[Town Wins!] Danganronpa: Life Keeps Killing Mafia

L'Belle

Ok i have read all the messages and i want to answer at what Nick said. No, no one roleblocked me last night. Also i agree that the vigilante should shoot to Knightly to be honest and also it's a bit difficult to understand who can be mafia with all these posts (at least for me). Well, i will follow my instincts and i will vote Nicki, I apologize already from now if at the end we will discover that you're town.

[Vote] purplecicada

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@LykosHand Dang you read that fast 😃. I can't really blame you for your current choice of action but it is sad that third party can't try to help town without being killed. By town no less!!! Also it seems strange to me that everyone is insisting that the vigilante shoot me. Why do I need to die by bullet so bad? Can't we just wait and maybe hang me later? I could save the town for all you know. It seems to me the mafia would suggest shooting me so that 1. I can't help town and 2. the vigilante doesn't end up shooting them. Food for thought. 

Also for everyone who says this is not what jester do so I shouldn't win please direct your chagrin to NickCrash who suggested hanging the jester in the first place. And really what makes what I did not a valid strategy? Why is everyone allergic to my help?

Edited by Mr. Knightly

Okay. Some time has passed, and nothing has happened to change my mind. Therefore:

[Eliminate] Purplecicada

(If it's any consolsation, I feel a bit guilty about this. xD )

Just to clarify this.

When I first asked Venus if he has no problems with being lynched, I was just asking whether he'd claim jester or not.

I wasn't offering to hang him.

Sorry I must have misunderstood what you meant.

On 6/4/2018 at 4:05 PM, NickCrash said:

do you happen to be the Jester? Would you mind being lynched during the day?

But even if you were offering to lynch the jester, why would that be such a bad thing? Why is it that only jester who play a specific way "deserve" to win. I helped you guys and you decided to kill me. But you won't let me win either no I have to lose. Why? Why must I get shot? I have shone my willingness and ability to help the town. I don't see why it so important that I lose. The people who stand to benefit most from my death are the mafia. Don't do their job for them. 

Anyway I am cool, sorry if I come off as aggressive or anything I don't mean to aim what I say personally at anyone, and I won't hold it against anyone if I lose. Sorry if I have offended or said something unkind in my frustration I of course did not mean it I am just trying to play to game to the best of my abilities, and I know everyone else is too. Please don't hold things I might say in this game (a game based around manipulation) against me personally. If you hate jester me I could live with that.

@Mr. Knightly Yup i'm fast lul. Well don't worry about that, you don't have to apologize. Also, from what i saw you didn't offend anyone, don't worry ^^. 

However, even if by chance you will get lynched, it's not that you're helping the townies in my opinion. By doing so, you're giving one more day of life to the mafia. The same applies even if the vigilante will shoot you, you won't win of course, but even in this case you wouldn't help the townies (at least that's what i think).

To sum up, with the role you have you can't help the townies to win. But don't worry, there are some people who haven't voted yet, so we will see what will happen.

@LykosHand Ah good, I was afraid of coming off to strong but you have reassured me. I understand what you are saying but I wonder if I couldn't stay alive, help hang maf, and maybe get hung near then the end, but I guess that's not exactly for me to decide 😛

My thoughts are, if I should say, that we'll go with the Jester lynch. First, I'm not entirely surefire on the forming bandwagon against Nicki. Prove me wrong, but I don't really think Nicki is a mafia, and the wait continues until she speaks up more in her defense where some of us 'might' reconsider our choices.

Second, while somebody has been labeled as scum by the majority, I'm also gonna say that were it not for the quick establishment on whom to lynch today, people would still have abstained anyway. It's pretty much the same as lynching the Jester that doesn't really give too much of an impact other than another night for us.

Why do I want the Jester to be lynched today? Because I'm trying to play it safe, at a time where information is minimum and it's all decided on unwillingness and accusation. Even if his claim is clearly a dead giveaway, I think he earns the win for at least entertaining us with 'quirky humor', and how bad the method actually was. Knightly is basically raising a death flag upon himself for doing so, which I find very pitiful that he could've gotten a chance if he didn't.

And, at a time where most of us are voting Nicki, we still don't know who she is, until she roleclaims or just flips upon today's lynch. I doubt people will take their votes away now, as they are eager to know if their hunch is right. I have no real way of proving one's innocence and still be wrong, but I'd just like to believe that Nicki isn't a mafia, for now.

That said, [Eliminate] Mr. Knightly

• Veterans

If Nicki is mafia, I'd say she's probably Monokuma. If not, then she's probably Hifumi, since Hifumi's power only activates upon death.

I also think Candy's mafia- specifically, Mukuro. 

I'm suspecting Jace, too, but not as a specific character quite yet. Jace being mafia would also indicate that Alistair roleblocked him.

Current votals for you guys! 

Mr. Knightly (6) - Mr. Knightly, Purplecicada, Paul25, Bok Choi, Candy, Hypurr

Purplecicada (6) - NickCrash (Mayor), Venus, Mazino Divergent, Lykoshand, Eviora

Jace Stormkirk (1) - Psychic Bean Sheep

Candy (1) - Andracass

Abstaining (2) - Jace Stormkirk, Corso.

@Hypurr and @Paul25, you still need to post 1 time before the day ends in about 10 hours!

All that writing in defense of Nicki makes me suspect her and Hypurr more. If Nicki ends up being mafia, I'd say it's incredibly likely Hypurr is, too.

