Hey guys, I've made little headway in the game, and I want to know if my current team is good

enough to beat Julia. I haven't defeated Team Meteor in the factory yet. I don't want to waste time blacking out, losing money and soft resetting lol. Let me know if I need to catch certain mons that will definitely help for the first and second gym too 🙂

Marshadow - Lv 14 (Yes, I'm a wuss who used the SWM modular modpack, don't roast me in the comments ;_;)

Blitzle - Lv 15 (Ability: Lightningrod)

Goldeen - Lv 15 (Ability: Lightningrod)

Poochyena - Lv 14 (Ability: Rattled)

• Global Mods

You have to do the factory first. and obviously you should be fine with that marshadow, but filling those last couple slots is probably a good idea. Fury Cutter Kricketune is great for the first couple gyms. Mud Sport Zigzagoon can also help a lot, and evolving that poochyena makes is very strong for that point. 

Really though, don't be afraid to just try out a battle. if you save just before, resetting with F12 only takes a few seconds and then you can try again with better strategy now that you've got more insight, or go and train if you seemed to be heavily outmatched

• Upvote 1

Guest Relinquished

Fish for a Goldeen and try for it to have Lightningrod ability. Also, if you item-hunt (compoundeyes butterfree and frisk noibat), fetch a mystic water from wild ones. That Water Pulse will do wonders, there.

21 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

Fish for a Goldeen and try for it to have Lightningrod ability. Also, if you item-hunt (compoundeyes butterfree and frisk noibat), fetch a mystic water from wild ones. That Water Pulse will do wonders, there.

OP already has said Goldeen though

That’s a good team you have there! The advantage of having a Marshadow with you is that you won’t be bugged by most of Julia’s Pokemon attacks, more especially Rollout, Self-Destruct and Sonicboom. Your best option is to send out Kricketune first, then spam Fury Cutter to inflict enough damage as long as you’re still able to fight. Call him back if necessary. Also, you should keep Blitzle for later in the battle. As a cheerleader, Julia has one specific mon that could be quite dangerous to both Marshadow and Kricketune. Otherwise, your team seems to be relatively balance. Just evolve your Poochyena, and it should be all right :^)

By the way, you’ll have more choices to deal with the second Gym Leader. Personally, my favorite assets to confront this one would be Numel (Located near the railway station on rainy days), Vanillite (Inside of an ice cream dispenser in a candy shop, a Vanilla Ice Cream is required though) and Pancham (A common encounter living in Obsidia Slums).

May your stay in Reborn be good!~

58 minutes ago, Q-Jei said:

By the way, you’ll have more choices to deal with the second Gym Leader. Personally, my favorite assets to confront this one would be Numel (Located near the railway station on rainy days), Vanillite (Inside of an ice cream dispenser in a candy shop, a Vanilla Ice Cream is required though) and Pancham (A common encounter living in Obsidia Slums).

May your stay in Reborn be good!~

Ok, I'll definitely get those mons for the next gym. Thank you! 🙂

Guest Relinquished
8 hours ago, Metadeth said:

OP already has said Goldeen though

Improving on it and all that... It learns water pulse at 16 level and Mystic Water is nice, on it. OP's is at 15 level.