Why?

Amethyst

• Administrators
New Why:
Why is Koga's Gym full of Drowzee, Hypno and Kadabra, when there were about over 9000 poison types to pick from in the first generation?

• 8 months later...
As of the new serious in BW001:
[quote]According to the narration at the beginning of the episode, Ash is [i]still [/i]ten years old (despite the fact the anime has been airing for over thirteen years at this point).[/quote]

So apparently Ash has somehow managed to travel through 4 regions, defeat all their Gym Leaders, compete in each of their League Tournaments, and countless sidequests in less than a year. Apparently Ash moves fast.

• Administrators
But the Pichu brothers short took place on the anniversary of the day Ash and Pikachu met... That was the whole point of the characters' absence. And that day is the same as his birthday...

My answer: Because if Ash ever aged, he might grow a personality with it, which Nin10D'oh obviously wants to avoid.

Here's one I'm wondering: In R/B/FR/LG, why the hell do you attack that scientist for the fossils that he claimed first? ...Isn't that a little brutal?

• Administrators
Actually, I think he attacks you. I mean, sure he laid them in the way of the exit, silly guy, so you had to approach them in order to leave Mt. Moon- but see, he saw it as you trying to steal them, so he jumped you in defense. After you whoop him into calmness, he gives you one as an apology.
...That's how I saw it anyway.

The guy attacks you when you walk in front of him, so you don't even get a chance to touch the fossils. The fossils fully come into view the instant he attacks you, so you don't even do anything. He charges and shouts, "Hey, stop! I found these fossils! They're both mine!" Again, you barely even see the fossils when he says this. If you have never played the game before odds are you might not have noticed the fossils or if you did realized they were fossils. Like Ame said, once you whoop his ass he calms down a bit. "We'll each take a fossil! No being greedy!" Except for the fact that we probably would not have taken his fossils had the jerk not attacked us and then after we defend ourselves he hands one over like a coward.

Bitch shoulda just picked it them up and put them in his bag ealier. Like when he supposedly found them. >>
Foureyes was studying a wall with his terrible eyesight and probably noticed the fossils when he turned and heard you coming. And then got greedy. Thinking back on it, if that really happened to me, I would have taken both of em after he attacked me like the jealous maniac he is.
/ragefornoreason

ha ha i love kabutops, i would burn him to a crisp with my Charmander, and have Nidorino Double Kick him to make sure he doesn't get up why not

• Administrators
The general consensus is that Psychic is weak to common fears, disrupting the mind. Fear of dark, fear of ghosts, fear of insects fits right in. [s]I mean, look at me[/s]

Huh, I'd never looked at it that way before. To me the Dark and Ghost weaknesses always made sense to me, maybe because along with Psychic they all seem supernatural and mystic. But Bug never fit into that. Looking at it as common fears that go against logic and mental strength is really clever.

• Administrators
Yep, that was one of my favorite fun facts about Pokemon; I figured it out sometime last year... Another fun fact is the reason for the introduction of the Steel/Dark types. (Because Psychic was too OP in gen I, and Fighting was terrible, so they had to balance it out.)

Better question:

Why does Bug beat Dark? ._.
My thoughts: It had to be a useful type somehow... I really can't come up with anything. In terms of real logic, I guess, like... They're simple-minded creatures immune to Dark's trickery and deceit? I dunno.

@Ikaru's old post

Many species of bug are nocturnal, so they appreciate the dark rather than fear it. Thus, DARKNESS POWAAAAAH.

New: Why the [i]fuck[/i] is Sandshrew/Sandslash the Mouse Pokémon? We already have 3028475 Mouse PKMN and they're not even mice. ._.