Why is this game so dark?

SwagamanJaro

• Administrators

Okay first of all, 10/10 for the misleading but not-actually-misleading title; I read it and expected a topic about the story of the game, when in reality you were completely literal, so you got me with that.

Now, on topic, yeah, it gets really dark and such but unfortunately there's nothing Ame can do about that iirc. The street lights were an attempt but they aren't very helpful, and during a thunderstorm I know that feel, it's killer. If you absolutely must, I would second Spade's suggestion of changing the time on your computer so it's never night time, or, at least not late night.

Okay first of all, 10/10 for the misleading but not-actually-misleading title; I read it and expected a topic about the story of the game, when in reality you were completely literal, so you got me with that.

Now, on topic, yeah, it gets really dark and such but unfortunately there's nothing Ame can do about that iirc. The street lights were an attempt but they aren't very helpful, and during a thunderstorm I know that feel, it's killer. If you absolutely must, I would second Spade's suggestion of changing the time on your computer so it's never night time, or, at least not late night.

Alright spade didn't think of that thanks.

LOL I honestly noticed it but I was way to lazy to type something else. Especially since I knew it would be clear once you entered the thread. I didn't think i would like this game but I actually like it a lot. Im not a grinder but the whole searching for pokemon thing is awesome. Plus was a good amount of trainers, it's just that I burned through a lot of them with only my snivy which was bad lol. I love what some of the trainers say.

• 2 weeks later...

Now, on topic, yeah, it gets really dark and such but unfortunately there's nothing Ame can do about that iirc.

The fun thing about that is, the wiki has an article request on day/night cycle programming. There must be a variable that controls rain lighting somewhere, too... I wish I had coding experience.

• 4 months later...

I know necroposts are generally frowned upon, but i just wanted to throw in my two cents. Its been night and raining for me pretty much perpetually, starting just a bit after I finished the first gym. I'm just at the double battle infront of the third PULSE. This forest is impossible to see in now. I tried playing at 3 pm, 11 pm, 11 am, always dark and raining. sometimes its dusky for a few minutes before it goes back to night.

Edited by Rhysandphal

Your computer's clock is likely resetting itself. Also, change the date until it is not a rainy/stormy day. You can set it forward or back as you wish. Just try different dates until you find a good one.

I had this issue when I first played, but v10 of the game made it much better.

• Administrators

(For the record posting in a dead topic is fine so long as you actually contribute something, no worries)

Obligatory question- have you tried leaving the area after you change the time and then going back? Switching even one map, I mean.

• 2 years later...

The only time the darkness has been a problem for me is when I was trying to lower the Nuzleafs' gate in the Jungle. When it's dark I could NOT find the cave entrances. I had to look up Lostelle's video to even see where they were supposed to be and then I could find them. Otherwise, it's never been too big an issue.