Trying to Work in Corey's Nidorina and/or Porygon

CodeCass

Hey guys and gals. Could use a little help! I found Corey's Nidorina last night and she joined the group, as did Porygon. Story wise, I'm attempting to storm the Doctor's building in Lapis Ward to get Heather. I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out who to swap out for one or both of these two new mons. Here's what I'm currently working with:

IMG_2198.JPG

Chesnaught: Level 36

Ability: Bulletproof

- Seed Bomb

- Bite

- Rollout

- Spikey Shield

Helioptile: Level 36

Ability: Dry Skin

- Parabolic Charge

- Electric Terrain

- Bulldoze

- Thunder Wave

Staryu: Level 36

Ability: Natural Cure

- BubbleBeam

- Brine

- Psywave

- Recover

Growlithe: Level 36

Ability: Justified

- Flamethrower

- Close Combat

- Take Down

- Reversal

Persian: Level 35 - Quick Claw

Ability: Technician 

- Fake Out

- Power Gem

- Bite

- Swift

Unfezant: Level 36

Ability: Super Luck

- Air Cutter

- Air Slash

- Detect

- Roost

Thanks so much for any and all help friends. It's greatly appreciated! 

I'm not an expert, but I think Fasan can maybe sit out, as I remember there was a lot of electric types here.

Also, if you can, teach Nidorina toxic spikes, it's a good move! Then again, I'm no expert

Edited by Drakka

11 minutes ago, Drakka said:

I'm not an expert, but I think Fasan can maybe sit out, as I remember there was a lot of electric types here.

Also, if you can, teach Nidorina toxic spikes, it's a good move! Then again, I'm no expert

Thanks for the response! Oh she'll for sure learn Toxic Spikes! haha. I'm thinking at least for this quest I'll swap her in for Fasan. I've never used Nidoqueen before so it'll be interesting. I also forgot to go grab Crogrunk, so I'll need to work him into the rotation as well eventually! haha. 

Just now, Drakka said:

Sucker punch is a godsend from Crogrunk

That's what I've heard! Shade has always been my Reborn wall that causes me no end of grief every playthrough. Hoping Sucker Punch Frog might be able to help with that soon! Haha

Personally I would swap out one of your 3 normal types for Nidorina. Or swap both Persian and Helioptile for Nidorina and Porygon. One of the two that I listed is definitely a solid idea. Although, adding Porygon without getting rid of a normal type is just asking for trouble from Kiki.

16 minutes ago, MintMan said:

Personally I would swap out one of your 3 normal types for Nidorina. Or swap both Persian and Helioptile for Nidorina and Porygon. One of the two that I listed is definitely a solid idea. Although, adding Porygon without getting rid of a normal type is just asking for trouble from Kiki.

Thanks! I was honestly thinking of swapping in Nidorina with either Persian or Growlithe since Growlithe hasn't really been that great of a team-member honestly. I haven't done a whole lot of research to see if Porygon is even a viable option really. Would you suggest holding off on Porygon and maybe bringing in Nidorina and Crogunk instead for a bit? The bad thing is all 3 normal types have put in tons of work so far and I've been constantly impressed with Persian since it evolved. I can see where having so many Normal types may be a problem in the coming areas though. 

if your growlithe has flash fire then keep it

its movepool is great 

with outrage, extremespeed and close combat, this thing can be a god send

especially in charlotte’s fight

1 hour ago, CodeCass said:

I haven't done a whole lot of research to see if Porygon is even a viable option really. Would you suggest holding off on Porygon..

Porygon itself is mediocre. For now I would hold off. By the time you reach the upgrade i would say porygon 2 is certainly worth it. With evolite the thing is unkillable. Evolite is unavailable until you each dive, but even without it porygon 2 is a great mon, with decent bulk and a mostly solid movepool. Signal beam and discharge make for great coverage and recover for support. I would replace one of the normal types later down the line, probably persian

5 minutes ago, HahnSolo said:

Porygon itself is mediocre. For now I would hold off. By the time you reach the upgrade i would say porygon 2 is certainly worth it. With evolite the thing is unkillable. Evolite is unavailable until you each dive, but even without it porygon 2 is a great mon, with decent bulk and a mostly solid movepool. Signal beam and discharge make for great coverage and recover for support. I would replace one of the normal types later down the line, probably persian

This makes a lot of sense. I'll hold of on it for now then and see what magic I can work with Crogunk and Nidorina!