Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

Thanks to Mael, I have improved with luigi. However I can't take a set off of him with my skills alone.

Edit: Should I pick up mk or shulk? I can use their basics decently. My way of arts go by like speed, buster and smash. Shield if opponent is an aerial fighter, jump if heavyweight.

Edited by OmegaRa1der

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently everyone's roll and spot dodge has 1 frame less invincibility.

Also... All these Robin buffs! My god! Charizard was buffed considerably too, looks like I may have to play as him more...

And where are my Samus buffs? And why was Falco left untouched?!?

Aerial wizkick has never has been unless you're playing certain characters.

Ganondorf has always done extensive shield damage with aerial Wizard's Foot, they added just a tiny bit more shield damage so that he could shield-stab on more of the cast, not just tall folk like Link and Captain Falcon.

The Mario held the shield a little too long for it to be a realistic representation of a "real" scenario, but if you shield something like F-tilt then try to shield a Wizkick, it's gonna get broken. And if you're near the ledge...well then kiss your stock goodbye, everyone Toon Link's weight and below can get OHKO'd when near/at the edge.

So, lesson of the day...don't hold shield against Ganon, he has ways around it. Or maybe through it. Dark Desire knows this very well. : )

EDIT: I think Samus is unchanged, but Mii Gunner got buffs

I have been following the patch pretty closely. I know for a fact that Samus was untouched QQ. Let's see how this new version of the game plays out.

Greninja's shuriken buffs along with that new down throw make him ass to fight.

Marth and Lucina were big winners of the patch. The landing lag reduction is disgusting and it's true combo city For both of them. Shield breaker's end lag down makes it even harder to punish because can't block it, can't punish it as easily otherwise either. Gotta go deep against Marth now, although Lucina will destroy you if you try to do that and mess up.

Greninja's shuriken buffs along with that new down throw make him ass to fight.

Marth and Lucina were big winners of the patch. The landing lag reduction is disgusting and it's true combo city For both of them. Shield breaker's end lag down makes it even harder to punish because can't block it, can't punish it as easily otherwise either. Gotta go deep against Marth now, although Lucina will destroy you if you try to do that and mess up.

Looks like they got the Ike treatment.... Curious about Marth's buff... He used to be op for very specific reasons.

They still need better throw options.

Curious about the new stages yet? Interested in seeing what music they have in store? Here's a list of "new" music that comes with each stage!

Hyrule Castle 64

• Hyrule Castle - The Legend of Zelda - Super Smash Bros. mix
  • Hyrule Field - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - original
  • Hyrule Field - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - original
  • Main Theme (The Legend of Zelda) - The Legend of Zelda - original
  • Termina Field - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - original *returns from Brawl (Pirate Ship)
  • The Legend of Zelda Medley - The Legend of Zelda / A Link to the Past - New Arrangement by Taku Inoue

Peach's Castle 64

• Overworld Theme - Super Mario Bros. 3 - original
  • Overworld Theme - Super Mario Bros. 2 - original *returns from Melee (Mushroom Kingdom II)
  • Main Theme (Super Mario 64) - Super Mario 64 - New Arrangement by Hiroyuki Kawada
  • Peach's Castle - Super Mario Bros. - Super Smash Bros. mix *returns from Melee (adventure mode cutscene)
  • Slide / Rainbow Cruise - Super Mario 64 - original

Here are the other stages that have already been released, as a recap...

Suzaku Castle

• Ryu Stage - Street Fighter II - New Arrangement by Yoko Shimomura *3DS: Alternate music
  • Ryu Stage - Street Fighter II - original *3DS: Main music
  • Ryu Stage - Super Street Fighter II - original
  • Ken Stage - Street Fighter II - New Arrangement by Rio Hamamoto
  • Ken Stage - Street Fighter II - Original
  • Ken Stage - Super Street Fighter II - Original

Dream Land 64

• Dream Land - Kirby Super Star - Super Smash Bros. mix *returns from Melee *3DS: Main Music
  • Ice Cream Island - Kirby's Adventure - New Arrangement by Yoshitano Yano *3DS: Alternate music
  • Forest Stage - Kirby's Adventure - Kirby Air Ride mix
  • Fountain of Dreams - Kirby Super Star - Super Smash Bros. Melee mix *returns from Brawl (Green Greens)
  • Pop Star - Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - Original
  • The World To Win - Kirby Triple Deluxe - Original

Those two weren't nearly as popular/memorable as SSF2.

The one I'm surprised was left out is Super Street Fighter IV...

Ah i see.

Honestly, SSF4 didn't have so much memorable music than third strike and alpha 3 really.

And most of the soundtracks of SSFIV was eh.

Who were the ones that wanted matches today? Hit me up.

Edit: Watched the video and Wtf was that shiek doing? As a former shiek main, I was a bit annoyed with all the things she was doing wrong here. Also, there weren't any luigi grab combos :o

Edit: Watched the video and Wtf was that shiek doing? As a former shiek main, I was a bit annoyed with all the things she was doing wrong here. Also, there weren't any luigi grab combos :o

I didn't need to grab to be honest. Shiek is pretty hard to grab, so I had to take a different approach. I'm honestly glad he didn't camp with needles more. I don't do well against that.

I didn't need to grab to be honest. Shiek is pretty hard to grab, so I had to take a different approach. I'm honestly glad he didn't camp with needles more. I don't do well against that.

That is what you're supposed to do. Poke with needles until there is an opening and do combos. He tried to do grab chains against Luigi... which is a no-no...