Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So! Update regarding the levin sword and mechanics regarding it when it comes to Robin; protips for Robin players here.

There are two ways to use the Levin Sword in the air while you have it equipped; first is by smash attacking in the air, and the second is by already holding it in your hand prior (you were partly right, Godot), if you used it for a smash attack on the ground or already used it in the air. If you want to switch back to the bronze sword in the air, either perform a neutral air or a tilt/jab on the ground with it, which'll make you be holding it again; this'll make your tilt air attacks become the bronze sword again until you use one of the methods to use the Levin Sword in the air again. Of course, if you've thrown away the Levin Sword temporarily due to being out of uses, you'll be using the bronze sword in the air even if you smash in the air.

Shame the circle pad decides to think your tilt is a smash on occasion.

As a disclaimer, it's still really hard for me to confirm this; when I switch back to the bronze sword, it still sometimes turns Levin on me even if I only tilt in the air. This shit is complicated.

I'm honestly still rather fresh to this game (inuki can attest to that) however I was able to get some steady wins on For Glory. And I was able to adjust to the game and made a few personal adjustments. First of all I am now using Robin, Lucario, and Pit over Dark Pit. I was able to get used to Lucario's rushdown game over his spacing game overall. Finally I'm adjusting towards not using rolls as often and punishing enemy rolls. Once I get more time into the game, I may turn to be a decent player at this game. Otherwise, Christmas Smash Bros Bonanza.

im still loving the fact that ganon can still kill from suuuuper low percents. ive found that depending on where you are on the stage, up smash seems to kill at around 60%

To name a few more, Bowser and Little Mac.

Seriously though, I feel like they buffed Bowser a liiiiiiittle too much. Surprisingly fast dash speeds combined with game ender koopa claw, upgraded smash attacks and air options and even some ranged harass; not that he doesn't have his flaws, but jesus, he's a monster.

As I keep saying, you gotta play it smart. I have destroyed many bowsers. As for lil Mac. I am a bit mixed on him.

To further touch on the Levin Sword thing, Robin puts it away when he casts spells as well.

Bowser can deal with basic Projectile spam, but heavy intelligent projectile spam completely screws with him. I have wrecked tons of Bowsers with Robin, Samus, and Megaman.

As for everyone else. Most of bowser's attacks have a long cool down rate of recovery time. And if you are patient, he will creat tons of openings.

lol Mac can't recover for shit and can get stage gimped really easily. Lil Mac players are also super cautious and contantly try to play it safe.. Be clever and fuck with the player's head a bit. I am a bit weird because when I play Mac I jump... Like a lot.... And it works XD

lil mac is probably ganon's worst matchup afaik. ganon has a LOT of lag on his moves so if he misses anything, he is easily punishable. lil mac is by far the best character at punishing mistakes. any time i see a little mac (which is like 3/5 matches) i know im going to lose no matter how hard i try.

So I'm still kicking ass a lot with Shulk in 1v1 Glory but unfortunately I seem to have developed the occasional love for stancing Jump and Back Slashing from a thousand miles above

it works as long as I do some mixing up thankfully so I'm not complaining

For glory confirmed that sheik is still a relentless bitch. I was using gannon for fun and first match is with a sheik main. Lose.

Rematch with Ike- Win. Kept punishing his rushdown with counter and quick draw.

Rematch with DK- Win. I definitely almost lost this one. I was at about 40% on my last life when he started his last stock. Get punished for being big and slow for a bit, get a grab and toss him off the stage- perfectly land his tilt-air for a spike finish.

Anybody know how to share replays?

My characters so far- Ike, DK, Gannon.

For fun- Lucina, Robin, Villager, Lil Mac, Greninja, Charizard, Lucario

Who I want to work on- Lil Mac, Lucario

Oh, and my smash rating for DK and Gannon in Smash Run is over 1 million.

So far I've been maining Rosalina & using ROB, Zelda, Peach, Shulk, Dr.Stylish,(Dr.Mario, I just call him stylish), Palutena, some Dark Pit, & Robin along with some Mii's. I'd love to use Greninja, however I keep accidently using side B when I want to use up B EVERY time, so I'm gonna wait till the WiiU version comes out to use him.=/

Mael, Fite scrub.

Also I discovered some tech for all of my mains and wanna test it on someone later. Another not on Robin's Levin Sword. It disappears after 8-9 seconds of unusage.

And every thing Levin Sword Flavored kills anyone above 100%. That is not counting the reduced knock back caused by the Arc Spells.

It also got legit confirmed that the wii u version is officially releasing November 21st.

Set 2 of the amiibos come out December and feature Zelda, Diddy, Luigi, Lil' Mac, Captain Falcon and pit.

Just faced a good Greninja, holy jesus; he can spam mini shurikens at you until you take an aerial approach, and he has superb jumps and combo attacks in the air to avoid that; kill potential's definetely a problem for him, but he can hydro pump ( up B ) while you're trying to recover back up and just blow you away from ever getting back on, provided you're not Kirby or Jigglypuff. His other special tools work great for his slipperiness aswell.

Been playing as Shulk against him, switching up stances to see which works well against his approach, but still struggling; any suggestions for the future?

Purple, blue, and green. Avoid yellow.

In my personal experiences, I found that everyone has their own way of dealing with projectile spam. If I was Shulk, I would pick blue or purple and short hop over the shurikents and nair or fair the opponent. It would put Greninja at a bit of a disadvantage. Greninja also has crappy range so take advantage of it. If he has you at high percentages and is trying to kill you, use your green stance. It makes recovery rediculously easy. And if he is on the ropes and at kill percent, switch to red and finish him off.

Purple, blue, and green. Avoid yellow.

In my personal experiences, I found that everyone has their own way of dealing with projectile spam. If I was Shulk, I would pick blue or purple and short hop over the shurikents and nair or fair the opponent. It would put Greninja at a bit of a disadvantage. Greninja also has crappy range so take advantage of it. If he has you at high percentages and is trying to kill you, use your green stance. It makes recovery rediculously easy. And if he is on the ropes and at kill percent, switch to red and finish him off.

y'know there's this time every so often that I just completely forget that jump can be used for recovery

That aside, I'd argue shurikens are far too fast to short hop over unless your timing is godlike, but yeah, nairing/fairing in is pretty much what I've been doing for approach aside from the occasional back slash mixup. Actually remembering to use jump should help me with those recovery denials though, which have honestly been 75% of the reason why Greninja's frustrated me so much

Out of all the newcomers I haven't tried out Lil.Mac yet or even fought against him on For Glory yet, mostly I just see Bowser's, Lucina's, & Marth's, sometimes Sheik's & Greninja's. I guess I should try him out at least once.

Try toying with different attacks that your character has. Or go into training mode and mess around with your attacks. Try to learn how they launch the opponent. And mess with the percentage and alternate between having your training dummy, my favorite is mario, stand and jump.

Some attacks gain new properties when your opponent's percentage is high. Also remember, your knock back gets higher and higher as your percentage goes up.