L'Belle

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Eviora

There's no contradiction in my comment. I was explaining the situation, which happens to have two sides.

In simpler terms I said "We don't need to lynch him. The Vigilante will kill him anyway". --> Meaning, Knightly will never see D2 either way.

If nothing else, I reminded the vigilante that they can kill Knightly during the night, without any drawback.

However it appears that @andracass @Mr. Knightly and @Mazino Divergent decided to interpret that comment as pure support for the Jester lynch.

Yet, I never casted a vote.

As for the comment on "In the later stages, the Jester is more likely to side with mafia".

As townfolk diminish, the need to lynch mafia (not 3rd party) becomes progressively greater. So, in case of a LyLo, all mafia members will vote for the Jester, the jester himself will notice and help them in their cause. It's simple. 

Let's check the previous pages once more. We might have missed something.

@Caimie

ToS is way too fast paced compared to here. The only way you'd soft-claim as jester would be as mafia to make town avoid dealing with you, and that in the case of a vig not being able to shoot you or jailor wasting a night on you. Here, I don't know why Knightly did it. He was trying to appeal to emotion to get an easy win, but that's Lykos's strategy and we've been fooled one too many times by that in the past. Losing someone whose role is essentially to be Sosobean is not bad per se. 

@Paul25 

Knightly will use everything possible to protect his alignment when mafia. He will fake-claim about his role, the number of people alive in his alignment, and everything else he can think of. He's been the sacrificial goat before. However here, it makes no sense to do so on D1. It's more likely he is indeed the Jester, yet he gambled that we'd be complacent and let him have his way so easily, since later on it will become harder to have town co-operate on such a goal. As Dive has said, we shouldn't be complacent. Let the Vig load their gun.

Venus tends to switch his vote around quite often. So his early vote on Knightly doesn't really mean anything to me. 

[VoteX2] Purplecicada 

4 hours ago, Psychic Bean Sheep said:

why are we believing he is the jester

what if Iam a jester too

what if you are a jester in disguise

There's literally no point to fakeclaiming Jester, unless if you're hoping to get the opposite reaction i.e not get lynched as scum, but that's a very flimsy reason to fakeclaim.

4 hours ago, Psychic Bean Sheep said:

I beleive We Should Look into who voted for who from the previous day

I'm god

From that

I wish to hear from 

[eliminate] JACE STORMKIRIN

Any particular reason to this vote?

Also, I'm requesting more of your thoughts and not simply empty chatter.

41 minutes ago, NickCrash said:

Let's check the previous pages once more. We might have missed something.

@Caimie

ToS is way too fast paced compared to here. The only way you'd soft-claim as jester would be as mafia to make town avoid dealing with you, and that in the case of a vig not being able to shoot you or jailor wasting a night on you. Here, I don't know why Knightly did it. He was trying to appeal to emotion to get an easy win, but that's Lykos's strategy and we've been fooled one too many times by that in the past. Losing someone whose role is essentially to be Sosobean is not bad per se. 

@Paul25 

Knightly will use everything possible to protect his alignment when mafia. He will fake-claim about his role, the number of people alive in his alignment, and everything else he can think of. He's been the sacrificial goat before. However here, it makes no sense to do so on D1. It's more likely he is indeed the Jester, yet he gambled that we'd be complacent and let him have his way so easily, since later on it will become harder to have town co-operate on such a goal. As Dive has said, we shouldn't be complacent. Let the Vig load their gun.

Venus tends to switch his vote around quite often. So his early vote on Knightly doesn't really mean anything to me. 

[VoteX2] Purplecicada 

What are your thoughts on purplecicada?

Also, if I might come off as too serious or mean for wanting to not lynch Knightly, I think getting an easy win just like that from claiming is unfair because winning should be earned, not just gotten circumstantially. Also, I think we shouldn't be complacent and just rely on other people and night actions to get us by. Day Phase does exist for us to discuss and decide.

There isn't much new to add. Venus and her are having their personal back-and-forth almost seeming like spam, but I believe she is the one to fuel the fire for Venus's claims, in other words manipulating him on the grounds of their relationship to seem like she's getting town cred from her contributions, whilst not actually providing anything. She didn't award the vote to Knightly straight away, but ultimately seemed to be convinced by his plea to be given the win. I am not sure how to interpret that, but on it's own it's not indicative of anything.

