Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

Speaking of competitive, I am considering switching mains to Lucario because he is like little Mac with less risk and more reward.

I am also practicing Megaman, Yoshi, and Fox. Practicing tricks Witt Mega, Better zoning and approuch with Yoshi, and the super technical combo things with fox.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have any issues whatsoever vs ZSS as Falco, and am able to beat a lot of them with Captain Falcon. Sheik, on the other hand...

I've started to smack Diddy players around with Falco. Strangely some people consider Falco bottom-tier. He does pretty well vs a lot of the top fighters though.

Well dumb data transfer is dumb and I have to re-unlock everything from scratch for my smash 3DS. Also, the nub is terribly placed for use as a quick smash attack method. It's just bad. And with the size and should button differences, it feels like relearning the 3DS controls for the game. I am not happy.

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken a liking to Captain Ganon lately. It's really fun reading rolls and landing 4 choke slams in a row.

Was playing Smash U today with a few people. After 3 of the people playing had to leave (myself included), the last guy, who was continually getting completely rekt, joined the Melee players saying that he wanted to play "a real game." I actually said "Just because you're bad doesn't mean the game is bad." The rest of the people there said that them's fighting words and wanted to see a money match.

after extensive testing (2 games) i have realized that luigi has bad matchups vs heavier characters bc d-throw > nair doesnt start to kill until ~160%. i could try d-throw > up-b but the sweet spot is p hard to hit on a 3ds imo. might try later this week when i play smash u w/ a few people

ive come back with more results. sweet spot is indeed easier to hit on larger characters but not necessarily heavier characters. wario, rob, and bowser jr are a bitch and a half to kill due to smaller hitboxes as heavy characters. ive also found that luigi also has a very tough time vs floaty characters like rosalina and jiggs since they bounce higher off of dthrow than luigi can jump (<100%) although ive found that just wailing on them with fair seems to do a good job in racking up % vs them. another thing ive noticed is that luigi feels like he has a great off stage game compared to most of the characters ive played

@Jelly,

Sounds like you are really reliant on a specific combo or strategy. From what I remember correctly, Luigi is pretty good in the air. I am pretty sure a solid Back Air would wreck Rosie or Jiggs