Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I were to enter a tournament for this game, I'd likely use Pikachu, Ike, Palutena, Captain Falcon, Samus, or Marth (even though I think he sucks in this game. But he's my main man <3.)

I haven't been able to try them out against anyone with a decent amount of skill at this game yet though, so idk for sure which one.

For those gaining interest in lucas, one thing i've noticed that a lot of people haven't been doing is using the down b hitbox to ledge guard or gimp characters, it's pretty safe to use in mid-air since it stops you for it bit when you use it, and it sends your opponent flying heavily horizontally so it either kills or characters with bad recovery's get fucked

For those gaining interest in lucas, one thing i've noticed that a lot of people haven't been doing is using the down b hitbox to ledge guard or gimp characters, it's pretty safe to use in mid-air since it stops you for it bit when you use it, and it sends your opponent flying heavily horizontally so it either kills or characters with bad recovery's get fucked

It's fairly predictable and has a fair amount of lag, so you're really rolling the dice. Lucas's standard aerials or PK Fire are often better for this except against Ness and Lucas, where you can absorb their PK Thunder and leave them Helpless.

Falco got buffed greatly. Gonna use him lot more. He was a cool character i used until i dropped him for fox. Now he's more better.

Video not by me.

Description.

All in all, Falco was greatly buffed in the June patch that received Lucas, Roy and Ryu. Here are changes I noticed.
1. Falcos nair connects better from the back and will always hit the opponent in front of Falco. It also puts enemies in tumble animation at 0%, rather than flinch.
2. Dair has lost its locking ability but has a bit more active frames on the spike and appears to have a bit more hitstun.
3. Fair has an added hit, meaning an extra 4% damage.
4. Uair has less knockback and range, but those are sacrificed for it being faster and a better combo tool. Its front hitbox also reaches further by a bit.
5. Falco may have better air speed... not sure if I'm being superstitious but he feels a bit more lofty.
In conclusion Falco lost a vertical kill move for more combos and a sweet upgraded nair.

Big Changes found so far.

- Falco's Aerials were reworked almost entirely.

- Ike has somewhat less lag in his Side Tilt, jab, forward tilt, and nair

- Zelda's upsmash kills 20% sooner than normal

- Metaknight has less ending lag on his jab, forward tilt, and Nair.

- Charizard's Down and Up throws have been reworked. Up Throw has more launch power, while down throw has less launch power allowing it to be followed up with aerials for greater combo potential.

- Bowser's Uptilt got a bit of a reworking, and attacks in a much longer arc that doesn't fit his animation.

- Villager's Up B works on a fuel system kinda sorta like R.O.B.'s up B. Which discourages stalling a little bit.

- Marth and Lucina's Nair and Up tilt has less landing lag and knock back. Lucina's side tilt hurts a little bit more.

- Luma has 50 HP rather than 47

- Donkey Kong's side throw "the cargo hold" got buffed and reworked in attempt to make it an actual option in his tool kit.

- Diddy's Hoo- Ah! got nerfed again.

- Link's Grab Range got decreased, but his down throw and down tilt got nerfed slightly.

- Captain Falcon got a nerf on his Up Air.

Yeah, Lucas's psi magnet just isn't what it used to be (so much lag on both the start and the release now), and neither is his down aerial. it's way too difficult to land the one hit that matters, the last, delayed 3rd hit that actually spikes and deals decent damage, the pittance of damage from the first two isn't worth the amazing about of risk inherent in attacking anyone with a down aerial. His up smash is far more vertical than it used to be and leaves him vulnerable for much longer than it used to. Oh, and it takes longer to actually throw out there, so it's easily seen coming and dodged. It still hits like a truck but it's barely usable anymore. They have to be DIRECTLY above lucas for it to hit, no one is gonna do that. The same thing with his up tilt. It goes straight up, so you'd have to be standing IN your opponent's face before it'll hit anything, where as you have a nice horizontal range on Ike's up tilt and even Ryu's uptilt fist.

They nerfed the damage and knockback of his third jump, but it does launch him further than it used to and it's easier to recover from below the stage with it now, instead of always having to approach the ledge from out on the side. The power and knockback of his forward smash was decreased a great deal, which makes sense, considering it's just a stick and comes out much faster than ness's bat. I expected that to happen. His up air has noticeably less launching power, is much harder to land somehow, and does less damage. Oh, and they slowed down the rate at which you can fire pk fires. They fucked up his neutral air like they did with mewtwo's, it hits multiple times for shit damage until the last hit, at which point you generally can't get to hit cuz you've landed on the ground by then.

They did improve his throw by giving the snake more range, so now it's more like samus and link's, making it so much more usable now. His moves that have the shine to them, like Fair, dash attack, Bair, have sweet spots now that do good damage if you hit them with the shine, so there's that I guess. But when the fair does 8% normally and 11% on sweet spot, the only thing going for it is the boost to its launch, which he really needs.

Overall, he has been severely nerfed. He can still rack up some damage, but he has a severe lack of kill moves. Up smash is pretty much it and you can't land that nearly as easily as you used to. Oh, down smash too, but that has a much shorter range in front of him than it used to so you basically have to trick your opponent to roll into it. I have to rack up damage very nearly to 200% to start killing people with moves that you can actually land or even with one of his throws.

Lucas still does well... he just can't kill. Like Godot's complaints about Fox. Hmm...

They definitely neutered him this game. I expect a severe rehaul for him in the next patch.

Despite all the new character hype, I am going to stand by my grounds saying that Lucas is good, but not Ness good. And Roy is annoyingly overhyped right now. He isn't that good people >>

I personally think Ike is better than him. And if you want to compare him to the rest of the FE reps, I think he is outclassed by Robin as well. He is however, somewhat better than Marth and Lucina.

As for Ryu, I enjoy him a lot.

Lucas is pretty good. Not like ness many claimed, but up-b is pretty dangerous. Got defeated because of it in for glory. And his aerial moves is also great.

Roy other hand is really strong. He is damn strong with the moves imo. I got killed in 80-100% i think because of it,

Ryu, haven't seen any one in for glory.

idk :[ you also have to jump on them from the front or they'll just fall out of your up b when you footstool

but i'm all up in the roy hype, i'm 100% positive he'll start ranking top 10+ in peoples tier lists, he has a lot of mobility on stage, all of his moves seem to flow into each other, and almost everything in his kit is a good kill option while also having few kill set ups

Problem is he's easily edgeguarded. Get him off stage, or just in the air, and the fight becomes easier for you.

Also, no one has mentioned Roy's grab range yet. It's pretty darn big, which makes pseudo-chaingrabbing possible with D-Throw to Jab. Fast fallers like Falcon and Charizard get rekt by this so be careful.

The Roy and Ryu hype is overshadowing Lucas... And he's OP af...

**trains to one day wreck the world with the character no one is using**