did main ZZS and Meta Knight in Brawl... so I wanted to continue that

and for the newcomers:

- Greninja (my trusty starter in X and he's a ninja...)

- Rosalina (that duo fighting style with Luma got me interested and Luma is just so friggin cute! ... I want a Luma-Plushie... )

and after playing Peach I'm surprised that she's not at least B-Tier... that Parasol-Spike is nasty!

Yoshi is tier A? Oh god...

I thought I met some terrifying Yoshis in project M and Brawl, but...

Well he did say that Yoshi is improved. And really I'd say Yoshi is easily one of the best, probably the most accurate description is "Fox x Bowser." (No fanart pls) Obviously we are going to see rise and falls, and (hopefully) patches to the game. There have been cases where a character was considered good on initial release (e.g. Melee Zelda, Wesker, T-Hawk) and lower-mid or higher-mid characters getting substantial raises in popularity after powerful with them is discovered (e.g Morrigan, Jigglypuff, Season 1 Sabrewulf). And with players like Nairo on Robin/Zelda, False on Falco, Nakat with x characters, and many more dedicated players, the scene WILL be changing constantly. And I certainly want to hear "FIVE MORE YEARS" down the line.

Now that the game is out, who have you been playing? Who is your favorite? I am having trouble picking a main and here are some of my favs...

Characters I am really good at...

Fox

Shiek

Lil' Mac

Yoshi

Bowser

Robin

Sonic

Megaman

Samus

Charizard

Lucario

Greninja

And a list of characters I sometimes use that I am decent with...

Mario

Dr. Mario

Rosalina

Donkey Kong

Ike

Lucina

Duck Hunt Dog

Shulk

Ness

Pac-Man

Link

Pikachu

Olimar

Wii Fit Trainer

I totally get why Japan thinks Yoshi is top tier, he is the best at approaching people when he is trying to rush people down. I am also getting pretty decent with lil' mac. I am actually a bit shocked by how much I am enjoying Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, and Sonic. They are fan-fucking-tastic and hella good characters.

I love playing Robin, but he/she is a bit Hit and Miss for me. Some characters he absolutely destroys like DK and Bowser, and some he is Okay against. Fox feels good, but Shiek, Samus, and Bowser are all absurdly good. I also still enjoy Megaman Surprisingly. As for the remaining Roster, I rather Enjoy Ness, Pikachu, Rosalina, and Shulk all hella fun. But I am not as confident in my skills with them nor enjoy them as much as the previously mentioned characters. I can see myself growing crazy good at some these characters with enough Practice. I can see myself Maining Sonic, Shiek, Lil' Mac, Lucario, Charizard, Samus, Bowser, and Yoshi.

Yoshi play's like a dream. He can go in, hit things, and get out reasonably well. His aerial control/combat is outstanding as well.

Charizard is currently my big main and 75% of my game time is with it. His aerials seem to be his big launch powers, but his side smash also kills things reliably. Flare Blitz is a move that I really like to use, well its custom variant, Blast Burn.

Wario's animations are so much smoother now, he did receive a nerf in the form of his side smash in that he no longer has an invincibility frame when executing it. His fart animations are hilarious.

Bowser is now much more enjoyable to play. Faster, and able to keep slamming enemies while having a decent chance of recovering from launches.

I have so far spent

We all know how much I love Robin. He has excellent spacing, safe moves in F-air and D-tilt, a unique character trait, and...he can kill by chucking spell books at people.

As for anyone else, I particularly enjoy Lucario and Dark Pit. Lucario got super buffed with his godly range and really good at all stages of the fight. Also, Dark Pit is just so satisfying, which can go the same as Pit, but Dark Pit has that "omph" in his attacks.

Fox is definitely a lot better than I thought. Probably the first game I use Fox over Falco. Greninja has safety in Water Shurikens, utility in Hydro Pump, and excellent hitboxes on his normals. So really a jack of all trades. Meta Knight is not as god in this game, but he still has good shit like his F-Air spike to D-tilts to whatever combo.

Other characters I find myself using a lot: Bowser, Sheik, ZSS, Captain Falcon, Lucina. Lucina in particular over Marth is only based on one thing.

fkxQHxC.png

Gotten really solid with Shulk and Robin, and Ike's still as ridiculously smash-tastic as ever. Game's great and solid in general so far, even if a couple of the secret character choices are... questionable.

Trying to do good with Lucina, Greninja and a couple of others to name aswell. There's a lot more characters here I like playing than in previous installments.

Greninja's Shadow Sneak is fun to play with. He also sounds a lot like a Digimon XD

As for Fox, I think I will enjoy him more on the Wii U version or on the New 3DS because I need a C-Stck to play him properly, I might enjoy Robin more with a Gamecube Controller as well. I keep accidentally putting away the Levin Sword. I love Arc Thunder and Arc Fire. They allow Combos and Frame traps that are awesome and set up easy kills.

I also have been wrecking a ton of people with Charizard and Greninja, they are so damn good >>

Also, isn't that Lucina skin based off of Cherche?

I think it is awesome how all the different Lucina recolors are based off of different FE:A girls

I'm maining Ike and Shulk. I'm not all that good with either of them, but I love both of them in both Smash and their own games, so I really wanna learn to use them well so I can do them some justice. I feel like not too many will use either of them because they're slow. They're both pretty good I think though, I don't care what the tier list says. No biased.

Palutena is the bottom of the tier list though? When she has a reflect barrier and that crazy high up smash? I'm inclined not to believe it now.

Palutena isn't that hard to fight. You can run through the barrier no problem or trick her into pulling it out. Her up smash is really easy to avoid too.

As for shulk. My best advice is learn what his Monado Arts do and learn how to use them properly. All 5 are really good.

Greninja's Shadow Sneak is fun to play with. He also sounds a lot like a Digimon XD

As for Fox, I think I will enjoy him more on the Wii U version or on the New 3DS because I need a C-Stck to play him properly, I might enjoy Robin more with a Gamecube Controller as well. I keep accidentally putting away the Levin Sword. I love Arc Thunder and Arc Fire. They allow Combos and Frame traps that are awesome and set up easy kills

... there's techincally no "putting away" the Levin Sword? Regardless of whether it's in your hand or not, the Levin Sword will always be used when you're smashing nd the bronze will always be used when you're tilting. Whether you're holding it in your hand or have it hidden makes no difference; only when you dump it due to overuse does it disappear for a brief period.

No, it disappears and I get stuck smashing with the Bronze sword, it pisses me off. I like to Arc Thunder or Arc Fire and Levin sword or Nosferatu when they are locked in place. Maybe it is a timed thingmajig.

As for charizard's Flare Blitz. Only use it when the opponent is wide open, If the opponent is trying to recover or do something questionable, I prefer using Rock smash.... though the circle pad will confuse my down b for a side B sometimes... yaaaaa I hate that....

No, it disappears and I get stuck smashing with the Bronze sword, it pisses me off. I like to Arc Thunder or Arc Fire and Levin sword or Nosferatu when they are locked in place. Maybe it is a timed thingmajig.

...no, it disappears when it runs out of uses and reappears shortly afterwards. There's no timing to it.

Odd, maybe I need to change up my style with him. Because I pull it out to have it out, Then when I stun people and try to smash attack them, I get the Bronze Sword... despite only using the Levin sword once.

edit: just tested it, The Levin sword disappears when you cast a spell. Okay, now I know, it doesn't disappear, it just unequips.