Overrated, Underrated, and Hated

N8theGr8

Kind of irrelevant, but not really.  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which form of weather do you think is best?

• Sandstorm
    • Sun
    • Rain
    • Hail (inb4novotes)

I saw this topic on the P.O. Forums and I thought it was pretty cool. What Pokemon do you think really were overrated this Generation, and which do you think were underrated, AND which Pokemon gets under your skin more than anything? A short description as to why you think so is not necessary but preferred.

[b]Overrated[/b]:
~Ononokusu: Sure, he gets 147 attack, but he just isn't as threatening as we all thought. He's a great Scarf user, but there's better Scarf users out there (Shandera) and there's better Dragon Dancers out there (Salamence). He looked amazing on paper, but in practice, he really isn't the monster we all thought he would have been.

~Zoroark: He's really, [i]really[/i] easy to tell over what he's disguised as. You just have to pay attention to how much damage he's taking from entry hazards, the moves he's using, and why the opponent would switch him in in the first place. If someone's switching in a "Genosect" against Blaziken, there's something wrong. It just makes you use your head.

[b]Underrated[/b]
~Porygon2: With the new, shiny Evolution Stone, you'd expect Porygon2 to become a top-tier defensive Pokemon. But he's not. In fact, I rarely see the poor guy at all! Trace is a great ability, He gets BoltBeam coverage, he's got awesome defensive stats, AND he's got a great support movepool. So why isn't he used more often?

~Mew: Going by Beta and /tr/ usage stats, Mew is UU right now. That's right, an Uber Pokemon last generation with access to one of the largest movepools in the game is UU. WHY? Mew's awesome, and his amazing movepool could easily be taken advantage of. He's like a Smeargle that can actually take a hit! So where are you, Mew?

[b]Hated[/b]
~Erufuun: ...Do I even need to explain myself? Priority Paralyze, Leech Seed, AND Substitute is just flat out annoying. Luckily, Nattorei rapes this guy's face, so that's not much of a problem. But if I didn't have Nattorei on my team right now...UGH.

~Shandera: Giving an already good Pokemon a flat out broken ability isn't fair. Shadow Tag takes all prediction out of the game because it allows Shandera to pick off whatever it wants and then runs. And I don't like that. They're actually discussing banning Shadow Tag Shandera from Standard play on the P.O. Forums solely because of how broken he is.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinions:

[b][u]OVERRATED[/u][/b]
Zoroark: While many people just throw it on a team and prepare to play mind games, that's hardly how it works. You have to prepare it carefully, as an observant opponent may notice things, (ie taking damage from spikes when it's a levitating Pokemon). And of course, he lacks pure, brute force, and his movepool is meager at best. I have seen only a few people use him well.

Urugamosu: OMG, it can use Calm Mind and boost its speed all in one move! It can take a special hit! It already has good stats! Oh huh, it's already half dead from Stealth Rocks. I guess it's not so threatening after all :D. Yeah, stealth ROck was [i]the[/i] defining move of the previous metagame. While the loss of it being a TM hinders it, don't expect to see it go away. And that of course, seals Urugamosu's fate. Such was the reason Moltres never made it to OU, Rocks were just that big of a hindrance. And if they have Spikes as well, that's even more of your health depleted. And if you're using Life Orb, well, you'll be dead quite fast. So while not every team uses Stealth Rocks, the thought of it maye make people not use Urugamosu, once they realize all of this.

[b][u]UNDERRATED[/u][/b]
Kobaruon: Many people don't really give it credit for waht it can really do. With good physical bulk, it can easily take a neutral hit or two in the physically dominant metagame, and either strike back with Swords Dance to boost its offensive prowess, or use supporting moves to benefit the team. Also, his steel typing is rather crucial when dealing with the flood of dragons, or Ononokusu in particular.

Goruugo: This may seem like an especially weird choice. But in my opinion and experience, Goruugo can be a fearsome threat. Dynamicpunch with no Guard is the most obvious thing when scanning through his movepool, and it is a good one indeed. While lacking STAB, the 100 base power of the move can make up for it, and when combined with Ston Edge and Earthquake, makes a fearsome trifecta of attacks, hindered be a small problem: his speed. HOw to deal with this? The most obvious way is to boost it, and Rock Polish is a good choice, skyrocketing its speed to where few Pokeon who do not also have boosted speed can touch it.

