Advice on my team

Chari

Hey, new to the forums, I just ended e18 a while ago and wanted to hear your opinion about my team:

1. Charizard

2. Lapras

3. Alolan Raichu

4. Tyranitar

5. Lilligant

6. Froslass

How is my team overall? Do you have any advice on any mons I should change? I thought about adding Lucario/Sylveon to my team but dont know who should I switch out and switching Froslass for Mimikyu.

Ofc if you have better mons to suggest I'll be happy to hear your suggestions 🙂

Edited by Chari

It depends. Perhaps it is best to also add your movesets (natures and EVs optional) so we have a better idea of the tactics you (can) use in battle. (For example, idk if your charizard is a physical DD-set, a special attacker...)

It is also common to have a couple mons in rotation so people can adapt to specific challenges. I have a team of about 20 due to abundance of time between episodes (although many of those are ground- and fire-types I trained for a very specific gym leader...and I didn't use them because I didn't find a PC nearby...)

Lucario would be a nice addition, I think. You don't have a steel-type yet, and you seem not to have much physical attacking presence (but movesets).

I'm not sure how great froslass is. All I know is that it can set hazards and use Destiny Bond, and that its special attack is rather lackluster. But I haven't used it in Reborn, so it might be an awesome pokemon in this game.

My personally favourite Ice-type is Mamoswine, and it could fit on your team as well. Breed with Beartic for Icicle Crash, complement with Ice Shard, Earthquake and Mist (great for nullifying terrains for a short while) and you have a fun mon. (If Stealth Rock is available, which I doubt, it's also a possibility.)

45 minutes ago, laggless01 said:

It depends. Perhaps it is best to also add your movesets (natures and EVs optional) so we have a better idea of the tactics you (can) use in battle. (For example, idk if your charizard is a physical DD-set, a special attacker...)

It is also common to have a couple mons in rotation so people can adapt to specific challenges. I have a team of about 20 due to abundance of time between episodes (although many of those are ground- and fire-types I trained for a very specific gym leader...and I didn't use them because I didn't find a PC nearby...)

Lucario would be a nice addition, I think. You don't have a steel-type yet, and you seem not to have much physical attacking presence (but movesets).

I'm not sure how great froslass is. All I know is that it can set hazards and use Destiny Bond, and that its special attack is rather lackluster. But I haven't used it in Reborn, so it might be an awesome pokemon in this game.

My personally favourite Ice-type is Mamoswine, and it could fit on your team as well. Breed with Beartic for Icicle Crash, complement with Ice Shard, Earthquake and Mist (great for nullifying terrains for a short while) and you have a fun mon. (If Stealth Rock is available, which I doubt, it's also a possibility.)

You're right, here are their moves:

Charizard:

Air slash

Dragon pulse

Heat wave

Flamethrower

Lapras:

Hydropump

Scald

Ice beam

Perish song

Alolan Raichu:

Psychic

Thunderbolt

Focus Blast

Grass Knot

Tyranitar:

Dragon dance

Rock Slide

Earthquake

Crunch

Lilligant:

Quiver Dance

Petal Dance

Giga Drain

Sleep Powder

Froslass:

Shadow Ball

Blizzard

Destiny Bond

Frost Breath

Thanks for the reply! btw I already have 2 ice types(Lapras and Froslass). if I pick Mamoswine I have 1 more open slot(cuz I dont want 2 of the same type). what do you suggest?

There are other options possible as well.

As your current team is heavily oriented to the special side, you coud definitely use some physical attackers.

You don't have a Ground-type yet, which might be worrisome with a plethora of fields boosting electric-type attacks (hence Mamoswine as a suggestion). Excadrill is a very good option, as it greatly benefits (Sand Rush/Force) from TTar's Sand Stream. Garchomp has Sand Veil as well, but Earthquake isn't available to it yet (and Rough Skin is usually a better ability). Gliscor can benefit from chip damage the sand brings as well with stall sets (Toxic Heal).

Due to TTar, steel-types are also something to consider. Lucario is perhaps the best option regarding coverage on your team, but Scizor and Metagross could be viable as well (or Mega Mawile once we get the stone). All of them get priority moves by level-up as well iirc.

Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, laggless01 said:

There are other options possible as well.

As your current team is heavily oriented to the special side, you coud definitely use some physical attackers.

You don't have a Ground-type yet, which might be worrisome with a plethora of fields boosting electric-type attacks (hence Mamoswine as a suggestion). Excadrill is a very good option, as it greatly benefits (Sand Rush/Force) from TTar's Sand Stream. Garchomp has Sand Veil as well, but Earthquake isn't available to it yet (and Rough Skin is usually a better ability). Gliscor can benefit from chip damage the sand brings as well with stall sets (Toxic Heal).

Due to TTar, steel-types are also something to consider. Lucario is perhaps the best option regarding coverage on your team, but Scizor and Metagross could be viable as well (or Mega Mawile once we get the stone). All of them get priority moves by level-up as well iirc.

Hope this helps!

Thing is- I dont want the same type so if I pick Mamoswine I wont use another ground typeGliscor/Excadrill etc.

I guess I'll add Lucario then, whats your opinion about Sylveon?

Edited by Chari

I suggested Excadrill in case you don't want Mamoswine. Either can be nice.

I haven't used Sylveon myself, but it is referred to as a 'nuke' on the forums due to Trump Card. If put to 1 PP before an important battle, you get a massive 200 BP pixilate-boosted STAB-move capable to one-shot an unresisted Arceus if you happen to run a Choice Specs.
Other than that I guess it's a decent cleric with a powerful STAB attack. If you want to run it, do so, but I'd say you should play it to its strengths. It learns a bunch of nice support moves for Reborn, so experimentation is possible 😉

Given your physical attacking-problems, I do recommend you to consider Azumarril and Mimikyu as well if you want to run a Fairy-type.
The former is surprisingly stong, levels up quickly and learns its best moves early on, but you have to breed Aqua Jet on it (via Buizel/Floatzel) to get the most out of it. The latter has Disguise, giving it free setup to demolish stuff, but to get it you have to go through 2 long late-game events.