Originality And Usage

The Fush

The OU metagame is centralized around only a few very powerful pokemon. If you want a sand sweeper, pick Excadrill. Anything else you pick will almost surely be outclassed. Similarly if you want a rain sweeper, look no further than Kingdra or Ludicolo. This leaves very little room to make an original team and still succeed on the ladder. What Smogon has done to fix these problems is ban all those pokemon that overcentralize the metagame, but since Reborn refuses to do that I don't foresee the OU ladder having any more variety in the near future.

I am not saying ban these broken pokemon, but you can't have it both ways. If you ban them, you get the variety you are looking for, but if you don't, then everyone will abuse those same 5-10 pokemon. You can't allow Excadrill/Kingdra in the tier and then be surprised that everyone is using them.

Fair point; which is exactly the reason why I agree so much with Xiph, and partly the reason why Clear Skies was implemented into Reborn.

OU on it's own feels rather dull. Thanks to your post, I've actually realized how much my examples stand OUTSIDE weather; if I was trying to show in an example, I wouldn't have anything. The best things in the OU tier are used the most often, and mostly because of weather. Clear Skies is a godsend in that department; that, and people really need to start playing other tiers.

...I still need to try out Ubers. I know it's actually a little populated, but hell, I haven't even tried it yet. Thanks for reminding me, but ANYWAY...

Not that I'm trying to say I hate weather; the general point of this thread is that it's nice to see something new once in a while.