[b][u]HATED[/u][/b]
Shandera: Burn in hell, you gay fucking chandelier. As I'm sure you all know, Shadow Tag is an extremely deadly ability, and makes Shandera a great revenge killer. But no, GameFreak decided to have a mental lapse. They gave the thing enourmous special attack, and workable speed. Really, you want to have the one of the strongest special attackers in this physically based metagame, have Shadow Tag? REALLY? I have nothing more to say

Ditto: Ditto, you can go and throw yourself off a cliff, then burn in the netherworld, then be Reborn and sliced to a thousand pieces. God. What happens when you've worked hard to bring about a cleverly planned sweep? It works! Oh wait, Ditto exists :D. As long as you don't have a Sub up, Ditto an freely come in and snatc your boosts, then outspeed you with a Scarf and kill you, then use "your own Pokemon" to sweep you. FU-

[size=4]Overrated[/size]
Erufuun-Its gay as hell,has access to Mischievous heart and non priority moves.It does have up sides like subseeding on Hydration Vaporeon but is walled by"Master fetish".

Ononkusu-pffffffffft that thing hits hard with DD and SD.It even got Reversal which hurts like hell if you let it have its way.scarf Ono However is just pure rape up the ass, Banded Ono is good but when you really wanna kill something or the last 3 pokemon, Scarf beats band.

Zoroark:.......Im for one find him as an effective lead, This thing is just so easy to detect if in hands of a Noobs.Seriously you set him out disguise as an Snorlax when I have something with Close combat.
His Moveset is Zetta bad but quite versatile with Sword dance,Nasty plot and Agility.

[size=4]Underrated[/size]
Heracross:This thing is just one bad ass revenge killer now with EQSpiral and unlike Pinsir It gets dual stab and resistance to alot of things.Seriously this thing is just hard to stop once its gets going.

Altaria:Cloud Nine cancels out Rain,sun,ect and acts like its not even there. Also Altaria can take a damn hit pretty nicely despite being the weakest DD user around the Metagame.

[size=4]Hated[/size]
Ditto?Ditto!? DITTO!!!:BURN IN HELL WITH GAMEFREAK'S LOGIC YOU FKING MANWHORE!!!!

Shandera:Gay,it takes the fun out of things like Wobbuffet did but with monsterous Sp Attack.

I'm the only one who really doesn't use stat boosts as part of my strategy... and I still don't like ditto.

Underrated-

Blastoise- Mirror coat makes it a surprise counter to the careless Jarooda or arrogant electric type. And ice beam does a good job of chopping the obligatory dragon down to size and can take out a number of grass types (especially if they're not terribly offensive ones). It's surf does a good amount of damage to most pokemon and along with his bulk, can really put the hurting on a number of troublesome newcomers (shandera, the mole, waruvial) and set up a revenge kill. Just watch out for nattorei.

Overrated-
Shandera? My team does few things better than killing fire, ground, flying and rock types and isn't particularly vulnerable to the other attacks its has used against me so. But that's just my team.

Urugamomoomo.... uh, that fire bug one. my team seems overprepared to take it out. see ^^

Wildcard-

Torterra. often a disappointment, it has pulled through for me often enough as well. it's role on my team is too reliant on my opponent's team.

[quote name='Geo' post='6944' date='Nov 23 2010, 01:21 PM'][size=4]Hated[/size]
Ditto?Ditto!? DITTO!!!:BURN IN HELL WITH GAMEFREAK'S LOGIC YOU FKING MANWHORE!!!![/quote]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/StarstormVGN/Pokemon/geo.png[/img]

lolwut?

Star,I dont think you remember since your a forum person now.Well in the 4th gen I had Breloom for the league and I never liked it nor used it outside the league Infact I had a raging passion for it.Thats exactly the case here as well, I hate Ditto more then Breloom now,Its not going be used outside the League unless I'm practicing.

• Administrators
[u]Overrated:[/u]

Doryuuzu- IS GOING TO DEFINE THE METAGAME. No. No, it's not. Kingdra is a bigger problem than Doryuuzu, and I don't care because I use Kingdra. >.>; Mr. Mole keels over against priority and its attack power isn't even THAT great before Swords Dance, which it can never get in, because it doesn't have the time before something comes in and kills it!

