Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really don't understand why fighting games take out characters in general. It's not like Smash would be massively overloaded anyway. There are plenty of fighting games with similar amounts of characters or even more. It's just frustrating to spend so much time learning a character only to have them taken from you in the sequel.

That is why I am really really hesitant about getting better with Mega Man... will he be in the next game? Hell if I know.

I was hella disappointed when Venom didn't make the cut in MvC3 when he was in 1 and 2 :(

I heard several people say "his Symbiote attacks are difficult to animate like how they did in 2D"

Megaman is an odd case for 2 reasons

1. He's third-party, which means his appearance relies on his company's cooperation, permission, etc.

2 (which ties into 1). He's owned by Capcom, and they seem to hate MM after Inafune left.

Will he stay or will he go? No one knows.

I started playing Luigi in PM. He's really fun.

My bet's on Mega Man returning. He's no Snake or Wolf or anything.

The characters from Smash 4 that (imo) are most likely not returning in a future Smash game are Lucina, Wii Fit Trainer, and Shulk

Hades is the main villain of Kid Icarus Uprising.

To be fair, although I don't see him getting in over other characters, he was probably more deserving of a spot than Dark Pit was.

If there's another DLC character after Mewtwo (Sakurai said in December that nothing was planned) it seems that other Smash veterans such as Wolf and the Ice Climbers would be frontrunners, but there have been a few names tossed around by fans. My personal most desired DLC characters (other than the two mentioned above) are

• Hector has a lot of potential for Smash, being a reckless axe-swinging badass. Kinda like a more ground-focused Ike.
  • Crash hasn't got any real recognition in the Nintendo world but I feel like he'd make a fun as hell Smash character with his spins and maybe even some Nitro.
  • Mumkhar is already in the game but if he was playable I would main him all day long. Seriously. Fast fighter with claws and a mastery of BM would be epic.

We will have to see though.

You mean Sakurai's style? Have you not seen the DLC for Fire Emblem, Mario Golf, Mario Kart 8, or Hyrule Warriors?

I get the feeling that Wolf and Lucas might be DLC and that we may get a couple suprise characters. My predictions are reps from Rhythem Heaven and Splatoon.

Despite the fact that I would love to see Isaac from golden sun or Ray MK from Custom Robo.

As for "has a good chance". I can see Bandana Dee from the Kirby series being considered as well as Wonder Red or Bayonetta from Platinum Games as a "semi third party" rep. Shovel Knight would also be cool.

Edit: Part of this was directed at Mael and Shanco, general guy had to steal my custom Robo thunder, didn't he? >=P

I'd personally like to see Medusa over Hades as far as Kid Icarus is concerned, though that's not likely to happen. I'm really hoping Navarre from the original Fire Emblem will work his way in someday, though with the age of that game, the fact that we already have Marth, and his place as a side-character, it's unfortunately extremely unlikely that he'll make it. :/ I do think it would be interesting if they introduced a Fire Emblem character based on a particular class though. For example, they could introduce a Myrmidon character, whose recolors would be the most prominent Myrmidons from the Fire Emblem games, such as Navarre, Lon' qu, etc. It'd be an easy way to fit in a lot of fan favorites.

I love how people label Lucario, Wolf, and Lucas as Mewtwo, Fox, and Ness clones when they only share specials. Every single normal Attack is entirely different.

I've been playing SSB for years, dating back to SSB: Melee. When I found out it was coming to 3ds... I crapped ALL OVER myself. SSB, but mobile? As in... I can take it wherever I want...? I almost had a heart attack... of course I'm only 14 and get excited easily, but WHO CARES?! Cause freak, SSB MOBILE!!!!!! So after I got it, I wouldn't put it down, and after a week, my parents be trippin balls... so that's the story of how I had my 3ds taken away for a week... thanks a lot, Fox News. Broadcasting news about gamers gone crazy... Columbine my butt... f*** that.... Oh, and Foxator, they look kinda the same, and they both share that kinda quiet-but-I-can-kill-you aura. And they can both use psychic attacks. Honestly, I think Lucario should've been three types: Fighting, Psychic, AND Steel... even though it's OP, it's fitting.

Edited by TheIronButtcheek

Looking at things techniquely, It makes sense why Lucario is a Fighting type... But not steel...

And people only think Dark or Psychic due to how the game depicts him. However there is a lot more to the character than I am able to explain at this given moment.