Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a-ok yo. I had other things on my plate, as it turns out.

On a side note, I've been doing a lot of creeping around and noticing noticing in a lot of people's Smash 4 tier lists that Captain Falcon has risen in favor in the eyes of many Smash players (so far as even top tier in some cases). As expected, Link has been climbing as well...and as Mew2King called it, seems Sheik has now risen above Diddy Kong in a lot of cases to take number 1 on many tier lists.

Who do you guys think belongs in the top five? Any sleepers to share? Overrated garbage?

EDIT: Evo 2015 Has Announced They Will Allow Custom Characters

http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-evo-2015-ruleset-updated-customs-on.391923/

Lucario is another character that has risen in the ranks alongside Captain Falcon.

My personal top five is Sheik, Diddy, ZSS, Yoshi, Rosalina. After that it's a toss up between Sonic, C Falcon, Pikachu, Villager, Link, Lucario and Shulk

I find your guy's Lack of ROB and Greninja disturbing.

@Mael, you are just Jealous of my style B)

And Despite some connections being good, lag still exists. That is why I cannot play Fox online like... at all. I have difficulty doing Yoshi's Egg and Mega Man's Metal Blade shenanigans online.

And the only exploitative thing I do is Fox's Jab Combos... which don't work online ><

falcon has a ridiculous grab range.

it's only his dash-grab, for the most part. His standard grab range is almost as bad as Lucina/Little Mac.

My balance concern regarding Falcon is how easy it is to combo into the Knee beyond 70%. Down throw, dash attack, and especially the down air with the massive hitstun, all make a follow up knee very easy to land, not to mention its 85% KO minimum which in this game is on par with his Falcon Punch.

I know/see. Several ROB mains, it annoys the hell out of me, I hate that Toy that no one bought. In the end I am just bitter and salty from losing to it so many damn times.

Long-time Marth main here... Though sadly I think I'm going to end up maining somebody else in Smash 4. Marth is just not what he used to be. Likely replacements are Palutena, Ike, Sheik, Meta Knight, or Kirby. I'm thinking it'll probably be Palutena or Ike as they're the ones who most "clicked" with me.

On a related note, I finally bought this game for Wii U this weekend. All I have to say is that Gamecube control > 3DS by far. (Obviously)

I have no Wii U yet, but I have a 3DS. Mine is an oldie too, and I've got my eyes set on the new 3DS soon. That "c-stick" will also improve my gameplay a lot too. Another question; I assume everyone plays competitively here too, right? If not the case, I wouldn't care, I can play the game both ways.