The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

Ah, but perhaps the tournament actually being real after we were told it was only an April Fool's joke was the real prank all along! :D

(inb4 the discourse around the Tournament of Booty just devolves into this:) 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

Maybe the real Labradorra Tournament of b00ty was the friends we made along the way

That actually makes sense, considering the screencaps that were shown depicted us fighting alongside/against our friends. XD

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

Is it possible that Lin has familial relations with the thief who killed Solaris' parents for the four keys and was killed by Solaris in turn? 

Chronologically, Lin should be somewhere between 14 and 18, if the Lin we know is the same one as the one from the Orphanage. But biologically, she's around 10 years older. 

Which is the complete reverse of Adrienn's situation: xe's in mid 20s biologically, but in mid 30s chronologically. So it might be possible that, in the Citadel, mysterious power (or whatever is hidden behind the gates) have "stolen" 10 years from Adrienn and given them to Lin. 

Solaris' parents had been killed somewhere around 25-30 years ago, when Solaris was a teenager/young adult, if we base our calculations, taking into account Elias' diary, which is the only source of these events. To this day, Solaris mourns and regrets his rebellious day... mainly because of that incident, as he has never dealt with his parents' demise, seemingly.

Also, this might the reason he wants Taka to be obedient - so that he won't make any dumb mistake, as Solaris did in his age. 

Unfortunately, in neither route Taka's prevented. 

But to answer your question... We definitely don't have enough evidence. The argument of "both thief and Lin seeking the four keys" is invalid, as many others were doing so as well. Sirius had been hunting for the keys even before deciding to join Team Meteor. And even if they were related, they couldn't have been close family, because of relatively large time gap between thief's demise and Lin's birth. They could've been her aunt/uncle, grandparent, first cousin once removed... But don't get your hopes high. 

7 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

Maybe the real Labradorra Tournament of b00ty was the friends we made along the way

*sighs*

If that so... I don't feel satisfied.

When I have played through Reborn for the first time, for the first time since years I've felt so emotionally connected to the game characters. True, most of them are based on real-life humams, but even so, they're fictional. And to feel so strong bond with them, it felt so unreal, yet... 

When something jovial happened, I was happy.

When someone died, I was crying. 

When someone was sad, I wanted to hug them

When someone was an assholes, I wanted to smash their heads with a hammer. 

Gotta admit... Pokemon Reborn is perhaps one of the best fanmade games in terms of storywriting - not just in Pokemon, but in all fandoms. It has changed my way of thinking, formed my character and helped to develop as a writer and a better human. 

For that... I am very thankful. 

Is there anything to the theory that Lin and Terra are the same person?

Or at least inhabiting the same body, similarly to ZEL

Terra has been shown to be able to create life: the digital world she made and lures the player into has real Pokemon that can be brought out and used outside of it. They are living beings, and they aren't just Porygon.

The ability to generate life ex nihilo would arguably make her the most powerful "human" character in the setting.

Lin herself also has an anomalous ability: she's seemingly immortal.

There's also the orphanage connection between the two of them.

What if there's some sort of power split between them: Terra gets Arceus's ability to create life (as seen in HG/SS with the baby legendaries, as one example) and Lin has the blessing of invulnerability.

• Hmm 2

5 hours ago, 0ris said:

Is there anything to the theory that Lin and Terra are the same person?

Or at least inhabiting the same body, similarly to ZEL

Terra has been shown to be able to create life: the digital world she made and lures the player into has real Pokemon that can be brought out and used outside of it. They are living beings, and they aren't just Porygon.

The ability to generate life ex nihilo would arguably make her the most powerful "human" character in the setting.

Lin herself also has an anomalous ability: she's seemingly immortal.

There's also the orphanage connection between the two of them.

What if there's some sort of power split between them: Terra gets Arceus's ability to create life (as seen in HG/SS with the baby legendaries, as one example) and Lin has the blessing of invulnerability.

