• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GGs Omega.

A few tips for King Sonn Dededoo:

Learn the trajectories of the Gordo when input with a direction. You seemed to do mostly the Upwards variant, but that is far better to strike someone recovering close to the stage since it has next to no horizontal motion.

You can't grab the ledge after he has started descending from his recovery move unless you cancel it by pressing Up (stupid decision on their part. Made more sense in Brawl when it was pressing Down)

His Nair is a very good move, especially when short-hop fast-fall. Comes out quick, very little recovery on landing, and can use a jab/down tilt/grab almost immediately afterwards.

With heavy characters in general, you need to be patient. They perform their best when capitalizing on opponents' mistakes

One thing I noticed with good Dedede players, other than the standard grab, they usually aren't afraid doing down tilt. Gordos to them are spacing tools rather than weapons, because it's either dodge, hit, or get hit by that thing for most players. His Uair is pretty nasty for a lingering hitbox, rather than a single strike.

One thing I noticed with good Dedede players, other than the standard grab, they usually aren't afraid doing down tilt. Gordos to them are spacing tools rather than weapons, because it's either dodge, hit, or get hit by that thing for most players. His Uair is pretty nasty for a lingering hitbox, rather than a single strike.

Actually, his 1-2 jab into down tilt can disrupt the opponent easily if they don't use a fast aerial or air dodge. And the up-air is deadly but for a kd3 player who is still learning the basics combos like myself will use d-throw into up-air somewhere around 50% to 90% (percents where a full hop is possible) I has watched/read some kd3 guides and most of them recommend learning using the bair as a killing move.

EDIT: I don't exactly get the excess salt toward luigi. They say he is a braindead character. I mean I learned that Boss only goes to S@X or Xanadu tours. But he have one weakness: Recovery, his is bit dependent on his side b.. Down-b can be tricky to transition unless you change the control scheme and it sort of a equivalent of Link backward up b.

Edited by OmegaRa1der

EDIT: I don't exactly get the excess salt toward luigi. They say he is a braindead character. I mean I learned that Boss only goes to S@X or Xanadu tours. But he have one weakness: Recovery, his is bit dependent on his side b.. Down-b can be tricky to transition unless you change the control scheme and it sort of a equivalent of Link backward up b.

Luigi in general is pretty dependant on keeping the jump as long aspossible, meaning luigi players often Side-B, misfires send you straight out of the blast zones and if the opponent doesn't expect it, proceeds to Get a stage spike or a lot of freedom to recover...

TLDR: luigi has to use side b before jump

The problems with Luigi is his Priority, random kill power, and touch of death combos.

Luigi fights like he is dual wielding swords. He has more range with his attacks than he should have, and a lot of his moves beats out other people's moves.

He also has moves that randomly kill. His down B shouldn't kill and his a air shouldn't kill. Seriously, why does his Nair kill? It is quite literally the only Nair that kills in the center of the stage. No one else has that. His Nair also comes out in less than 5 frames and can A. Catch anyone by surprise. Or B. Punish and kill some one who is comboing you. Why should they be in a disadvantage whenever they hit you? Traditionally it is the other way around.

With one jab, grab, or Fair Luigi can kill you at any percent. The right amount of fair, up tilts, jabs, and down throws he can drag your HP from 0% to over 100 in a matter of seconds where he can finish you off with a well placed Nair, Bair, down special, side special, or Smash attack of his choice. Or he can just drag you off stage instead and use his insane recovery abilities to make it back to the stage.

Seriously, fuck Luigi in this game.

Another big local tournament, Summit, just happened about a half hour's drive away from me. Sadly, I couldn't get to it, but here were the characters used by the top 16 finishers:

1. Mario / Captain Falcon

2. R.O.B.

3. Luigi

4. Sheik

5. Diddy Kong

5. Fox / Sheik

7. Ganondorf

7. Fox

9. Mario / Dark Pit

9. Palutena

9. Pikachu

9. Peach

13. Robin

13. Bowser Jr.

13. Donkey Kong

13. Villager

The corresponding players are below in the spoiler:

1. Ally
2. Holy
3. Poke

4. Yoh

5. Chrim Foish

5. SpaceDong

7. Ray Kalm

7. Toronto Joe

9. Blacktwins

9. IceNinja

9. Hell-dew

9. Hammond is a Fraud
13. Voltampt

13. Blanc
13. DKBill
13. Rel Hail

NOTE: Customs were banned for this tournament.