Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

You see why I don't miss melee and its host of techs??

Not quite the same thing... but I suppose I get the point. Also, while many Melee techs were not intended, a lot of them were discovered before the game's release and purposely kept in, according to some interviews with its developers.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps "a lot" was the wrong phrase for me to use... Anyway, DACUS isn't even a Melee tech, and I don't know what space jumping is. :wacko: But like you said, wavedashing was discovered and kept, and the parts of the SHFFL were all completely intentional to begin with (Though I don't think the developers expected it to become what it did.). Those are the main techs that make the game more fun than its sequels for me personally.

For me it goes

Sm4sh>P:M>Melee>playstationallstars>brawl>64

As for DACUS, I was confused because it is in Project m.

And by SHFFL, do you mean Short Hop, Fair, Fair, L-Cancel?

That was never a problem nor removed.

Edit: well L-canceling is gone, but for good reasons. They also tweaked fair-fair to be Short Hop -> Fair -> Jump Cancel -> Fair

Edit 2: to avoid double posting: here is a video about how Godot does godot things and how to use online lag to piss him off!

SHFFL is Short Hop, Fast Fall, L-Cancel. You generally attack before the fast fall or during it. It's the technique that is primarily what makes Melee/Project M so fast, along with wavedashing. The removal of L-cancelling kind of shot down that tech for future games, to the point where fast-falling isn't necessarily the best option after a jump anymore.

And by SHFFL, do you mean Short Hop, Fair, Fair, L-Cancel?

On the note of fair, fair though... they removed Marth's Short hop double fair. That might be the thing that pissed me off the most about Smash 4... It makes maining Marth a lot less fun.

Anyway, my order is probably:

Melee/Project M (I have a hard time picking one over the other. Melee stills feels a little more smooth tech-wise, but I love the characters and skins in Project M.)

Smash 4

Smash 64

Brawl

So I still think Smash 4 is good. It just has a few little things that irk me...

those games were pissing me off, I wasn't in the mood to FFA, I wanted to practice some stuff, but still haven't been given the opportunity to get to.

Hit me up tonight dude, I'll be online

Also i look like a tool in that vid lol. My DK is way too defensive. (I was the pink one, Mael messed up and said it was Jory but nope twas I. Godot was of course the Robin)

Hit me up tonight dude, I'll be online

Also i look like a tool in that vid lol. My DK is way too defensive. (I was the pink one.)

As an experienced DK, it's easier for me to pick apart those who haven't played as DK nearly as much. That's all.

We'll be on wiiu tonight though

This is still as lively as ever, if only I found this a bit sooner... I just finished playing smash on the wii u :\ However I can always add FCs to play on the 3DS and isn't hard to figure out who my main is ^_^

This is still as lively as ever, if only I found this a bit sooner... I just finished playing smash on the wii u :\ However I can always add FCs to play on the 3DS and isn't hard to figure out who my main is ^_^

PIKACHU!!!!

@Bowser

Maelstrom= Soulnado

Me= DominusWolf

Played some For Glory after playing against Mael tonight... Recorded my replays like a scrub!

If you are interested in watching me play For Glory, Click the Spoilers below.

Random Match against a Random Kirby Player. Using Robin.

This Villager player was pretty hella good, he had an even better Diddy. I didn't record the match because I SD'd my 2nd stock ><

Satan doing his dirty work.

If I didn't DI properly at the end, I could have lost >< Practicing with Megaman.

Local Smash tournament today run by a couple of fellows, somewhat small but for those interested, these are the characters used by the top 8 in the tournament:

1. Shulk

2. Fox / Sheik

3. Ganondorf / Marth

4. Rosalina / ZSS

5. ZSS

6. Sheik / Captain Falcon

7. Sonic / Sheik

8. Little Mac / Sheik

Last one I went to it was;

1. C. Falcon/Mario

2. Pac-Man

3. R.O.B.

Also, there is a 1.0.5 patch for the 3DS right now. It adds Amiibo Support and some new share feature.

That new Share feature is a feature that allows you to send replays, snapshots and Mii Fighters to your friends as well as anyone via SpotPass!

Sending content
This is pretty easy. First, you will need to log into Nintendo Network via the game.

1. Select "Share".
  2. Select "Send".
  3. Choose whether you wish to send a Replay, Snapshot or a Mii Fighter.
  4. You will be taken to the respective menu to select your item(s) to send (and name them too).
  5. once you have confirmed your choice, you can choose whether to Send to Friends, Post (send to anyone globally), or Post to Miiverse (New Nintendo 3DS only).

Receiving good stuff

Once you've sent some content to either your friends or anyone around the world, you can receive what's been sent to you by friends or people globally (these will come via SpotPass).

• Works pretty much the same as Send at first. Choose whether you want to view Replays, Snapshots or Mii Fighters.
  • Then choose whether you want to see stuff sent by anyone, your friends or even yourself. Replays and Mii Fighters will have more item-specific search criteria.
  • Once you've chosen, the search will begin. It takes a few seconds so hang tight.
  • When in the menu, you can scroll down the list of things you can save to your 3DS. You will not be able to view them then and there, but you can view them later in the Games & More section.

So there you have it. Sharing replays is now a thing, Mael.

I also heard that some recently found exploits, bugs, and glitches were removed from the game. so currently existing Replays are erased since this is akin to a Balance Patch. Ninty seems to be rolling out more version updates recently. A few weeks ago the Wii U version got an update adding more playable stages to 8 player smash... 2 of them I want playable in regular smash ><

Pyro Sphere without hazards and Pokemon stadium without Transitions!?! Why can I no haz?

I am, I also brought it up to my local smash community. There is a Transitionless Pokemon Stadium Stage in Project M and it is like the most popular competitive stage.