Urugumasu- Yes, it has all the right stats to play mean with Butterfly Dance and Flame Dance and yet? It manages to get KO'd all preeeetty easily anyway. I don't even know why. Actually, I do know why, it's because I play rain with Aqua Jet, but that aside, I don't even know why, this thing more often that not seems to be dead weight.

[u]Underrated:[/u]

Sharpedo- Hi. What? We have Speed Boost now. Yeah, you didn't know? Not only do we have speed boost, we have pretty good attack and even a decent move-pool to make use of it. What's up? Blaziken's all over the place, with its Baton Pass and 120 power recoil moves left and right, and, oh, it gets KO'd by an Aqua Jet.

Every Other Mischievous Heart User- Except Choroneko, since Leperadasu naturally trumps it. And Other excludes the already OU Erufuun. Murkrow is now the prime Perish Trapper. Sabeleye manages Priority Recover with no weaknesses. Leperadasu gets Swagger-induced Parafusion to boost Trickery. Volbeat is now a prime tail-glow passer. Everything has a use.
No, Riolu doesn't have Mischievous Heart, shut up.

[u]Hated:[/u]
Jarooda- My team is 5/6ths water. Please understand how much Jarooda makes me want to shoot myself in the face.
Voltolos- My team is 5/6ths water. Please understand how much Voltolos makes me want to shoot myself in the face.

[quote]Kingdra is a bigger problem than Doryuuzu,[/quote]

Sorry, but kind of like the entire portion of rain teams, Kingdra is not a problem simply because of Nattorei's epic typing. Plus, Nattorei [i]enjoys[/i] the rain because it cuts back on his Fire weakness. Doryuuzu is a Pokemon that just needs one turn, and if it gets in that one turn, it'll sweep half (or more) of your team. ...Oh, and you say priority KILLS it? No, no it doesn't. Lucario's Vacuum Wave (SUPER EFFECTIVE STAB PRIORITY), will [i]never[/i] 1HKO this mole without a crit. Kingdra isn't a problem because its only physical Dragon move is Outrage, which means any steel type can come in and set up while it's raging. And if you're running a Special Kingdra, you don't have any way to boost outside of Choice Specs. He [i]is[/i] overrated, as my super awesome Balloon Blaziken destroys him. It's funny, too, because half the time people try and EQ Blaziken even after it says "BLAZIKEN IS FLOATING IN THE AIR" or whatever the Balloon text is. He isn't going to define the metagame simply because if you look, there is way too many counters to this mole. A simple SKARMORY is able to stop this mole and phaze it. But the problem is, if you're not packing anything specially designed for it, Doryuuzu comes in, sets up, and sweeps without question.

Now...for a little more for me to add.

[b]Overrated[/b]
~Erufuun: I said he was hated last time, but now I realize: He's [i]not[/i] that hard to stop. I use him now, and people just say: Oh no, it's a priority SubSeeder! Oh wait, [i]any grass type[/i] laughs in its face and sets up. Got a Nattorei? Got a Sceptile? Got a Jarooda? Come in on this SubSeeding faggot and take the free turn. I honestly don't get what's the problem when any grass type counters it without question. That's a lot of Pokemon.

~Dragonite: You'd think with all of the new, shiny, incredibly overpowered Dragons, Dragonite would fall to UU. But it hasn't. [i]WHY[/i]? Salamence and Ononokusu are flat out better physically, and Sazandora and Lati@s are much better specially. There's no real reason to use Dragonite other than MultiScale, which is good, but because Dragonite is so damn slow, he's going to be stopped by anything with a scarf.

~Starmie: Are you fucking serious? Even with the new overload of great waters, both bulky [i]and[/i] offensive, thanks to Politoed, Starmie still manages to be OU. Why do you use this thing?! Tentacruel is a flat out better Rapid Sp--he's low OU? STARMIE SUCKS NOW, GUYS. STOP TRYING TO USE A POKEMON THAT'S NOT COMING ANYWHERE NEAR A SWEEP. There's better sweepers, there's better choicers, and there's better Spinners. It's time to open our eyes and realize that Starmie isn't going to do anything important this generation.

