Team Spectacular

GriffinO1

I’d like to know the teams people used for Reborn. I used Typhlosion, Alolan Raichu, Simisage, Malamar, Greninja, Chesnaught, Cofagrigus (named Sparky after my late cat) and most recently I got a shiny Nidoking. Though I got him after the 16th gym and used a Donphan until then. If there’s already a specific post for this I’ll delete this.

Edited by GriffinO1

My team isn't that impressive. It consist of 3 sweepers (Charizard, Haxorus, Sceptile), 2 wall (Swampert, Excavalier) and a bonus / exp absorber (Linoone).

But I've been raising Lilligant, Bellosom, Gyarados, Lurantis (Waiting for superpower in E18), etc. I want to change my whole team but I don't know which one I'll bring, but I like Lilligant and she shall be in my new team.

Currently my team is Lucario, Scrafty, Greninja, Roserade, Haxorus and Volcarona. But I'm thinking about changing it honestly, maybe my new team will be Heracross, Gardevoir, Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Charizard and I'm keeping Greninja. @Angelkitsune, try putting all images of your team on spoilers, I think that way you don't run out of space.

28 minutes ago, UnicornJesus said:

Currently my team is Lucario, Scrafty, Greninja, Roserade, Haxorus and Volcarona. But I'm thinking about changing it honestly, maybe my new team will be Heracross, Gardevoir, Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Charizard and I'm keeping Greninja. @Angelkitsune, try putting all images of your team on spoilers, I think that way you don't run out of space.

err... what do you mean by spoilers sorry i still dont know the mechanics here 

edit:nevermind i found the spoiler button

Edited by Angelkitsune

On 7/25/2018 at 4:46 AM, UnicornJesus said:

Ferrothorn is bug steel right? That would give you a big disadvantage to any fire based stuff. I’d suggest using it as a backup party member.

10 minutes ago, GriffinO1 said:

Ferrothorn is bug steel right? That would give you a big disadvantage to any fire based stuff. I’d suggest using it as a backup party member.

He's grass/steel, but yes, he still takes 4x from fire. But I don't see it as a big disadvantage tho: it's not his purpose to be used against fire-type pokémons; and he has 9 resistances, one of which 1/4 (to grass), and one immunity (poison). I still think, despite that weakness, that he is a good pokémon. But if I find myself in too much trouble, I just might replace him by Roserade or Sceptile.

2 hours ago, UnicornJesus said:

He's grass/steel, but yes, he still takes 4x from fire. But I don't see it as a big disadvantage tho: it's not his purpose to be used against fire-type pokémons; and he has 9 resistances, one of which 1/4 (to grass), and one immunity (poison). I still think, despite that weakness, that he is a good pokémon. But if I find myself in too much trouble, I just might replace him by Roserade or Sceptile.

2 hours ago, UnicornJesus said:

Sceptiles good due to it being able to mega evolve eventually.

Edited by GriffinO1

On 7/25/2018 at 2:04 AM, Arys said:

My team isn't that impressive. It consist of 3 sweepers (Charizard, Haxorus, Sceptile), 2 wall (Swampert, Excavalier) and a bonus / exp absorber (Linoone).

But I've been raising Lilligant, Bellosom, Gyarados, Lurantis (Waiting for superpower in E18), etc. I want to change my whole team but I don't know which one I'll bring, but I like Lilligant and she shall be in my new team.

I would say that’s a decent team, though I’m not super experienced so don’t take my word for it. Do any of them learn final gambit?

4 hours ago, GriffinO1 said:

I would say that’s a decent team, though I’m not super experienced so don’t take my word for it. Do any of them learn final gambit?

No, I'm not sure how good Final Gambit in my pokemon since none of it is build for HP.

After quite a lot of tinkering post-E17, my current (final) team is:

Heracross (mega)

Rotom-Wash

Arcanine

Clefable

Empoleon

Salamence (starter)

I tend to run bulky offense because I play the game with Battle Style set to 'Set'. That said, I really like the offensive teams people post on the forum, and I bet they're fun to use.

3 hours ago, DevR said:

After quite a lot of tinkering post-E17, my current (final) team is:

Heracross (mega)

Rotom-Wash

Arcanine

Clefable

Empoleon

Salamence (starter)

I tend to run bulky offense because I play the game with Battle Style set to 'Set'. That said, I really like the offensive teams people post on the forum, and I bet they're fun to use.

How’d you get Salamence as a starter?

2 hours ago, GriffinO1 said:

How’d you get Salamence as a starter?

You can request specific starters in the Request-A-Mon-Thread for a new playthrough, or you can use some mods from the Mod market which let you select any mon when selecting your starter. Or you can always edit the game files yourself if you know how - saw a guy using a Shiny Arceus, Shiny Giratina, and a Shiny Lunala - all with perfect IVs today.

As AweKartik777 mentioned above, I used the 'Choose Starter Mod' to get Bagon as my starter. The 'debug menu' mod is another one that'll give you complete control over your Pokemon (and everything else, really), should you want that.