Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

managed to buy a 3ds mewtwo code off ebay, after some testing i gotta say their's a lot of annoying things about him but i do think he's pretty decent

if they do decide to buff him in the future, i hope they make it so that people hit by confusion can't immediately attack in the air after the animation ends and that they at least buff his weight so that he's tied with game&watch

His weight makes him trickier to fight IMO, if they make him heavier, he would be easy to beat up and combo. It's hard to consistently follow up attacks on Mewtwo and Rosalina.

It was weird fighting Mael's Mewtwo, because the shadow ball cancels out Samus's Charge Shot and Lucario's Aura Sphere. The charge shot I understand... But the aura sphere? That one felt wrong.

Mael also brought up a valid point about Mewtwo and how he lacks the ability to properly combat those standing right behind him.

I have also been playing a lot of Lucina, Olimar, Duck Hunt Dog, and Charizard recently. I have also been repicking up Sonic.

Honestly, I just main Shulk most the time, troll people with Pac-Man/Villager or just completely rack up combos with Mario/Ludwig..

Why do kids tend to stick to using the same move over and over in the hopes that it'll somehow work for them? It just.. doesn't work.

One funny opponent I had in for glory mode recently kept trying to show me up by using the character I just used, so I purposely screwed with him by picking incredibly hard to play characters. Olimar and DHD are so much fun :P

Oh god. I got JV'd by a Dedede today at the tourney.

Thank god I won the set, but man, Dedede is scary to play against if he's in good hands. The guy edgeguards like a mofo and is such a big obstacle to get around...

If anyone here mains Zero Suit Samus in Smash 4, can you tell be her weaknesses and who I should try using against her? Have more trouble with her than Diddy.

Litst of characters I can somewhat play is in the second spoiler tag in my sig. Can also play Fox, Ganon, and most recently Meta Knight.

Recently I have been struggling with Jigglypuff >>

As for characters I play. Here is a somewhat tier list.

Best:

Little Mac, Yoshi

Secondaries:

Fox, Lucario, Bowser, Samus

Submains:

Robin, Mega Man, Ike, Lucina

Characters I don't consider a main, but am pretty good with since I put a lot of practice in them:

Duck Hunt Dog, Charizard, Ness, Shiek, Olimar, Sonic, Pikachu

Characters I enjoy playing as, but didn't master. (Knows how to do basics adequately):

Donkey Kong, Link, Zelda, Shulk, Roy Koopa, Greninja, Pac-Man, Villager, Mewtwo, Marth

Characters I can play pretty well despite having no mastery of:

Mario, Luigi, Dr. Mario, Diddy, Zero Suit, Toon Link, Pit, Dark Pit, Jigglypuff, Peach, Wii Fit Trainer, Captain Falcon, Kirby, Rosalina, Falco

Characters I suck with and don't entirely know why:

Ganondorf, Mr. Game and Watch, Metaknight, King Dedede, Palutena,

Yolo, I'll list mine as well.

Best:

Ganondorf, Lucina, Captain Falcon

Secondaries:

Falco, Little Mac, Marth

Submains:

Donkey Kong, Dark Pit, Fox

Characters I don't play a lot but am good with as I've practiced them:

Shulk, Sheik, Pit, Link, Toon Link, Ike, Peach

Characters I enjoy playing as, but didn't master:

Dr. Mario, Luigi, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Mewtwo, Bowser, Pikachu, Lucario, Zelda, Bowser Jr, Yoshi, Mega Man, Jigglypuff, Sonic

Characters I can play pretty well despite not having any mastery of them:

Mario, Zero Suit, Palutena, Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja, Charizard, Rob, Robin, Samus, Pac-Man, Ness, Game&Watch

Characters I suck with and have no idea why:

Duck Hunt, Olimar, Rosalina, Diddy, Villager

sure i'll bite why not lel

Best/Mains:

Pikachu, Sheik, Sonic

i think a lot of people hate me idk i find them so fun :c

Secondaries:

ZSS, Duck Hunt Duo, 'Zard, Lucina, RosaLuma

Submains:

Shulk, Ness, Yoshi, Diddy

Characters I don't play a lot but am good with as I've practiced them:

Mewtwo, Greninja, 'Puff, Kirby, Marth, Ike, Palutena, Toon Link

Characters I enjoy playing as, but didn't master:

Villager, Game & Watch (particularly spamming side b at times), Lucario, C. Falcon, Robin, Pit, Wii Fit, Little Mac.

Characters I can play pretty well despite not having any mastery of them:

Falco, Meta Knight, Peach, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Zelda, Olimar, Link

(tho wouldnt the fact i've played them enough to know im at least good at them imply SOME level of mastery?)

Characters I Suck With;

how the FUCK do you play wario, megaman, ROB, Donkey Kong or Ganon?

(this is a rhetorical question)

i like faster characters with good combo potential but then theres charizard

:]

Edited by Anethia

MSC has made a video detailing some combos for Smash 4 Mewtwo. These are mostly pretty technical but, seeing as it's Mewtwo we're talking about here, they do a ton of damage when pulled off.

Mostly basic stuff, can't even do the jab lock thing. One thing I found that I never see anyone use is if you get knocked off or high upwards, you can do Down B to stop most of your velocity and gain a small height boost. It might be useful for avoiding some followups, but the move is nowhere near as useful as in Melee.

PS, I found this for Shiri and Godot. Pretty good watch to see what Ganon's about, but this is also one of the funniest smash montages I've seen.

(DISCLAIMER: U-tilt to be used for disrespect only.)

I don't have intention of learning Ganon better than I currently do. as for Fox's Jab Lock, I can do it, it is just not reliable. Especially since it doesn't work on the entire roster. I mostly just do Jab Cancel Combos.

Ie: Jabs into Grab, Jabs into Up/Down Smash, and Jabs into Up Tilt.