~Zuruzukin: If you're looking for a better Dragon Dancer, see any dragon and Gyarados. If you're looking for a better Bulk Up, see Roobushin and Machamp. There's no reason to use this awful guy who, when I used, never came anywhere [i]near[/i] a sweep. I'm using Roobushin now, and he's swept too many teams to count. Stop using him for his typing; his Speed is too awful to use as a DDancer, and his HP is too awful to use as a Bulk Up sweeper.

~Breloom: Oooh, it's the new Scizor, except with good typing! Oh wait, it gets completely shut down by Shandera who can't be touched and sends it into oblivion. Enough said. At least Scizor has the ability to scout with U-Turn and actually HIT it with Bullet Punch.

[b]Underrated[/b]
~Lucario: Obviously I'm going to say this, but I have good reason. With access to Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, [i]and[/i] Cheer Up, Lucario has become the most versatile late game sweeper of all time. If you use him, everyone expects Swords Dance due to the last Generation and switches in their Roobushin (example), who Lucario Aura Spheres in the face and sends to the lowest part of Hell. Sure, Shandera rapes him, but that happens with a LOT of Pokemon that are still used. Oh, and let's not forget that Lucario has access to THREE amazing priority moves: Vacuum Wave, ExtremeSpeed, and Bullet Punch. That leads to so many options, I can't even keep track. He's versatile, deadly, and just badass, so there's no reason as to why he's been dropping.

~Lati@s: Looking at the current OU Metagame, Latias is UNDERUSED and Latios is LOW OVERUSED. These are Pokemon that were UBER last generation; Latias having SHAPED the OU metagame for a time. What happened? Sazandora rivals them, sure, but Lati@s still have access to a bunch of cool moves like Psycho Shock! These are Pokemon with great stats, a great movepool, and are just overall great. Come on out, Lati@s!

~Kojondo: I have NOT seen enough of these guys. RECKLESS HI JUMP KICK. That's enough power to take down a whole house, not to mention Regeneration makes it the perfect Scarfed revenge killer. Oh, and it has U-Turn for scouting and several useful moves for coverage. Kojondo's one of the most awesome fighting types EVER, and it looks as if it's been shot down!

~Goruugo? Is that right?: The new Machamp with better typing, and access to Rock Polish should be one of the most used Pokemon this generation. As a bonus, Stone Edge never misses with it, so that doesn't matter. Oh, and slap a Balloon on it, and you've got yourself the perfect mole counter. He's immune to Earthquake and resists Rock Slide and X-Scissor, meaning he can come in and stop the mole with DynamicPunch. That's not even mentioning the fact that he's immune to Sandstorm. Come on, this guy is arguably BETTER than Machamp!

~Quagsire: This guy gets UNAWARE, [i]the[/i] ability to stop sweepers. His defensive stats aren't bad, and he has access to reliable recovery and Yawn. So why not use one of the most epic Pokemon ever? Seriously, just look at his face. :3

[b]Hated[/b]
~Burungeru: FUCK this guy is hard to take down. He can Toxic Stall my ass all day and stop my best sweepers, and then burn a few guys before he finally gets taken down. He's a great bulky water, one of the best, but UGH do I hate Mr. Pringle. I can't use him for shit, either.

~Ludicolo: This guy has swept my entire team before. This Mexican means BUSINESS. I love the guy, but at the same time, I hate his deadly ability to sweep. He's worse for me than Kingdra!

~Voltolos: FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---he always paralyzes half of my team. ALWAYS. And it gets FUCKING ANNOYING when you want to sweep with Mence or Gyarados or Blaziken and this guy comes in and ruins your fun.

Moar Pogeymonz....

[b][u]OVERRATED[/u][/b]
Burungeru: I don't get why everyone's so crazy bout this guy. 100 HP is good, but not godly. 105 Special Defense is great, but crumbles to the few powerful special attackers in the new metagame. 70 defense is rather poor, and makes for easy destruction, especially in the physically based metagame. 85 base Attack is hardly enough to inflict mahor damage, and Recover can waste a precious turn keeping the silly pringles man alive, allowing a set up move from the opponent.

