Which starter to take?

Virulas

I wanna start a new game but ive used each of the fire starters, now i wanna know which of the water or grass starters would be good to take and why?

Im already leaning towards 2 starters of each type;

Water: Mudkip and Oshawott

Grass: Turtwig and Snivy

Personally in terms of grass starters I always would pick bulbasaur, treecko, or snivy. Never was a fan of turtwig or oshawott and Snivy is a good pokemon in my opinion. He was my starter for White 2, White, and Volt White but between Mudkip and Oshawott, I'd go with Mudkip but since you have to battle Fern and Flornia who use grass type pokemon, Mudkip will put you at a disadvantage and might get one shotted by something like razor leaf or giga drain. Then again mudkip will be useful in the long run against the poison gym leaders.

Snivy, if you get the DW ability has the nice and broken leaf storm when it levels up and has some decent stall game until then. Torterra takes quite a while to learn some good moves and acquire the attack and bulkiness.

Swampert is better all around than samurott but samurott would probably be more fun.

Take Turtwig. At level (17?) it gets Curse, which turns it into an incredible physical tank, especially after you get Earthquake at 32. That's when a lot of ground types are getting Magnitude, so I'd say it's a pretty solid choice. Also, it learns Stone Edge to counter Flying types.

Anyone who knows me can predict my grass starter choice. Treecko, might not be the best choice early game, but trust me, once that bad boy reaches Sceptile hood, he's amazing. Mudkip is another great option, as for Fern and Flobot, you should have a nice Poison type by the time you fight Flobot anyway, and you wouldn't use a Water type against Grass types anyway, regardless how the 4x weakness. Mudkip would give you a nice immunity to Julia once it evolves into Marshstomp. Snivy could work too, assuming you get it with Contrary.

• 2 years later...

I mean you can get a fire type like cyndaquil ( I name it Mustang after the car ) so i say get a water type because water types reborn gives you in wild are GARBAGE especially since instead of magikarp they give you lumioneon and its baby form also grass types they give you are decent.