I don't like that the vote is currently tied, so let me offer some information about myself in an attempt to gain your trust. At the beginning of the game, I was told I was Sayaka. That's why I was trying to get others to claim the role. If three others claimed it, I would know one of them was lying, and likely mafia. Nicki's refusal to claim any role, even one as defensible as Sayaka, further increases my suspicion of her. I imagine she suspected I had some information about the Sayaka-affiliated roles and thought twice about claiming one. That's just my interpretation, though.

@L'Belle What happens if the vote ends in a tie?

@Corso In reference to your post in page 9, why are you abstaining? Are you perhaps trying to escape accountability for taking a stance?

@Mr. Knightly In reference to your last post on page 9, lynching you then having vigilante kill Nicki doesn't yield a good result. IMO the discussion on Nicki and the respective stances of different people helps one discern the alignments of people while doing what you want would simply negate discussion and put us in the same position as the start of this day.

I don't know why you're so adamant on saying that the Mayor was calling for the Jester's death when clearly he was giving a joke directed to Venus? 

What do you mean by Lykos and Corso? I find Lykos' posts villagery for now while I find Corso's stance and posts suspicious, but not enough to warrant a lynch in contrast to Nicki.

9 hours ago, andracass said:

If Nicki is mafia, I'd say she's probably Monokuma. If not, then she's probably Hifumi, since Hifumi's power only activates upon death.

I also think Candy's mafia- specifically, Mukuro. 

I'm suspecting Jace, too, but not as a specific character quite yet. Jace being mafia would also indicate that Alistair roleblocked him.

Where do you base this opinion from? Also, specifically why are you suspecting Candy?

27 minutes ago, Eviora said:

All that writing in defense of Nicki makes me suspect her and Hypurr more. If Nicki ends up being mafia, I'd say it's incredibly likely Hypurr is, too.

I don't like that the vote is currently tied, so let me offer some information about myself in an attempt to gain your trust. At the beginning of the game, I was told I was Sayaka. That's why I was trying to get others to claim the role. If three others claimed it, I would know one of them was lying, and likely mafia. Nicki's refusal to claim any role, even one as defensible as Sayaka, further increases my suspicion of her. I imagine she suspected I had some information about the Sayaka-affiliated roles and thought twice about claiming one. That's just my interpretation, though.

@L'Belle What happens if the vote ends in a tie?

Opening post states that both players in a tie will be lynched.

@Mr. Knightly Considering a tie in votes leads to both players being lynched, I could accept both you and Nicki being lynched for this day, but just gonna say this, I don't really approve of your "strategy" for winning. It may be valid, but I find it such a lame and effortless way for a Jester to win.

Also, since the phase will be over while I'm asleep, just a word of advice to Mondo, don't shoot randomly. Town DOESN'T have better chances by relying on luck. Evaluate people from the outcome of this day and shoot someone whom you think is mafia based on their posts, votes, and stance. If you're not sure about anyone, abstain from shooting rather than leaving it to luck.

Omg, there remains a lot to read yet at least for me. Even If I read everything, I couldn't assess much of the things. I think Rereading especially thorough, is necessary.

Truth be told, I misinterpretted before and contradicted myself Dive. I had a thought in my mind earlier that Jester in this game would continue to live after being lynched by us until the game ends. Fallacy came to light once I checked the role info. ATM. My apologies for interacting silly again 😞 

Hmph, so far we are preoccupied in the discussion about whether to provide Knightly a free win or not.

Meanwhile, Nicki's been scumleaned by most of us owing to her weird play-style.

Personally, I know it's not enough to accuse her however something is better than nothing.

I see, Nicki could be a potential Mafia too so I think I should be joining what Dive and their supporters opine, who're apparently townies and are good at deducing stuffs.

As for Knightly, I am perplexed but I have to decide what I should do. On one hand, he somehow assisted us. (just I don't know how) On the other hand, we have got an opportunity to lynch a potential maf.

Also, lynching Knightly could make us townies more vulnerable to death by making our lynch comparatively less useful. Right?

Also, I object and oppose that the vigilante should shoot particularly Knightly. I mean why not just let Knightly alive who possibly may assist us with scumhunting? Therefore initially, I suggest them to better shoot somebody based on their hunch in order to hunt down a potential maf.

I'm sorry Knightly, I regret to say that I won't lynch vote you considering, the potential lossess which we may suffer from subsequently.

Hence:

Unvote: Mr. Knightly

Eliminate : Nicki

@Mazino Divergent I appreciate that you don't mind me getting lynched. Please keep in mind this was not what I had originally planned on doing but like I said earlier I miss-understood what Nick said. I don't know Nick so what was an obvious joke to you I miss-understood. Also I will most certainly NOT play jester the same way in the future. For what it is worth I agree with your reads on Venus, Nick, and Hypurr, but I wouldn't count Eviora out yet. The way she waited to vote without telling us who she suspected and voting later when Nicki was gonna die no matter what isn't to suspicious by itself, but I think maybe she asked about the vote tying in the hope that it resulted in a no lynch. Also the mafia will try to elect one of their own and Eviora had more votes for a while and tried pretty hard to mayor. Also during that phase Nicki suggested that she thought Eviora could be town. Could be circumstantial but idk. Also I didn't mean to make a poor jester play. It was an honest attempt to help town and to achieve what we both wanted, but clearly I need to look before I leap.

@Paul25 That is okay I don't necessarily expect to win this time. The way I helped was that Nicki was in part revealed due to her responses to my claim (while she may have still been revealed this is what happened) and giving the role of myself reducing the numbers of players necessary to judge between. You don't have to vote me but if you do continue to vote me the votes will tie and Nicki and I will both be lynched. 

Edited by Mr. Knightly