Kerudio: No, I'm not bashing on water pokemon >>. But yeah, Kerudio, I don't see what's so special. It's movepool is grossly limited, you can run Surf/Boil Over, Mystery Sword, Hidden Power, and uh, Calm Mind? Maybe Taunt? Yeah, predictable as heck. It's bulk is ok I guess, and 108 speed isn't so bad. While its special attack is good, it's just going to get mowed over before getting off any more than a hit or two, or maybe a useless Calm Mind.

[b][u]UNDERRATED[/u][/b]
Aakeos: Most people look at his ability and walk away. What they're failing to notice is A. his great attacking stats and B. the potential he has. He's slightly slower, but stronger than his cousin Aerodactyl, but what really makes him shine is his movepool. Want a shot of over 9000 power? HEAD SMASH!!!!!!!!! Want a consistently powerful STAB move? Acrobat + Sky Jewel works wonder. Want to pick off weakened Pogeymon? He has Quick Attack. Want to be a U-Turning bitch? Need to, I dunno, Agility? Aakeos can do that do. Heck, you could even use a Special Aakeos if you wanna be creative and stuff, or maybe just surprise people.

Chirrachino: Meet Chirrachino, the subbreaker extraordinaire. he's a chinchilla by the way, and oh so cute and fluffy. But back to the sub breaking thing, it's what he does best. With Skill Link, you can easily stop Sub-Punchers or sub n' set up sweepers in their tracks. Also, there is a greatly increased crit chance, albeit each crit doing far less damage. His movepool is pretty nice, with the new Sweep Slap move, Rock Blast, adn the upgraded BULLET Seed for Skill Linking fun and coverage, as well as Aqua Tail and the obligatory U-Turn. So go check out the fluffy litle chinchilla, you won't be disappointed if you use him right.

Morobareru: When you look at its stats, you see good HP, and meager stats otherwise. THen you see Spore in his movepool. Oh sh-. Yeah, Spore is the defining thing of this little guy, combined iwth reasonable bulk, STAB Giga Drain to get more health, and Regeneration for free health when he needs to GTFO. While he may not be top tier OU, he's definitely passed up a lot, and a heck lot better than many people think.

[b][u]HATED[/u][/b]
Roobushin: I can't deny he's a beast. Hence why it's int he hated, not overrated section. But yeah, this wrecking ball has thrown way too many wrenches at me. His bulkiness, power, Drain Punching shenanigans, and priority make me want to throw my DS(computer) across the room. He's like, my nemesis, always there to piss me off. I need to start using Espeon >_<

Sableye: I blame DerMitteMensch. And I blame this guy why not. He's a real ass with Mischievvous Heart, Will o Wisp destroying most physical attackers not named Hihidaruma, Confuse Ray annoying in general, as I seem to always hit myself the same turn it's used on me, and Recover to survive. Night Shade provides fixed damage, although not being boosted by Mischievous Heart, and can stop your attempts to block statuses with Subs. Use em, face em, but most of, all hate em.

• Administrators
[quote name='N8theGr8' post='6992' date='Nov 24 2010, 09:08 AM']Sorry, but kind of like the entire portion of rain teams, Kingdra is not a problem simply because of Nattorei's epic typing. Plus, Nattorei [i]enjoys[/i] the rain because it cuts back on his Fire weakness. Doryuuzu is a Pokemon that just needs one turn, and if it gets in that one turn, it'll sweep half (or more) of your team. ...Oh, and you say priority KILLS it? No, no it doesn't. Lucario's Vacuum Wave (SUPER EFFECTIVE STAB PRIORITY), will [i]never[/i] 1HKO this mole without a crit. Kingdra isn't a problem because its only physical Dragon move is Outrage, which means any steel type can come in and set up while it's raging.[/quote]

My Sharpedo's Aqua Jet is always an OHKO. Just ran a damage calc. Also, I've taken out Nattorei with my Kingdra before. It hurts, and requires taking it up to some +6's, but with a Sub and some Baton Passed defense boosts, Nattorei can't touch Kingdra.

[quote name='Bullet' post='6994' date='Nov 24 2010, 10:02 AM']Chirrachino[/quote]
I love you.