This makes a lot of sense.

On 4/3/2022 at 2:36 PM, Oscarus said:

Chronologically, Lin should be somewhere between 14 and 18, if the Lin we know is the same one as the one from the Orphanage. But biologically, she's around 10 years older. 

Hmm... you sure? 

I think if you get Laura as your companion in Tanzan Mountain, she mentions that Orphanage!Lin should be younger than Anna (12 years) now. 

21 hours ago, Vulnona said:

I think if you get Laura as your companion in Tanzan Mountain, she mentions that Orphanage!Lin should be younger than Anna (12 years) now. 

I haven't seen that dialogue in full, or I did, but subconsciously skipped that, and forget. 

But yet, that "age passing" actually matches, as Adrienn claims to have seen Lin (most likely) climbing up the stone cave walls surrounding the Citadel. And when she climbed up, she was older. But then I wonder... WHEN did exactly that happen? How many days, months or years ago, because Lin was already Team Meteor Leader before protag's arrival to Reborn - as I question Solaris would want to do that, as his goal was to have people leave, not have people die. 

1 hour ago, Oscarus said:

But yet, that "age passing" actually matches, as Adrienn claims to have seen Lin (most likely) climbing up the stone cave walls surrounding the Citadel. And when she climbed up, she was older. But then I wonder... WHEN did exactly that happen?

No more than 10 years ago, given that Adrienn was stuck in Citrae for that long. 

1 hour ago, Vulnona said:

Lin's entry lists her as 18 incorrectly, so it's questionable

And not "mid 20s" with a question mark? 

Because that's what she looks like, but it is uncertain if it is truly that

1 hour ago, bobirobi20 said:

*incoherent screeching*

I would be glad since with a May release date it would come out right as I have exams and resisting would be painful, although playing after exams would have its own charm.

That's exactly why I hope Reborn releases in May - because that's when I'll have my exams and I am waaaaay too adept at procrastinating T.T

I don't know if I'll have the discipline to not binge-play E19...! 

Okay, so I checked the actual in-game dialogue.

So, Radomus says the Grand Gates froze "before Reborn City's collapse, more than a decade ago". He repeats that "more than a decade ago, they suddenly ceased function". Adrienn repeats this a third time when she cannov believe that she "was underground for more than ten years" until the player group found xyr.

Interestingly... if you get Laura in Tanzan Mountain, she says she knew a child named Lin from the orphanage "a couple years ago". She was a little girl, just a little younger than Anna, who despite her "very young age" was terrifying and manipulative.
Since Anna is 12 at the start of the game, we can assume that Child!Lin could not have been younger than 5 in her time at the orphanage with Laura since we are looking at a child who can talk, walk, laugh and scheme. Even with this very conservative calculation, there is no way Child!Lin somehow ended up under the Grand Gates at the same time as Adrienn. If anything, Child!Lin arrived there at least three years later, probably more.

This probably won't make much of a difference because the child climbing up the citadel walls can still be Lin, but it's definitely food for thought.

Also, it's still unknown where Lin's adoption into Terra's family falls into this timeline of events. Terra's mother mentions she "tried to adopt an orphan girl" and that meeting this girl/"kid" changed Terra in a short period of time. If this is indeed Lin, which is very likely, then this probably also takes place before Lin's disappearance/contact with the citadel. But since Terra is in her mid-20s at the beginning of the game, that would mean Terra could not have been younger than... 15? 18? Old enough to leave for the circus right after.

We also know that Terra joins Team Meteor out of boredom at a time when Lin is not in charge yet, but we don't know when that happens - just that she joined before Cal.

To me, it sounds like Child!Lin is something between 6-8 during Laura's orphanage time. The phrase "a couple years" usually refers to a time span of 2-4 years (or so the dictionary says). Child!Lin's unofficial sprite does not look like a five-year-old kid, but rather something like 6-8 years of age, too (though it's hard to tell). So four, maybe five years seems about accurate.

