The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

7 hours ago, Oscarus said:

That would also make a potential plot hole... Because how then Lin would find herself in the Citadel, if she was under caring protection? 

Seriously - even without the Kool-Aid stuff, this is still a potential plot hole. After all, if the Grand Gates closed more than a decade ago - so way before Lin was at the orphanage - then how did Lin end up at the Citadel in the first place? The Citadel is only accessible through cracks in the ground, so if there wasn't one that was then patched afterwards before the beginning of the game... 

• Hmm 2

What if there are multiple Lins or Lin is a clone of some kind? It would explain Lin's ability to be in multiple places at once. As for how such a thing could be possible, we already know that there were some timeline shenanigans going on thanks to Shade. OR maybe this is all Kingdom Hearts and Lin Norted Terra. Who knows?

• Hmm 2

18 minutes ago, pokemonmaster3556 said:

What if there are multiple Lins or Lin is a clone of some kind? It would explain Lin's ability to be in multiple places at once. As for how such a thing could be possible, we already know that there were some timeline shenanigans going on thanks to Shade.

Oh yeah. Timeline shenanigans. Perhaps the Lin we're seeing is Lin from the future and not 12-year old Lin in a grown woman's body. 

20 minutes ago, pokemonmaster3556 said:

OR maybe this is all Kingdom Hearts and Lin Norted Terra.

(insert funny joke about Darkness here) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vulnona said:

Seriously - even without the Kool-Aid stuff, this is still a potential plot hole. After all, if the Grand Gates closed more than a decade ago - so way before Lin was at the orphanage - then how did Lin end up at the Citadel in the first place? The Citadel is only accessible through cracks in the ground, so if there wasn't one that was then patched afterwards before the beginning of the game... 

Was that a sarcasm just now, or not? 

I'm a bit sarcasm-blind, especially when it's written. 

1 hour ago, Oscarus said:

Was that a sarcasm just now, or not? 

I'm a bit sarcasm-blind, especially when it's written. 

I feel ya! For me, it's tough to detect irony and sarcasm as well (and likewise, I struggle more with written forms of these stylistic devices). 

But as far as I can tell, nope, that was 100% factual and un-sarcastic. It would be hard for Lin to end up at the Citadel with the Grand Gates closed. But then again, the PC and Adrienn fell through cracks in the floor, too... 

... "Gotta be careful where you fall!“ :D

2 hours ago, andracass said:

i sure hope this isn't kingdom hearts.

Yes. Please. 

My brain can't take it anymore... 

(And that's from a formerly avid fan! I invested so much time in trying to wrap my head around this story and minute details... only for massive retcons every second year -.-

By now, it's SUCH a bloated story...!)

Edited by Vulnona
  • Sad 1

If this is Kingdom Hearts, we need the following:

- Ame wasn't actually dead ala Eraqus and was actually inside our protagonist all along

- Lin's motivation is originally just "EVIL DARK" but as we learn more we realize she's actually trying to destroy the world to make it better and is moreso misguided despite that making very little sense

- Arceus is a black box

29 minutes ago, pokemonmaster3556 said:

If this is Kingdom Hearts, we need the following:

- Ame wasn't actually dead ala Eraqus and was actually inside our protagonist all along

- Lin's motivation is originally just "EVIL DARK" but as we learn more we realize she's actually trying to destroy the world to make it better and is moreso misguided despite that making very little sense

- Arceus is a black box

Well Ame still exists in E19 since she has a dev battle. Would be cool if we faced her as a ghost or something

20 minutes ago, Green Bean 501 said:

Would be cool if we faced her as a ghost or something

We'd probably face her as a computer simulation, tbh

9 hours ago, andracass said:

i sure hope this isn't kingdom hearts.

It'd better not be! I haven't played any of the games, but--as far as I can tell--that series pulls ways for the bad guys to get away with a victory out of its ass every month. It just feels like nothing the protagonists do matters. I hate stories like that. 