• Administrators
[quote]My Sharpedo's Aqua Jet is always an OHKO. Just ran a damage calc. Also, I've taken out Nattorei with my Kingdra before. It hurts, and requires taking it up to some +6's, but with a Sub and some Baton Passed defense boosts, Nattorei can't touch Kingdra.[/quote]

This.

And Shell Break Aqua Jet from Abagoora is almost always a OHKO. Rocks included, it is guaranteed. I hated that son of a -female dog- mole until I started using Abagoora.

The problem with that is, you're still losing Abagoora because you're attempting to sweep at 1HP, which makes you open to one of three things...

a)Priority (Aqua Jet is not going to 1HKO unless it's Super Effective)
b)Scarfed Users
c)Ditto

I have to say though, Sharpedo is a really, really underrated Pokemon. I'm using him on my most recent team and he's taken down at least one Pokemon every battle. Where's the love for this guy? It's not like he's ugly; I think his design is awesome. His stats aren't bad, his typing isn't bad, his ability is great....why isn't anyone using him?

And @ Ame, you're saying your Kingdra can sweep provided it gets defensive passes and a sub passed to it. First, that's really reliant on another Poke, which incidentally also gets raped by Nattorei if it's Vaporeon, and second, really, any Pokemon can sweep if it gets +6 Defense and a Sub passed to it. That's not saying the Pokemon's good, that's just saying it was put in a great spot. I guess what I'm saying is that Kingdra isn't so much as the threat as the way you set it up is.

Weezing, Dasutodasu (Trash Monster), Morobareru (PokeBall Mushroom), Victreebel, Gengar, Kingdra, [b]TORKOAL[/b], Castform, Gastrodon, and Drifblim all get Clear Smog besides Shandera, which is the move you're thinking of. (I bolded Torkoal since I know you love him)

yep. I think I may have put that on a torkoal in my all torkoal team. xD

However he seems too slow and vulnerable to most of the guys who sit around and boost up. *looks at vaporeon, and loads of dragons with surf/waterfall/Earthquake* Just saying, it'd be nice to switch and reset their stats before they can hit with 'em. Gengar maybe...

If you're looking for a super-fast Pokemon to reset stat boosts, might I suggest Crobat with Haze? I'm pretty sure his Base Speed ties Jolteon, so that should help.

Anyway, this isn't really the right thread to discuss help with teams; open up one instead to talk about this stuff. ^_^

• Administrators
[quote name='N8theGr8' post='7008' date='Nov 24 2010, 04:49 PM']And @ Ame, you're saying your Kingdra can sweep provided it gets defensive passes and a sub passed to it. First, that's really reliant on another Poke, which incidentally also gets raped by Nattorei if it's Vaporeon, and second, really, any Pokemon can sweep if it gets +6 Defense and a Sub passed to it. That's not saying the Pokemon's good, that's just saying it was put in a great spot. I guess what I'm saying is that Kingdra isn't so much as the threat as the way you set it up is.[/quote]

Nah, I'm saying it can take out Nattorei under those conditions; it can sweep most of the time anyway. ^_^
Conceded about how it's the way it's set up though. But since that is how I've used it, literally since 5th gen debuted, that's what I know.
Also, I'm fairly confident Vaporeon can wall Nattorei between Hydrestion and Acid Armor. Leech Seed would make it more difficult, but many don't carry that anyway.

• 3 months later...
How could I have missed this thread? Oh wait, I wasn't here yet. Doesn't matter.
I shall now respond to some stuff that's posted:

@Mael's Blastoise explanation thingy - [s]I love you[/s]
@Ame hating Jarooda & Voltolos - Its coz of your lack of Ice attacks in your team.
@N8's long paragraph on Kingdra and stuff - I use a Special Kingdra with Life Orb, pretty nice damage imo.
@N8 hating Burungeru - Shade's Burungeru died after Manectric's Life Orb boosted Thunder.