...Man, I hope E19 clears all of this up O.o

• Hmm 4

5 minutes ago, Vulnona said:

Interestingly... if you get Laura in Tanzan Mountain, she says she knew a child named Lin from the orphanage "a couple years ago". She was a little girl, just a little younger than Anna, who despite her "very young age" was terrifying and manipulative.
Since Anna is 12 at the start of the game, we can assume that Child!Lin could not have been younger than 5 in her time at the orphanage with Laura since we are looking at a child who can talk, walk, laugh and scheme. Even with this very conservative calculation, there is no way Child!Lin somehow ended up under the Grand Gates at the same time as Adrienn. If anything, Child!Lin arrived there at least three years later, probably more.

This probably won't make much of a difference because the child climbing up the citadel walls can still be Lin, but it's definitely food for thought.

Yeah, this all falls into place. I'm starting to feel like in order to beat Lin, we need to know her. And know her we shall.

10 minutes ago, Vulnona said:

So, Radomus says the Grand Gates froze "before Reborn City's collapse, more than a decade ago". He repeats that "more than a decade ago, they suddenly ceased function". Adrienn repeats this a third time when she cannov believe that she "was underground for more than ten years" until the player group found xyr.

Also, it's still unknown where Lin's adoption into Terra's family falls into this timeline of events. Terra's mother mentions she "tried to adopt an orphan girl" and that meeting this girl/"kid" changed Terra in a short period of time. If this is indeed Lin, which is very likely, then this probably also takes place before Lin's disappearance/contact with the citadel. But since Terra is in her mid-20s at the beginning of the game, that would mean Terra could not have been younger than... 15? 18? Old enough to leave for the circus right after.

We also know that Terra joins Team Meteor out of boredom at a time when Lin is not in charge yet, but we don't know when that happens - just that she joined before Cal.

45 minutes ago, Vulnona said:

42 minutes ago, Vulnona said:

If we assume that time gap between the malfunction of Grand Gate and the time we enter is more than 10 years, that can ease our calculations... a bit. Or harden it...  It sure is complicated, but I still believe that the time Adrienn had spent there was "taken away" from xer and given to Lin. Regardless if that was exactly 10 years, or more.

Because it would make sense and delete a potential plot hole of "How and why exactly hadn't Adrienn aged, but Lin did at an accelerated rate?", because the answer of "Arceus' powers lol" is not sufficient enough. Time is its' own dimension, which is constant - you can't "create" or "delete" time without consequences (and don't bring the King/Emperor Crimson bullshit here). With that, at least the time-space continuum is consistent... somewhat. 

About the adoption within Pierce's family... I think it HAD to be Lin. I haven't ever spoken to Terra's parents (but I know they do exist; they live in Beryl Ward, I think), but if that is the case, it is the only logical solution, and connects the loose ends. 

Look, Lin had been accidentally "killed" by Sigmund during the electroshock therapy session, and thrown away, finding herself in the Citadel. There, she was climbing up, and become older as she was on the surface. We don't know how old exactly she was back then (psyhically at least), but if we take Vulnora's calculations into account, she should had been 16+. Which means there was a chance for her to return to the Orphanage due to not being "adult" (and freaking Connal out, possibly) for the cycle to start all over again. 

So she was adopted by Pierce family (because she possibly couldn't have been before landing in Citadel, as Sigmund would land in jail for child murder {accidental or not; doesn't matter} because her family would tell the police about the incident), becoming Terra's sister. And this is where their bond would create, as Terra is the ONLY person Lin seems to actually care of, according to Taka. Also her presence could "transform" the introvertic genius teenager into an unnatural force that breaks all known laws of psyhics and even more. Still... The fact that Lin hasn't said anything about Terra since gaining Gravity Badge is deeply unsettling, almost like she-... But maybe that's because Terra has escaped, and Lin knows this, and they're good. 

