Current Team - Took Down Julia, Now on to Obsedia

CodeCass

So I just wrapped up taking down Julia last night and took my first steps into the Obsedia Slums. I was curious if I could get some opinions on my current team and if anyone could offer any suggestions on how to make them a little better or what to be on the look-out for in the future?

Quilladin (M) "Chester" Lvl 19

Ability: Overgrow

- Needle Arm

- Leech Seed

- Rollout

- Bite

Blitzle (M) "ThunderHorse" Lvl 18

Ability: Moter Drive

- Shock Wave

- Thunder Wave

- Charge

- Quick Attack

Kricketune (F) "Deeda" Lvl 19

Ability: Swarm

- Fury Cutter

- Struggle Bug

- Sing

- Bide

Meowth (M) "Neko" Lvl 19

Ability: Technician 

- Fury Swipes

- Bite 

- Fake Out

- Screech

Mightyena (M) "Malo" Lvl 18

Ability: Moxie

- Snarl

- Bite

- Roar

- Oder Sleuth

Pidove (M) "Fasan" Lvl 17

Ability: Super Luck

- Air Cutter

- Quick Attack

- Growl 

- Leer

Still a work in progress for sure. Some of the boxed mons I have are:

Pansear, Numel, Trubbish, and Igglybuff. 

Thinking about swapping out either Mightyena or Kricketune for Pansear or Numel, but can't decide! 

Any and all help or suggestions is very much appreciated! Having a great time with this newest Episode! 

Numel was useful for sure in the first few gyms. I dunno I'd swap out meowth since I'm not a fan of normal types, but technician-boosted fake out is gud too. If it's one of the two options you gave, I'd vote for swapping with kricketune.

I'd give kricetune technician (makes fury cutter amazing) and keep him till after florina. I would suggest switching out mightyena for numel or slugma (which you can get as soon as you get to the arcade before florinas gym). Trubbish can also be really nice with toxic spikes.

Later, you'll have to confront Kiki and most importantly Shelly who became insanely strong with the last episode. You're best asset to deal with them would be Talonflame with Gale Wings, you'll be able to catch it in the grass around Beryl Cemetery. If you manage to get Acrobatics with Fletchling at level 39 and then decrease and increase its level to get Talonflame, you'll get through their gym safe and sound. Otherwise, both Trubbish and Stunky are good mons because of Acid Spray which is available very early in the game. I personally used Acid Spray/Flamethrower with my Skuntank to deal with Shelly in my Dark Monorun. No sweat 😉

Edited by Q-Jei

You should probably swap out Numel for Meowth, as Numel with Flame Burst/Lava Plump can do tons of damage. Swap out Blizle for Trubbish/Stunky.

Reason: Numel would perform better than Meowth, and Slugma might be an option (However, most/all of Florinia's pokemon knows Nature Power, which turn into Sand Tomb (or something) making slugma not so good of a choice). Stunky/Trubbish would do well with Toxic Spikes+Acid Spray while Blitzle would faint to Sand Tomb (s). Mightyena with Moxie is good, and Kricketune with Technician and fury cutter would perform well. Pidove is immume to ground attacks, and could survive at least a few turns. Keep your starter. Or, if you have, use igglybuff with misty terrain to change the field (I recommend for Cradily).