[quote name='Dragonz996' timestamp='1300631368' post='11816']
How could I have missed this thread? Oh wait, I wasn't here yet. Doesn't matter.
I shall now respond to some stuff that's posted:

@Mael's Blastoise explanation thingy - [s]I love you[/s]
@Ame hating Jarooda & Voltolos - Its coz of your lack of Ice attacks in your team.
@N8's long paragraph on Kingdra and stuff - I use a Special Kingdra with Life Orb, pretty nice damage imo.
@N8 hating Burungeru - Shade's Burungeru died after Manectric's Life Orb boosted Thunder.
[/quote]

First and foremost, if Ame carries no Ice moves on a Rain team, he truly is a noob. If he [i]does[/i] have Ice moves, I suggest you think and ASK before you spout random things you're not sure about.

The only reason Kingdra can work is if you're able to spam a Water move over and over, thanks to Rain's only advantage over Sandstorm, a 2x boost to Water attacks. Sure, it halves Fire's power, but do you really care when the majority of Rain is based around Water types? Kingdra's offensive stats AREN'T fantastic like Excadrill's. If Kingdra becomes locked into Outrage, any Steel type can come in, set up, phaze, cripple, kill, WHATEVER. And if it's a special attacker...it can't boost at all without Baton Pass.

@Ame's old post about Sharpedo's Aqua Jet 1HKO'ing
Congratulations, a Super Effective STAB Move IN RAIN 1HKO's it. That's like...x4.5 power. 99% of sweepers will die to that if that's the case, so it means nothing. It just means you probably have the best priority in the game on your team. And @Squid, I'm pretty damn sure most Sandstorm teams carry Hippowdon, which instantly means Rocks WILL be set up. Which means Carracosta lacks Sturdy, which means Mole can easily 1HKO with STAB Super Effective Earthquake.

I have more trouble with Rain, but Sandstorm is flat out better due to not being a cookie-cutter strategy centered around Politoed, Kingdra, Jolteon/Zapdos, insertgrasstypehere, filler, and filler. Sandstorm can run Offense, Stall, or a combination of both. Sandstall can be incredibly annoying and incredibly successful. Remember Hardy's Cradily? Yeah. That thing raped.

• Administrators
Sharpedo, Ice Fang. I used to have Starmie for Ice Beam, but not so much anymore.
Doryuuzu is going to have a difficult time OHKOing Carracosta even with Rocks unless its danced. That thing has some defense on it.

I just woke up, I don't even know if this has anything to do with this or what this topic is about anymore...

So liek, I might as well create new overrated/underrated/hated lists with how much the metagame has changed.

[b]Overrated~[/b]

[u]Espeon[/u]
Ah, Espeon. Magic Mirror is one of the best abilities in existence most would say. However, once good players were done fapping to the godly ability, they realized how lackluster Espeon was in OU. It's defenses are meager at best, but if you spend time buffing them, then you lose out on its best asset, its Speed and Special Attack. Simply put, Espeon isn't bulky enough to fully (ab)use Magic Mirror, and smart players can easily roll over it. If you want a good Magic Mirror Pokémon, you might as well turn to Xatu, who actually has some bulk.

[b]Underrated~[/b]

[u]Terakion[/u]
Ugh this thing is a total monster truck. I used to think it was just another one of your "dime for a dozen" garden variety Fighting types. Then I gave him a spin, and realized his sheer power. STAB Close Combat is one of the most fearsome attacks to face for many Pokémon, and is your primary move to ravage Chansey, Nattorei, and the like. With Life Orb, it can pick up near a 2HKO on Skarmory even, so there is little that can continuously switch in. Stone Edge is an amazing STAB move to complement CC, rolling over most flying types that aim to sponge your fighting hits. Terakion has access to [i]both[/i] Rock Polish and Swords Dance, allowing you to create a sweeper tailored towards your team's needs. He also has the rather intriguing ability Justice Heart, that lets you switch into a Dark move, pick up an attack boost, and start beating face. Terakion's Dark resist obviously will ensure you take minimal damage whilst switching in. While I do see this guy at times, I think his amazing power should warrant more usage.

[b]Hated~[/b]

[u]Rankurusu[/u]
I swear, this little fetus(?) is the bane of my existence. It'll easily come and resist most physical attacker with impunity, and with Calm Mind, Special Attackers can't do much. The little bugger can even sponge weaker U-Turns, even that of a Genesect with an attack boost, and recover it off. Tricking it or flinching it to death is usually my only out to it if I'm playing against a smart opponent who will Recover off my U-Turns from Genesect.

So those are my main ones for each, I might add more later