Now... That makes me think... What if Lin actually doesn't give a single f about Terra, and just acts that way to have her by the side due to her cast knowledge about technology, with building the trust since years (she's a great actress, though and though)? And if Terra actually believes her, or she knows Lin is a dirty liar, and also acts that way only to backstab i the least expected moment? And if Lin knows that Terra knows, or not? That is quite complicated, yes, but I do need to know the answer. 

46 minutes ago, Vulnona said:

To me, it sounds like Child!Lin is something between 6-8 during Laura's orphanage time. The phrase "a couple years" usually refers to a time span of 2-4 years (or so the dictionary says). Child!Lin's unofficial sprite does not look like a five-year-old kid, but rather something like 6-8 years of age, too (though it's hard to tell). So four, maybe five years seems about accurate.

If we take that into account... Lin should be (psyhically) 20-23 years old, which is quite short of "mid 20s". But the age is with "(?)", so it may not be the truth, as this means she looks like it, but isn't. 

Still... It is complex. 

• Like 1

If Lin's too young to have her current body, but Terra isn't, then I would guess that lends credence to my theory of Lin and Terra inhabiting the same (Terra's) body.

If Terra changed around when Lin arrived, that could be the start of the possession. Whether Lin's body still exists anywhere is unknown, but if she was somehow harmed by Sigmund, I expect he would be very, very dead.

This is a woman who killed a worthy opponent just to have her out of the way and sacrificed her ally's son. The fact that Sigmund is working with Meteor and is still alive probably doesn't agree with him ever having hurt Lin.

• Hmm 1

2 hours ago, 0ris said:

If Lin's too young to have her current body, but Terra isn't, then I would guess that lends credence to my theory of Lin and Terra inhabiting the same (Terra's) body.

If Terra changed around when Lin arrived, that could be the start of the possession. Whether Lin's body still exists anywhere is unknown, but if she was somehow harmed by Sigmund, I expect he would be very, very dead.

This is a woman who killed a worthy opponent just to have her out of the way and sacrificed her ally's son. The fact that Sigmund is working with Meteor and is still alive probably doesn't agree with him ever having hurt Lin.

Laura says the last she ever saw from Lin was when she was taken away by Sigmund. There's also a bed in the orphanage with a large red stain, so it's not too far fetched for his therapy to be deadly. I suspect that Lin is keeping him alive for a reason, like the protagonist. Knowing how sadistic she is, she probably has a fate worse than death in mind

4 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

Laura says the last she ever saw from Lin was when she was taken away by Sigmund. There's also a bed in the orphanage with a large red stain, so it's not too far fetched for his therapy to be deadly. I suspect that Lin is keeping him alive for a reason, like the protagonist. Knowing how sadistic she is, she probably has a fate worse than death in mind

Maybe Lin spilt kool-aid on her bed, so Sigmund billeted her out to Terra's family for staining/vandalizing orphanage property?

• Haha 3

• Veterans
22 minutes ago, lifesapity said:

Out of curiosity do we know if there is going to be an Open Beta release (like prior episodes) or will we just head straight into the Full Community Release?

community is technically open beta.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bananacake887 said:

Maybe Lin spilt kool-aid on her bed, so Sigmund billeted her out to Terra's family for staining/vandalizing orphanage property?

Dude... wth? 

Do you think they would be dumb enough to mistake... whatever "kool-aid" is for blood, which has the characteristic scent that can linger on for quite some time, and taste which might be quite sour and metalic at first, but one can get used to it? 

That would also make a potential plot hole... Because how then Lin would find herself in the Citadel, if she was under caring protection? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Dude... wth? 

Do you think they would be dumb enough to mistake... whatever "kool-aid" is for blood, which has the characteristic scent that can linger on for quite some time, and taste which might be quite sour and metalic at first, but one can get used to it? 

That would also make a potential plot hole... Because how then Lin would find herself in the Citadel, if she was under caring protection? 

r/woooosh