That LoL Feel When...

Amethyst

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Renekton mid is actually P good. His lane bully potential lets him beat out a lot of the squishies in the lane. He has the issue of being melee of course, but a good gap closer and stun on passable cooldowns and with no resource cost help him get away with kills even if he struggles to farm. I feel assassins are in a pretty good place right now, and are especially common in soloQ, and Renekton does a good job of snowballing over them. He also does well against poke laners if you can manage your health vs. farm properly. Also personally I think Riven mid does just about everything Renekton mid does, but better. Fighter mids are a tad unusual but far from unviable. Thing is they don't generally bring the instant deletion potential of an assassin or mage. But if you've got enough mobility and snowball potential you can definitely make it work

And yes, in this case, it was a midlane Renekton. I shielded whenever he hopped on me and did a bunch of damage with my orbs as well as having a shield for most of his damage, then I just AA'd and tossed Qs at him whenever I could. Even got first blood by tossing an Ignite on him

Renekton mid is actually P good. His lane bully potential lets him beat out a lot of the squishies in the lane. He has the issue of being melee of course, but a good gap closer and stun on passable cooldowns and with no resource cost help him get away with kills even if he struggles to farm. I feel assassins are in a pretty good place right now, and are especially common in soloQ, and Renekton does a good job of snowballing over them. He also does well against poke laners if you can manage your health vs. farm properly. Also personally I think Riven mid does just about everything Renekton mid does, but better. Fighter mids are a tad unusual but far from unviable. Thing is they don't generally bring the instant deletion potential of an assassin or mage. But if you've got enough mobility and snowball potential you can definitely make it work

And yes, in this case, it was a midlane Renekton. I shielded whenever he hopped on me and did a bunch of damage with my orbs as well as having a shield for most of his damage, then I just AA'd and tossed Qs at him whenever I could. Even got first blood by tossing an Ignite on him

mid renek was a flavor of the month pick after seeing some play in the lcs, same with panth, although irelia probably outclasses all of them as a mid now being more consistent through the game overall