Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like I had better brush up on my Falco.

For falcon and ganon, they lean back while charging a side smash, making it possible to dodge an attack and retaliate when they release. A good time to try is when someone is trying to meteor smash you and they aren't entirely centered on your position.

I've tried this with both characters. On Falcon I still prefer to Back Pivot into a Raptor Boost and for a combo and/or finisher in the air. Remember that Raptor Boost also has a slight backward step.
I guess it's a good idea with Ganondorf because any time you can get in that hard a wallop is a bonus to me. I dunno, I don't play Ganon very much. Like the Raptor Boost, the Flame Choke (Ganon's side B, of course) also has a step back, which is cool.

• 3 weeks later...

A big smash Tour just happened... Here are the winner's characters...

1st Luigi

2nd Shiek

3rd Diddy

4th Diddy

5th Greninja

6th ROB

7th Shiek

7th Shiek

9th Diddy

9th Fox

9th Pac-Man

9th uncredited

13th Link

13th Shiek

13th Diddy

13th uncredited, but the player is a well known Donkey Kong player

>>. The trick is getting a foe up to that damage. And does it work against other characters besides donkey kong? I mean, I'm sure they used him cuz his big hitbox makes it easier to land it all.

tanget- what remix/arrangement of that DK track is he using at the end of the video?

The salt is real

for real I understand their power but they're not making the same gap from the other characters as meta knight did in brawl

i mean, half the reason's diddy's so powerful is because of that upair launch anyway and shiek's still lacking in the kill move department

might not be deathblowing flaws but it's more of a bind than any problem meta had in brawl

I don't feel sheik is lacking in kill moves at all. But then, maybe that's just the way godot plays her that gives her more kill potential. *shrug*

Sheik's Down B has a deceptively low KO minimum.

Also, the local Smash tournaments where I live are banning ZSS and Diddy but not Sheik...

There weren't very many Sheiks anyway, and she didn't see play in the Finals or Semifinals. First place played mainly Mario while second place stuck to either Marth or Yoshi.

Fight my shiek and you would see why I intend on banning her...

@roo I am not salty because of shiek, I am the one who makes people salty. I feel dirty when I play her.

Fight my shiek and you would see why I intend on banning her...

I don't have much of a problem with her.

Other people seem to have an issue with Sheik however. I guess that's just me. Here's a video of some poor sucker getting violated by Sheik...

If you check back on a previous page, you would see that a Luigi player just won a Major Tour where a ton of really good players attended.

Yeah I noticed. I thought that was just a one-off but nope Luigi's been popping up all over the place.

Nope... but Nintendo really wants my money. That Majora's Mask 3DS that I totally predicted as well as the new line of Amiibos are must haves... damn it nintendo... I would like to keep my money.... but you make it so haaaaard.... and what's that? you have a new fire emblem in the works too? and Monster Hunter 4 comes out the same day as Majora's mask.... I hate you...

Next line of Smash bros amiibos are Lucina, Robin, Ness, Wario,Pac-Man, and Charizard. They are also bringing the Marth amiibo back incase you missed him.

And fush. I am down for showing you what I mean I will open a lobby right now .