Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pac-Man not only harnesses the power of namco, the most recent patch gave him the powers of valve... Wait... Valve, the trampoline has 3 jumps, then we got a surprise reveal that we got 3 different characters and stages, you guys know what this means right?!?

Hoenn remake confirmed! Nintendo just won e3!!!!

Quick note of a bug fix that went through at some point within the past couple patches, re: last-stocksacrificial KOs...Bowser's Bowsercide now always loses in both versions of smash 4. This was exclusive to the 3DS version before, but now Bowser always loses in the Wii U version as well.

Someone said that Diddy Kong's Diddycide always loses now as well. Will need to confirm. The Ganoncide still always wins.

yeah, when godot and I were doing doubles for glory, some bowser kept bowserciding and it straight up gave him suicides for that and didn't count them as deaths for me. It was a strict -1 for him both times, lol. Needless to say, they lost by a lot that match.

And now for something I noticed a couple months ago with one of Falcon's custom moves, but never had the skill to do more than once so I didn't think it was actually a thing. Alas, I am wrong. Questionable music choice though.

Quick note of a bug fix that went through at some point within the past couple patches, re: last-stocksacrificial KOs...Bowser's Bowsercide now always loses in both versions of smash 4. This was exclusive to the 3DS version before, but now Bowser always loses in the Wii U version as well.

Someone said that Diddy Kong's Diddycide always loses now as well. Will need to confirm. The Ganoncide still always wins.

yeah, when godot and I were doing doubles for glory, some bowser kept bowserciding and it straight up gave him suicides for that and didn't count them as deaths for me. It was a strict -1 for him both times, lol. Needless to say, they lost by a lot that match.

Brawl and Post patch Bowser would always win if he Bowsercided. However in smash 4 when bowser was actually a good viable option, Bowsercides were a lot more common. So in the first patch it was removed to where if Bowser took both the lives of him and his opponent with the Koopa Claw, he loses a point and the Opponent gains a point for the KO. So in something like For Glory Bowser gets -1 and the victim gets +1 despite dying, the KO goes uncredited... so ya... dumb people were being dumb and were throwing the match without even realizing it. So LoLs?

Also Abbey, smash boards addressed this in the first patch.

I'm going to leave these two videos here. Both have some information that I was unaware of, and I find some of the info in the second video to be especially useful, particularly what he calls the "beefy up-B." I was unaware that you could do that in Sm4sh, so I'll definitely try it out.

There was a recent famaitsu article that sakurai wrote and he stated, "I cannot keep the team around forever, but we are developing several new characters. We are focusing on fanservice more than anything." Which leads back to the polls. Last I checked the most popular real options for characters were King K Rool, Ink boy/girl, and Isaac. And since we received Ryu recently as a second capcom rep, I can see Bayonetta, Knuckles, Klonoa, Siegfried, or Jin Kazama having a pretty good chance to be in the game.

Well, I see no Ds or Fs, so that's something. At the worst, a character at least has a niche use according to this list. Personally, I could see Kirby and Lucario being a little bit higher. I also had no idea Mario was that good. I'm a bit saddened by Samus's place on the list, because I find her really fun to play in this game. Oh well. I'm using who I want to use regardless.

Characters that I thought would be at least a bit higher than they are:

• Link
  • Bowser
  • Ganondorf
  • Falco
  • Samus
  • Gunner

Characters that I thought would be at least a bit lower:

• Olimar
  • Diddy
  • Robin
  • Toon Link
  • Lucario
  • Mega Man

<p>

Characters that I thought would be at least a bit higher than they are:

• Link
  • Bowser
  • Ganondorf
  • Falco
  • Samus
  • Gunner
Characters that I thought would be at least a bit lower:
  • Olimar
  • Diddy
  • Robin
  • Toon Link
  • Lucario
  • Mega Man

Ganondorf, Samus, and Lucario aren't that amazing. Robin, Mega Man, and toon link on the other hand... toon link is really damn good and I hate him.

Just one question: what would be a good secondary for a luigi main and secondary: Link?

Better question, who are you struggling against?

Easily against meta knight, sheik, zss, pretty much most common character that are good in for glory except Ike. I can manage Pikachu well if he doesn't spam. And btw my very game in for glory was against a samus and I get destroyed. And I sometimes struggle with jigglypuff also no dlcs.

I've found success by taking shots at Luma whenever I get the chance - any time you don't think you're going to get a solid follow up on Rosalina, if you can knock around her Luma instead, do it. Once Luma's out of the way, it gets easier to take Rosa out.

Also if Luma gets launched it can't do anything until it hits the ground, so getting it offstage is an easy way to kill it (dealing the 50% damage to kill it can be a pain in the ass). Thus establishing neutal (center stage) dominance early on is a good strategy that you can use to beat her.

Rosie has difficult killing with out the pillow, it dies easily from love taps. Moves that lock people in place like PK Fire and Arc Fire are pretty useful. He Luma AI is also not too smart. One funny thing is that trampolines, Springs, ect confuse it. If you drop pac-man's hydrant in front of a Luma or Pikmin, the AI just stops and has no idea what the fuck to do.

I found the easiest time fighting Rosie with Fox, Robin, Mega Man, Samus, Sonic, Lucario, and Yoshi.

Fox, Sonic, and Yoshi are hella fast and give her little to no breathing room to relax and set up, they also kill the Luma really easily. Fox has a technique where he runs right I between them and shines or Down B, and it separates them. Fox used to do this in Melee and Brawl to separate the Ice Climbers, it should work here too.

If Sonic performs his neutral B, he will only target players. If you use it on Rosie, he will only target her, sonic will never aim for the Luma.

If you toss a projectile at Rosie her first response is to absorb it. If you spam projectiles at her, she panics and gets defensive. You can take advantage of this. If you aren't a projectile heavy character, you your projectile to distract her and attack her while she is nullifying your projectiles.

Out of allege characters mentioned, the Rosie players I faced struggled with my Robin and Yoshi the most.

Lastly, keep in mind that Luma has 50 HP and takes 13 seconds to respawn.