Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

I don't remember how much I recieved for the conquest. I was on team Megaman on the first one and didn't get shit because Mario won 60:40

Second one I had quite a few points due to me being a Bowser main. I think I scored ~14 points and Bowser won like 70:30. I got an equipment piece and some smash coins. I have yet to play for glory since the last conquest. Every time I played smash since then, it was with you losers.

I believe The current conquest mode is Brawlers, Gunners, and Swordwielders. I play a lot of Lil' Mac, Fox, and Samus, so let's see how this conquest matches up for me.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good job, scrub. now you will be aligned with those losers and the brawlers will make you pay. And you will get lame prizes, if any at all. =P

I have no idea what determines how long you are allowed to contribute each day nor how exactly you score individual points for your team. After a brief stint today where it stopped wanting to match me with people because DK makes people rage quit especially when I land his forward aerial meteor smash... I only went up 4 more points.

Roo! you never added me you European scrub! My FC is in my sig, or are you afraid to take me on 1 on 1. I know Mael and Kaito certainly are. So I wouldn't be surprised if you felt the same.

Roo! you never added me you European scrub! My FC is in my sig, or are you afraid to take me on 1 on 1. I know Mael and Kaito certainly are. So I wouldn't be surprised if you felt the same.

pls I dunked mael into the galaxy and i can certainly dunk you too

added

Speaking of which, I drop kicked one with bowser and Shulk did 46% to me... wtf?

I keep getting bad luck with For Glory recently, I keep getting matched up with ridiculously good people. Including legit pro smash players ><

Been practicing my Dodge-Cancels for a while now. So far I only have have success on Bowser's Side B and Fire, Link's Spin attack, Fox's jab and reflector, and some cheesy Nosferatu grabs from Robin (and ArcFire(btw I hate it when people say Elfire). Gonna see if I can do it with Marth, Ness, or MK.

Dodge cancel? Did something get discovered in the meta that I missed?

Essentially, an air dodge gives you huge landing lag, but most aerial attacks have fast recovery. At a specific timing, and at a proper distance, you can sneak in an aerial right before landing, get insanely less landing lag, and follow up appropriately. It's not as broken as it sounds, mind you, and it takes time to get used to. But imagine how powerful of an approaching tool this can be, especially with characters with command grabs.

Edit: Oh, and Little Mac is the only character that doesn't need to cancel a move because an air dodge itself gives him little lag, while aerials, besides his specials, gives him more. And Rosalina is physically impossible due to her extremely low weight.

Edited by The Radiant Aeon

So Nintendo did some BIG Smash WiiU announcements, here's some of the highlights

• MEWTWO HAS BEEN CONFIRMED FOR A FUTURE DLC CHARACTER FOR OWNERS OF BOTH VERSIONS COMING IN SPRING 2015
  • Coin, and Special battles are in the WiiU version
  • Stage music frequency returns so you can adjust which songs play on their stages. There are at least 3 times as much sound track in the WiiU version than the 3DS version.
  • EIGHT PLAYER LOCAL SMASH MATCHES which take place on MASSIVE stages, Hyrule Temple from SSBM confirmed as well
  • The Great Cave Offensive from Kirby's universe is one of these massive stages.
  • Unfortunately, Ridley is a stage hazard/assist for the Wii U Pyrosphere stage, effectively meaning that he is NOT going to be playable character
  • Wii U Classic Mode is completely different from any other classic mode, you take on vast hoards of opponents and move on based on how well you play. Two player is confirmed in this mode. Master Hand is battled at the end of Classic Mode, as usual.
  • Master Core gets a "Master Fortress" form. Basically a big maze where you have to locate and kill a red spot. The 3 forms have been offically named as well being Master Giant, Master Beast, and finally, Master Edges. inb4edgecomeson
  • Master Hand and Crazy Hand have a new mode called "Special Orders" with special battle conditions such as stock, stamina and the likes along with player conditions like reflect, rocket belts, and more. Rewards are based on difficulty for Master Hand. Crazy Hand is a survival mode where you try to beat as many chaotic challenges as possible under a time limit. Once you've had enough, you can end the mode by directly battling Crazy Hand itself.
  • A new mode called Smash Tour makes a debut, four players Miis wander around a board game map collecting fighters and stat buffs. When either meet, all face off and the winner takes some of the fighters from the losers. Events and Items are in allowing for near Mario Party level of trolling to occur with opponets.
  • All-Star mode is unchanged, except you face newer fighters first, eventually rolling down to the retro characters. Two player Confirmed.
  • Stage Builder is returning, and you can share stages across the world.
  • At least 33 total stages confirmed and many return from brawl and melee.
Edited by Noivy

So I see this thread isn't exploding that MEWTWO'S CONFIRMED FOR THIS GAME.

Remember those dumb rumors that you could download Mewtwo, Solid Snake, Ridley, Goku, the Chorus whatevers, your mom, and Bob the Builder when you buy both the Wii U version and 3ds version? They were right- about only one of those characters. Also, you need a Club Nintendo subscription where you register both games to get the download.

If you want him, but not badly enough to buy both versions, he can also be downloaded for some undetermined amount of money. I'm guessing 5 bucks.

Edited by Eagleby18

I haven't lost hope for ridley yet B)

Lrn ur Metroid canon scrubs.

the ridley samus fought in the pyropshere was a clone of the original.

The real ridley is dead... So is ganondorf... And bowser... And peach... And link!:o

You just know that in the future there will be a Project-M-like hack where you can control the Ridley NPC. And then realize that his size makes him almost unplayable on normal sized stages (the one he appears in is a larger one) and completely unplayable in the stages with enclosed spaces, like the Kirby one with all the tunnels.

Edited by Eagleby18

Project M is already making ridley. Also. Character size is almost never canon.

Fun fact. Realisticly, lil Mac is the same size as Charizard!

Also, toon link appears on a stage and is playable.

If someone is playing as him, he simply just doesn't show up.

All the hype. I'm really beginning to feel that Smash alone really IS worth getting a Wii U for. Plus getting games like MK8 and virtual console Earthbound retroactively will help too.

Of course, they save the best announcement for last- Mewtwo!.