Easy Mode

GriffinO1

Just now, Xtrack said:

No easy mode in the game your best bet would be to just improve your team. What gym leader are you struggling with? 

I’m struggling with Shelly but I have two fire types and Pokémon with rock moves.

6 minutes ago, Xtrack said:

Two pokemon I can recommend would be numel and emolga. Train emolga up to level 33 so it gets acrobatics and train numel up to evolution with rock slide. That should be able to do the trick. 

When do you get numel, cause I know it takes a long time to train up Pokémon.

It shows up beside the train station at the beginning of the game whenever its raining. I don't recall what level its at ,but since you've beaten Corey I believe trainers show up in grand hall who use much higher level pokemon that you can use to quickly level up. 

44 minutes ago, GriffinO1 said:

When do you get numel, cause I know it takes a long time to train up Pokémon.

It shows up next the train station, but only when its raining. If you train it up to level 30 or better and have it learn lava plume. Pair that with a fake out user (technician meowth, meowstic, lombre, makuhita, glameow, etc will do the job nicely), fake out the Illumise immediately, then set the field on fire with lava plume. It will make the battle DRASTICALLY easier. 

Edited by wcv

1 hour ago, wcv said:

It shows up next the train station, but only when its raining. If you train it up to level 30 or better and have it learn lava plume. Pair that with a fake out user (technician meowth, meowstic, lombre, makuhita, glameow, etc will do the job nicely), fake out the Illumise immediately, then set the field on fire with lava plume. It will make the battle DRASTICALLY easier. 

I did the same thing but with growling and it works for a bit and then the Araquanid that also has rain dance ruins everything.

1 hour ago, wcv said:

Maybe I should also get a Simisage.

2 hours ago, GriffinO1 said:

I did the same thing but with growling and it works for a bit and then the Araquanid that also has rain dance ruins everything.

Oh yeah that one. Hit it with rock or flying moves quick, and if you grab the Prankster Murkrow from the Aqua alley (which I think is available), and teach it Sunny Day from the Magma Gang questline you should be able to shut it down. And also set up better weather for fire type attacks.

Edit: Nevermind I just played through that section again and I was wrong. Sunny Day comes later in the game. Regardless however a flying type should be able to deal with Araquanid fairly fast. If you still need to get rid of the rain though you can try Castform, which learns Sunny Day at level 20.

Edited by wcv