8 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

Well Ame still exists in E19 since she has a dev battle. Would be cool if we faced her as a ghost or something

7 hours ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

We'd probably face her as a computer simulation, tbh

She exists?????? This is not ok. What if we, like, resurrect her or something. Like, Baby Arceus (Can we call it Arceus Jr.?) Recreates Ame? Lets hope this does not happen.

• Hmm 1

2 hours ago, Dark Warrior said:

What if we, like, resurrect her or something.

If we can, I'll do it. Even if I have to annihilate half of Reborn... I want her back. 

But I guess if I do destroy half of the region, Ame will just commit sepuuku, so I need to find another way. 

17 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

If we can, I'll do it. Even if I have to annihilate half of Reborn... I want her back. 

But I guess if I do destroy half of the region, Ame will just commit sepuuku, so I need to find another way. 

If we resurrect her, the game will be... i don't even know.

• Hmm 1

5 minutes ago, Dark Warrior said:

If we resurrect her, the game will be... i don't even know.

I first played Reborn in... I believe June 2020. I've just finished the 11th grade, and at the time, I was... pretty depressed. 

Being 18 at the time, I was constantly ridiculed by my family for various reasons like: not wanting to get driver license (to this day, I'm terrified with just thinking about driving cars), not drinking beer, not having girlfriend... or any friend at all (as they all were either unaccessible, living too far away to casually meet, or were simply degenerates of all sorts), et cetera. Additionally, I didn't know what I want to do in the future, as all my dreams were dashed away by various injuries or "close community" just saying "You ain't never gonna be good at it" over and over again. 

I was hitting rock-bottom, for the first time seriously thinking about suicide... But then I've seen notification on YouTube from Judi's channel (one of the most recognizable Polish PokeTubers) when he started a new series for new fanmade game - Pokemon Reborn. 

Just the first episode was enough to have me try and play the game. I am quite sensitive person (both in positive... and negative sense), so it was easier for me to bond with the characters. Especially those with whom I have more in common. 

But Ame, was different. We did have quite a few things in common, but not as much to "make a bond". But there was one, ONE detail that made me connect with this "semi-fictional character"... No matter what, where and when, she was helping and encouraging; trying her best to help us and Reborn. And despite being overworked, Ame was going forward. Despite the losses and failures, she was constantly going to her goal. She did become my role model, and to this day, whenever I fail, I try to think how many she did for me and the others, and that I have to bring my best. 

To clarify, it's not like I'm in love with her or Amethyst... It's just- "friendship"... of sorts. It is hard to explain, so forgive me. 

But then, THAT day happened. Raid on "Devon Corp." building. And... 

...when Lin had ordered Hydreigon to...I have saved, turned out the game, and was crying on the bed for half an hour. It wasn't a hysterical cry, but my soul was pierced, and I was afraid to turn up the game... just to not see Ame's lifeless corpse which would remind me that I've failed to protect her. I know we couldn't do anything, but I wish we could, to try... 

It's been well over a year and a half, and I have gotten over it. But I won't forget that feeling - that painful, regrettable moment, which had reminded me that we are just mere mortals, unable to do big things as we please. And that... even when our friends are no longer with us, we need to carry their legacy in our hearts, and press forward, to not disappoint them......... 

I may be pathetic, crying because fictional character died, but I'm not afraid of telling it publicly, as I hate being a liar. 

• Sad 5

23 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

I first played Reborn in... I believe June 2020. I've just finished the 11th grade, and at the time, I was... pretty depressed. 

Being 18 at the time, I was constantly ridiculed by my family for various reasons like: not wanting to get driver license (to this day, I'm terrified with just thinking about driving cars), not drinking beer, not having girlfriend... or any friend at all (as they all were either unaccessible, living too far away to casually meet, or were simply degenerates of all sorts), et cetera. Additionally, I didn't know what I want to do in the future, as all my dreams were dashed away by various injuries or "close community" just saying "You ain't never gonna be good at it" over and over again. 

I was hitting rock-bottom, for the first time seriously thinking about suicide... But then I've seen notification on YouTube from Judi's channel (one of the most recognizable Polish PokeTubers) when he started a new series for new fanmade game - Pokemon Reborn. 

