Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

Fair doing less damage is a buff. Since it does less damage it has more combo potential. Who thought it was a good idea to trade power for combo potentially in this character.

Sakurai is a luigi main, explains everything :P

Anyway, i felt the team of ssb4 needs to think what they buff or nerf really. Character like samus needs buff, and character like shiek needs a bit nerf.

And they need to give up patch notes. That's something important right?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They do discuss buffs and nerfs. They are just very secretive about what they change, which is annoying. Nintendo is also stubborn. When they buff or nerf a character we only consider how it changes them in 1v1 competitive play. The smash devs also consider things like FFA, teams, and other things like that. And in FFA Samus is more powerful and thrives. She can almost be considered one of the best.

That part is a nerf, but they buffed his combo potential and gave him more options.

They need to nerf his Nair and kill some of his priority.

I buzzed a high-level player in a Smash skype group on the Luigi changes, this is what he said:

Yeah. That nerf is so goddamn underestimated. I just saw it a few games ago, like I can really react to Luigi's grab trap way better. Perfect shield -> Jab/someshit is way more reliable with every character, and much safer with the 3 frames of lag. Makes the distance between his grab and fireball pretty hugely noticeable.
And I don't know why people say Luigi's Fair reduction is a buff, it's actually a nerf. You're getting the same amount of Fairs in every combo anyway. If it was a change like, if it was OP at 6% and got nerfed to 5% then I could see a case made for greater combo potential, but nothing's really changed at all in that sense.
Oh and D-tilt change, I don't know why people call that a buff. It took away a reliable setup and made it reliant on chance, esp against low-profile chars like Greninja and Kirby.
He's still annoying and overall pretty decent though, if anything else gets hit next it's his down-B.

basically what I had thought, where do you find all these smash skype groups ryan .__.

Smashboards, under the SSB4 character forums. Although discussion primarily revolves around talking about the character, many of them do discuss the game in general, as well as other things not pertaining to the game at all.

There are some pros in these skype groups (such as CherubiKnight in Lucina's and Ryo in Ike's) who are super helpful to anyone who wants help improving their game.

So far all I've seen in for glory is Little Mac, Weegee and ZS Samus. All 1v1. Is this normal?

yeah, there are some rosas, shieks, links, and reg samus mixed in too, welcome to for glory! honestly nearly everybody in reborn is better then for glory, and that's because we're intelligent.

If i see you on the server later do you want to play some matches on 3DS?

Edited by blasterman4

yeah, there are some rosas, shieks, links, and reg samus mixed in too, welcome to for glory! honestly nearly everybody in reborn is better then for glory, and that's because we're intelligent.

If i see you on the server later do you want to play some matches on 3DS?

Great... I did it because I'm better at 1v1 than FFA. And I have the wii U version >_<