Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

Ganon doesn't have any true combos, or at least not viable ones. He's a dude that thrives off reads and punishes, leaving his mark with powerful 2-3 attack bouts that do absurd damage.

Ganon is more mind games than combos and what not. Whn you get hit by an attack, he's got so many ways to follow up with nearly everything you do, so if you screw up your DI or recovery, or make a bad decision in that regard, then you'll either get punished for another ~40 damage or so, or lose stage control. Once that happens it will be a big hassle to get it back vs Ganondorf without losing a stock because once again of the numerous ways he can read or punish your approach to the situation.

It's kinda difficult to explain.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That Don'te Video was fantastic, he can build AP like no other character in the game. It almost made me want to jump back into Psas. I actually liked that game >>

That game also had true combos up the wazoo. My best Don'te combo built 190 AP I never hit 200+.

On topic about Fox and Ganon. One of my main combos with fox that works both with rage and without rage is Jab-Jab, Down Throw, Dash, short hop into Nair, land and recapture the opponent with a jab-jab, random follow up, normally grab into forward throw or down smash.

Another harder to do but effective combo is Jab-jab into reverse up tilt into random aerial, (Nair is traditionally the safest or better aerial to go with when you are not sure how your opponent is going to DI)

As for Ganon, he and Ike rely less on damage by follow ups into combos and more on reads and passive aggressive play. (Even though I mentioned Ike, he is a very defensive character despite having follow ups to a lot of his attacks and true combos)

Despite me sucking with Ganon, I do understand him, I am just too impatient of a player to play him. I can only play passively for so long. I also don't like how his and Falcons best "hit above my head" options are Short Hop into Nair. It especially throws me off on the occasion that I do try to play Ganon. When I play a Heavy, I am used to Bowser, DK, Ike, and Charizard, and those 4 have good to amazing up tilts that have some boss follow ups. And since Ganon somewhat lacks in that department, I don't find him enjoyable.

Which is why Mael's Ganon terrifies me. I have a "high risk-high reward" mind set and tend to play characters to embody this... Which causes me to be a wreck less idiot whom will often make mistakes that characters like Ganon can capitalize and punish.

though over the years I have been trying to be less stupid and predictable, by learning when and how to approach my opponents

This is why Lil' Mac, Fox, Yoshi, and Lucario Suit me well.

Sakurai recently just had an interview where he stated that outside of Tournament Mode, the team was working on brand new Modes for the game. What kind of modes do you guys want to see?

I personally want to see;

-2v2 Online option where I can actually choose who I am going up against the world with. Right now the 2v2 For Glory mode option is either couch based co-op, or matches you up with some random nobody.

- A Ranked Battles Option, one where your score and record actually means something. Most fighting games give you a title or rank that gave your opponent a general idea of how skilled you were. Not only was it a nice feature, it gave you a goal to make you want to keep coming back and play the game. For Glory mode is random and I never know what or who I am up against.... For Glory is more of a "when I am bored and have no one to play with" mode.... which most Fighting games have on top of Ranked matches.

- Online Lobbies! Having the Option to create a lobby of 4-8 People who can take turns playing in 1v1 or 4 play FFA matches would be a godsend and I have no idea why it isn't in the game yet. Oh... and make sure it has the ability to have people in the lobby spectate the matches of the Lobbies they are in. You would be surprised how many games don't have that feature or option.

- Project M has this really cool mode called Allstar Versus. It is kinda like Smash Tour but not at all... Essentially you play stock matches where each stock is a charcter of your choosing... why hasn't Ninty implemented this yet? Most Namco Fighters have this game mode, like Soul Calibur and Tekken. It is also a staple game mechanic in the King of Fighters series.

- An option to turn on certain Stage Hazards. Yes I know Omega Stages are a thing... but some stages would be fantastic for competetive use if they didn't have Hazards.

For Example:

Halbred

Pokemon Stadium

Dr. Wily's Castle

Kalos Pokemon League

Mushroom Kingdom U

Pyrosphere

I thought Halberd was already legal. But not having to deal with the combo cannon would be nice.

I admit though, if Coliseum wasn't a walk-off I would love to have seen it in competitive play. That would be a really interesting stage as something of a pseudo-Fountain of Dreams with the shifting platforms.

#rekt

also now that I was thinking about it, and most of you would know better than me...are there going to be stages avavailable via DLC? Seen some cool-ass fan concepts but more so missing some old Smash stages Like F.O.D and Frigate Orpheon.

There is open data in the game for 5 additional characters not counting mew two and 12 stages. There is also data hidden in the mewtwo update that has sound files labeled Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. And when you open them Mother 3, Fire Emblem, and Street Fighter Music plays.

Pre-Mewtwo update people found stage files for Electroplankton, Swap Note, and a dr. Mario stage complete with textures for Virus Stage Hazards.

Electroplankton

Oh god...if it's Hanenbow from Brawl, I might consider committing sudoku.

Also I heard about the other leaks of Roy and Ryu n stuff but I dunno how reliable they are. If Roy is back I would anticipate he joins Smash as Eliwood (to avoid name conflicts with Roy Koopa).

The Data miners that claimed to find Roy and Ryu sound files say that they found sound files for Dreamland 64 in the game.

Kill Customs with a rusty machete. Whoever decided that it was a good idea at Evo 2015 needs to be impaled several times.

Here's what I voted on.

Rules

3-stock, 8-minute.

Legal Stages

Battlefield, Final Destination, Town & City, Smashville, Duck Hunt, Halberd, Delfino Plaza, Skyloft, Kongo Jungle, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege

Uncertain Stages

Orbital Gate Assault, Pilotwings, Kalos Pokemon League, Pokemon Stadium 2 (would depend on whether or not you can still trip on Ice mode)

Custom Moves

BANNED. There should be some fun little tourneys where this is allowed though.

Mii Fighter Movesets

Although I was initially indifferent about Mii Fighters, I eventually said Banned due to the amount of headaches that debate between default size and movesets would cause.

I saw that, his voice isn't the best for this sort of thing.

He did a much more interesting video where he talked about the competitive stages in great detail.