Just the first episode was enough to have me try and play the game. I am quite sensitive person (both in positive... and negative sense), so it was easier for me to bond with the characters. Especially those with whom I have more in common. 

But Ame, was different. We did have quite a few things in common, but not as much to "make a bond". But there was one, ONE detail that made me connect with this "semi-fictional character"... No matter what, where and when, she was helping and encouraging; trying her best to help us and Reborn. And despite being overworked, Ame was going forward. Despite the losses and failures, she was constantly going to her goal. She did become my role model, and to this day, whenever I fail, I try to think how many she did for me and the others, and that I have to bring my best. 

To clarify, it's not like I'm in love with her or Amethyst... It's just- "friendship"... of sorts. It is hard to explain, so forgive me. 

But then, THAT day happened. Raid on "Devon Corp." building. And... 

...when Lin had ordered Hydreigon to...I have saved, turned out the game, and was crying on the bed for half an hour. It wasn't a hysterical cry, but my soul was pierced, and I was afraid to turn up the game... just to not see Ame's lifeless corpse which would remind me that I've failed to protect her. I know we couldn't do anything, but I wish we could, to try... 

It's been well over a year and a half, and I have gotten over it. But I won't forget that feeling - that painful, regrettable moment, which had reminded me that we are just mere mortals, unable to do big things as we please. And that... even when our friends are no longer with us, we need to carry their legacy in our hearts, and press forward, to not disappoint them......... 

I may be pathetic, crying because fictional character died, but I'm not afraid of telling it publicly, as I hate being a liar. 

I’m almost same as you are. Because my life might have regrets but sometimes, not. I have no interest in loving fictional characters but their shipping moments. In fact, I hate alcohols and I’m much of shy to find a girlfriend. And I hate suicide and I want freedom.

Seeing many characters die in Pokemon Reborn and Rejuvenation is a real moment so heartbreaking. However, it’s not just these games. Anything goes. 

• Upvote 3

When I first played Reborn, it was around 2018 with some unfinished playthroughs before completing one in 2021 later. Before it was watching some videos on YouTube like MakuBeX, Leo and Dai Laughing. 

And first I felt a bit hesitant or skeptical, since back then I didn't like the fangames at first (like I abandoned my old play run in Rejuvenation in 2017), but the more I spent time with the Reborn topic... I grew very foundly of the fandom and the characters, which later manifested into a passion project of a AU Rebornfic🙂

It also served as a way to relief myself from stress and sort of escapism.

And because of Reborn, I could try and watch other Pokemon fangames like Desolation and Rejuvenation V13. It had ups and downs along the way with me, but I felt joy regardless.

• Like 4

The first time I played Reborn was around the time shortly before Episode 18 came out. I had seen videos of it on YouTube and grew interested. Playing through was quite the struggle, but as I progressed, I learned all kinds of things, from battling strategies to even some pretty good advice. I may have started very late, but I'm happy... happy to have been able to enjoy this experience with the rest of you.

• Like 2

The first time i played Reborn was June 2021. I discovered it from a "what i expected, what i got" meme about Fern. Intrigued, i immediately searched what Reborn was, and i decided to play it after Xenoverse. And pass from something like Xenoverse to THIS was like being hitted by truck and being isekaied in a world were you are a god, os what i needed.

Also, at the start i thought the game was complete, so when i beat Hardy i was like Padme in that meme:

Game: You finished E18!

Me: This is joke, right?!

I see how i can't actual contuine the story and go to assault Labradorra.

Me: Right?

And now i'm here, thanks guy who made that meme!

ps: i hope you guys have made the 1R253 Scrapyard "puzzle" less tedious and "long"

Edited by KingInfernal
  • Like 3

There really is no getting off the hype train, is there?

Because I am hyped;  to the point where the characters are appearing in my dreams. Adrienn--who appeared in my most recent dream--looked just like xe'd stepped out of the game sprites and became a real person. (Edit: Notwithstanding the fact that the leaders are actual people who participated in the online league. But we're talking how they appeared in-game here.) 

(I'll talk about the first time I played this game once E19 is out and I've cleared the main story.) 

Edited by Yeshua_Kristos