Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

Looking at the list again with a bit more thought...

Ryu belongs in A tier somewhere.

Mac goes in B- somewhere.

Jiggs goes somewhere in C+.

And Mewtwo goes somewhere in C.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is a definite secondary for me. Are you taking advantage of special canceling?

I use more with weak d-tilt and hard d-tilt and hadouken etc.

Or down throw into forward air.

A lot different, my favourite is when i get the true shoryuken.

I got really used with timing with weak and hard move.

So you are doing weak down tilt->heavy down tilt -> special cancel into Hadouken? That one is cool because of the follow ups you can get. You can also special cancel weak up tilt into true Shoryu. Some people will use a weak forward tilt to keep Ryu's positioning while he does Yoga Fire.

I need to practice FADC into True Shoryu.

i hate ryu on the 3ds otherwise i'd play him more

Ironically, I hate him on the Wii U, mainly because of my controller's directional divots on the control and C sticks driving me nuts when I'm trying to do Tatsumakis and stuff.

Ryu is actually the only character I like using the Game Pad for, and for that very reason. Maybe if I get a Pro Controller I'll enjoy him even more.

So you are doing weak down tilt->heavy down tilt -> special cancel into Hadouken? That one is cool because of the follow ups you can get. You can also special cancel weak up tilt into true Shoryu. Some people will use a weak forward tilt to keep Ryu's positioning while he does Yoga Fire.

I need to practice FADC into True Shoryu.

Yeah pretty much. Or a lot with nair to combo, because nair can hit both side and do some nice damage.

I didn't practice so much with ryu in all honestly, he was just easy after playing other characters for some time.

I got back to him after a month, suprprisingly he was much better using for me.

How i get FADC into true shoryuken is prety easy.

Go to 1:28, and that's how i hold the controller.

It makes pretty easy to focus dash, and true shoryuken in right side like nothing.

On left side, i just recommend to hold like a lot of normal people do.

been wondering how to do that on 3ds, that probably helps alot, but i'm not sure if lucina's perfect pivot is horrible or that guy was doing it wrong, one of thosse looked like a roll

You should have ask me long time before, since i did perfect pivot in some of out matches.

It's helps with controlling the character better for me.

It's a perfect pivot he shows, trust me. Lucina's perfect pivot isn't so horrible, it's fine for me imo.

Went to another tournament last night, iirc a 32 man tourney like last time. Here were the top 12...

1. Zero Suit Samus / Robin

2. Sheik / Mario

3. Palutena / Mario

4. Fox / Mario

5. Diddy Kong

5. Villager

7. Rosalina / Greninja

7. Random

9. Ganondorf / Lucina

9. Captain Falcon

9. Kirby

9. Sheik

1. V115
2. Yoh

3. IceNinja

4. EMG | Toronto Joe

5. David_give

5. Jell0

7. Shanoa

7. WILD

9. Abbey Street

9. Roy

9. TanTaco

9. LGS | Truth

Went to another tournament last night, iirc a 32 man tourney like last time. Here were the top 12...

1. Zero Suit Samus / Robin

2. Sheik / Mario

3. Palutena / Mario

4. Fox / Mario

5. Diddy Kong

5. Villager

7. Rosalina / Greninja

7. Random

9. Ganondorf / Lucina

9. Captain Falcon

9. Kirby

9. Sheik

1. V115

2. Yoh

3. IceNinja

4. EMG | Toronto Joe

5. David_give

5. Jell0

7. Shanoa

7. WILD

9. Abbey Street

9. Roy

9. TanTaco

9. LGS | Truth

grats man! hope you do even better in the future!

Hey, just melee inspired me to pick the hype king: Captain Falcon as a possible sub-main since luigi can handle the heavy to mid weights while falcon do the lightweights (I am looking at you pacman.) Speaking pacman, in my scene, there is a rising pacman main and I almost took a game off of him like last stock, in 100% percents almost. Back to main topic: any combo to learn from up-throw and down-throw? mid percent, d-throw to nair or up air. and that all I know.

Hey, just melee inspired me to pick the hype king: Captain Falcon as a possible sub-main since luigi can handle the heavy to mid weights while falcon do the lightweights (I am looking at you pacman.) Speaking pacman, in my scene, there is a rising pacman main and I almost took a game off of him like last stock, in 100% percents almost. Back to main topic: any combo to learn from up-throw and down-throw? mid percent, d-throw to nair or up air. and that all I know.

You might be able to bait out an airdodge from either for a free knee, don't quote me on that

Also this

http://challonge.com/snag15smash4s

light and omegascizor were rob's Senpai was mario/roy/ i think link

PK fraud was a shiek that got challenged to use ness while not knowing how, hence the 2-0 in round 1

Mnster was something/tink, i have no idea who anybody else used