Congratulation Reborn. There no rules for the forum.

dorogon

• Administrators
[quote]#1 - Double/Triple/Quadruple Posting
I cannot tell you enough how annoying it is to see people do this without any real reason. Now it is completely understandable if you are trying to honestly revive a topic, but most of the time that's not what happens. What I see is people posting, then going back a few minutes later to add a thought. There is an Edit button, edit your previous post instead of making two or three new posts that are just one liners. I ask you now to remember to edit and if you don't I'll be editing the posts myself.

#2 - Conversations
There will be two or three people that are consistently posting back and forth and again there are some situations where this is allowable. But again those situations are rarely the cause. People will post back and forth with only a few minutes between each post, clearly watching the thread to jump at replying. On top of that the posts are usually short, like one sentence long. If you are going to post 10 times in the span of 5 minutes with a total length of only 11 sentences, go somewhere else to have your conversation like PO or some other client. Don't clog the forum with posts you could text on your phone in a matter of seconds. Again, if you fail to do this I'll just edit the conversations into a single post or outright delete them.

#3 - One-Liners
Now this one is a little more difficult to enforce and there is no clear line for it. What I'm talking about is when you post a single sentence or something that's just one or two words. I was personally raised under the internet etiquette that when you post, it should contribute to the topic. When someone just posts "lol Awesome lol," I cringe and attempt to reach through my screen to strangle the post. Sometimes you can just post a little blurb that is only one sentence. What is important is that it is relevant and not posting for the sake of posting.

#4 - Proper Topic
This is something that isn't really a problem, but should still be addressed. People have posted in topics that didn't have any relevance to what they wanted to post about. This happens because either a) there was no appropriate topic or b ) there was an appropriate topic but they didn't look very hard. If it's the first one, go ahead and make a topic about it. It's always refreshing to see people starting new topics to spread the discussions out over the entire forum. A good example of this is the discussions on the Gym Leaders and the investigations, even if I'm not really involved in it. Try to find the correct topic or create your own. And in the same vein as this, if you have something brief but important to add to core topics like the rules, feel free to contact staff so we can edit the original post with your new information. It's fine for people who have done this already since they are contributing. I merely want to do this to keep such topics down to a few posts for organization.

#5 - Proper Grammar
This should be pretty straight forward. Think before you type. As someone who enjoys to read and the English language in general, I will throttle you. This means posts such as "lol u r funnez lol plz post moar lol." See that makes me scream bloody murder. And then beyond obvious things like that, just read through your post before submitting for errors. I've written long posts before and missed things like typing "an" instead of "and" and that's just a good habit anyway. Respect your language people![/quote]
Courtesy of Knight. You are correct in that they should be more readily available though.