Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

I question the game knowledge part, as the two seldom to hand in hand in any game, nevermind Smash Bros.

For example the local Ganondorf main here, Ray Kalm, is just a huge wealth of information for both Sm4sh and Brawl. Game mechanics, music, characters' max HR distance, and most if not all matchups currently in the game. ZeRo is just far, far more practiced on the implementation of said skills.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

since i'm here on wednesday and i see people asking for peach opinions.... with all the infinites peach has she wouldn't have a hard time being insanely good if people praciced them with her, along with abusing the RNG to get various items, i think peach is underrated but unused for the same reason as olimar. also rose played peach back when we played before she lost her 3ds.

The best smash 4 player as well Melee Player where I live submains peach. He mains Rosalina primarily. It seemed like he used Peach to deal with the faster charcters such as Shiek and Sonic. Though he is a hard core fan of Melee peach. So idk how good his advice on her would be.

Man I hate to ask about this, but are there any weird Mac combos? I'm still "maining" Little Mac after all this time, even though he "sucks" terribly and I have a much better win rate with my 2nd (Link btw).

Me and Shadow Tack were talking on the server and he tried to figure out what sort of Mac player I am, and I am the type to rarely spam the dash attack, if even use it at all. I'm still not sure the best way to start out and finish him. And yes, I know the main damage outputs he uses are the side tilts and attacks.

If there's something I need to improve on Smash in general, it's timing my grabs and air attacks, although I am pretty quick to pick up patterns in my opponent.

So any Mac tips or spamming rules I might wanna be aware of? I still wanna take him to tourneys. I am good but wanna be better.

https://twitter.com/aMSaRedyoshi/status/641665979664203777

That is some greninja shit amsa found.

Anyway used transalate.

Greninja 0% instant death by before throwing → scapegoat. Rosalina side will be missing if move properly on the left and right. Also Greninja can barely return even underneath.

Just for fun, i think Amsa will have revenge against Dabuz's rosalina lol.

Yeah that "tier list" is real sketch if you ask me. For instance:

Shiek - After 1.1.0 update, there is not way (s)he is still the big one on top. They took away a lot of those nasty looping combos.

Luigi and Mario: Maybe Mario but certainly not Luigi imo. The 1.1.0 didn't break Luigi, although it gave him some buffs.

Mewtwo: Y U SO LOW?

Donkey Kong: Y U SO HIGH?

Link < Toon Link? : Just no. Link is a much more solid fighter than TL.

Anyways, enough ranting.

the only thing that irks me is that for some reason S-Tier= Shiek tier and that pac-man is so low after evo, abadango is a godly player who proved that pac man is amazing.

Link < Toon Link? : Just no. Link is a much more solid fighter than TL.

we already discussed why TL is better then link in another part of the thread. if you're too lazy to find it it's because he pressures w/ projectiles so well and has an amazing kill throw along with SONIC SPEED. link is worse then toon link

Edited by Shadow Tack

i'm pretty okay with the list with the exception of sonic/olimar need to be higher

and...zelda is definitely not the worst character, if nairo played her in tournaments more i feel like this could change

opinions on the ninja frog?

their are less complicated characters in the cast that can do what he does better

Alright, here's my nitpicks.

• Ryu: At least as good as Villager. This was talked about at length before
  • Dafuq why are Greninja and Ike B-? Especially Greninja. He didn't get nerfed that hard.
  • Shulk should definitely be higher than C+. I think most people here can agree with that
  • Marth and Lucina in low tier? That's really questionable, especially for Marth and his tipper smashes which kill at like 50%. Also has good options to wall out some of the cast. There's also Lucina who is very well balanced and can wall people out like Marth can, although she needs solid KO moves.
  • Ganondorf I've already talked about. I did decipher the other day that reddit basically thinks that he's pretty much unchanged from Brawl, so his current standing is...sort of understandable. Should be between B- and C+
  • Zelda and Mewtwo are not D tier. They may be delicate, but they hit very hard and are devastating in the hands of someone who knows how to play them (I'm looking at Mael's Mewtwo), using a bait and punish playstyle to land their most potent moves.
  • Link vs Toon Link? I think Link is better thanks to his obnoxious grab, but neither character is played very often at mid to high levels so idk.
  • I feel some anti-Mac bias comes into play here. At high levels of play Little Mac is a monster. However it's the rotten apples of For Glory which hold him back from being about B where he should be, since he manhandles Captain Falcon, Sonic, Villager, Fox and arguably Diddy.
  • Doc has skyrocketed in popularity recently so I expect him to be in the mid tiers soon with all the shit we've seen Doc players do.

Shiek - After 1.1.0 update, there is not way (s)he is still the big one on top. They took away a lot of those nasty looping combos.

Luigi and Mario: Maybe Mario but certainly not Luigi imo. The 1.1.0 didn't break Luigi, although it gave him some buffs.

Mewtwo: Y U SO LOW?

Donkey Kong: Y U SO HIGH?

The looping combos aren't the problem with Sheik - it's the needles. They make it way harder to get onto her when people already had enough trouble with her speed. Being Transcendent, they also give her the option to camp her opponents.

Luigi's still pretty damn good, I've seen gnarly stuff with him. Down B is surprisingly easy to combo into and KOs rather early as well.

As for DK, cargo up toss to up air. Disposes all of the top tiers save Mario and Falcon at 75% or less if DK gets platforms to work with. Especially on Town and City's low ceiling.

I only think Ryu and Mac are placed a tier or two too low. Other than that I can't argue with this list too much. I also see a lot of people here who think Tink<Link... I strongly disagree.

And Luigi is insanely good. His combos that work most of the roster. He is almost impossible to combo, just like his brother.

And I "manhandled" my fair share of Shieks and Diddys with Mac.