Normally that would not be enough for me to vote-for-lynch, but she appears to be actively trying to change her playstyle, which raises some (if not red) yellow flags. In previous games in which she was mafia or 3rd-party, she kept interaction to a minimum. She was posting just as much as what would avoid a warning, and giving votes seemingly randomly. When she was town, she was posting a bit more, yet again not too much, because as a person she is not confident on her abilities to read others's minds and thus alignment. Only when she's absolutely convinced someone is scum does she push. Here, she is going for the ultra-active approach, which in my opinion is an active effort to convince she's town, thus warranting my vote on grounds of suspicion.

tl;dr the spam itself is not suspicious, but when it's coming from a person that usually barely says anything, it deserves more attention

As for the statement about earning the win and receiving it on a silver platter, I'll refer everyone to my previous post regarding the vigilante.

Had I been the Jester, I would try to make it seem as if I was scum and "accidentally" slipped. I would make town feel like they've caught me.

I would probably have focused on Eviora who seems to be on my throat since D1, and thus got a win this way. Maybe wait till D2 before I make my move.

@NickCrash "Here, she is going for the ultra-active approach, which in my opinion is an active effort to convince she's town, thus warranting my vote on grounds of suspicion"

I'm confused by your post. Initially, you're pointing out why purplecicada is suspicious, but in the above line, you're pointing out that she appears towny, but you're voting her. Care to explain this?

• Global Mods

Smh. I’m just trying to keep things interesting. If I’m not actually contributing much, then I am sorry. It’s just not really easy to scum hunt on the first day for me. why do I always get D1’d this isn’t fair ;w;

@purplecicada

NGL but that's simply defeatist behavior and you're maybe trying to earn sympathy through guilt-tripping, which is hardly find is helping your case.

Can you talk about what you think about people? Any specific things that stood out to you? I think we could somewhere with that direction in mind. The same questions go to you too @Bok Choi

• Global Mods

Well. Whilst I initially townread her, I must say I’m a little bit skeptical on Evi’s question about roleclaiming a specific character. It’s just a little hunch but I’m not willing to follow up with it just yet, because maybe this is a normal strat for her. Nothing else is really standing out to me as it stands.

@Jace Stormkirk

I don't see how being roleblocked is exactly connected with not being able to say anything. What I'm asking is not related to your night ability or anything like that. I'd like to know if there were any posts or behavior that stood out to you.

Not sure what you're going with Alaris. Care to elaborate?

Also, what do you mean by protecting my own and possibly insinuating that I am mafia? Could you elaborate also?

i just pinged alaris so he does not get auto kicked 

as for you in the witch court mafia you put up a spectacular defense of you fellow mafia (me) and this seems like how you did it tho i am not sure if you are protecting mr. knightly or nick

@Jace Stormkirk

I don't see why you're comparing this to Witch Court. The circumstances were very different? Mr. Knightly openly claimed Jester?

I'm not protecting Knighly. If you've missed it, I believe it's more appropriate to have him killed by the vigilante rather than being lynched. I don't see how I'm protecting Nick when clearly I'm not and he's not even in any heat. Your weird accusation feels scummy based on tone, how its worded, and the misrepresentation imo.

• Global Mods

I'm kind of suspicious of Jace at the moment, to be honest. He seems to be nervous and is bringing up stuff that seems irrelevant to this game. Just the vibe I'm getting.

Well I don't think I've seen Nicki last past the first day or two, and I haven't read past games much, so I don't think I can judge accurately.

That being said, your arguments are echoed by a lot of people. As I said before, the only thing keeping me from eliminating Nicki is the math. I wouldn't risk mislynching one of us when we can get rid of someone who is for sure not on our side. He's literally asking to be lynched.

Also Jace?? If I understood that correctly, what makes you think Dive and Alaris are working together?

im just pointing things out that i have noticed cause i have been watching how your play style is evolving and this is one the the things i have noticed

these are just things ive noticed and every time i ever say anything i end up being lynched and that is why i usually wait till i got solid evidence till i say anything

and bok i never said alaris and dive are working together

Oh jk I'm wrong again, sorry for double post. Alaris is a juror, isn't he.

In that case, I don't get your point Jace, the only person Dive could be protecting  (and I don't think Dive is trying to protect anyone) is Mr Knightly, who at this point I assume is who he says he is because nobody has counter claimed.

• Global Mods

I want to make it past the first couple of days. 😠

Don't just lynch someone because their posts aren't contributory. I can't provide a solid argument as to why you shouldn't lynch me because there's nothing to defend myself with at this present time.