Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As soon as we get internet set up in our new apartment.

I blame him. He is keeping me from picking on scrubs... I mean playing smash with you guys!

Any up for wii u smash because I need to break the week long rust of no legit smash 4 players. Need to go back to the basics and practice pressuring with luigi. Timing on aerials for link. I need to stop treating roy like marth so there is that.

I having trouble against Samus because dash attack to up-air and proceeds to juggle me to death. Any weakness or tips to play against samus in general?

Either out-zone her or keep the pressure on. I played against a really good Samus main and he was shut down by lasers and gyros. And reflecting her charge shot with a side b was the finishing blow. She has an insanely good juggle game and a ridiculous Up B out of shield, so be very wary when running up to hit her.

I having trouble against Samus because dash attack to up-air and proceeds to juggle me to death. Any weakness or tips to play against samus in general?

from my experience keeping safe pressure without totally committing ala spacing will work pretty good

as said she has a rly nice up b out of shield so dont get baited by that but you cant rly give her chances to do her poke shenanigans and just pressure you down to death

for how i play the match up as a jigs main with how rare it is, the same generic combos and approaches WORK it's just making sure you dont give her room to worm out and shoot you to death cos then your dead and your just like well wth

My tip for Samus is to stay out of her mid range (about the third of FD's length). This is right where every damn Samus this side of Tourian wants you, because she has so many options when you're there. Either establish a healthy distance where the projectiles become more easily avoidable, or go deep and get up in her grill. Remember that her slow falling speed makes her less susceptible to combos than other middle-heavyweight fighters.

When you do find yourself in the mid range though, it's best to roll or spot dodge - grapple beam will get you while you're shielding. Though if you're good with powershielding then it will go a long way for you vs the projectiles.